Would this not work better when repacking filler

Status
Not open for further replies.

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
I've now started vapin my 801 mod box, the filler in the cart seemed to pool juice at the end. I also noted a harder draw then it should be, I took the filler out and indeed it was all pooled at the end. I then drilled 2 tiny holes in the top of the cart, hoping that would give me a easy draw.

I then put the filler back in and topped it off, nice draw good everything the first 2 to 3 hits off it. Then back to hard draws, and I took it apart and seen the filler was sucked up the cart some. That means the pooling juice at the end, is sealing off the draw and pulling up into the cart.

I'm going to do the straw mod as well, to let the draw be much better with the 2 drilled holes. I got filler and was thinking, why not try putting the top 1/2 of the cart. With heavy packed filler and then thin it out the 2nd 1/2, to where it drips off the end onto the atom. That should let the top 1/2 hold lots more juice, and it will drip down much slower. And the lower 1/2 will hold less, but drip faster onto the atom would it not ???

Has anyone try this, and if so how did it work, if not what do you think of trying it ???

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
I've now started vapin my 801 mod box, the filler in the cart seemed to pool juice at the end. I also noted a harder draw then it should be, I took the filler out and indeed it was all pooled at the end. I then drilled 2 tiny holes in the top of the cart, hoping that would give me a easy draw.

I then put the filler back in and topped it off, nice draw good everything the first 2 to 3 hits off it. Then back to hard draws, and I took it apart and seen the filler was sucked up the cart some. That means the pooling juice at the end, is sealing off the draw and pulling up into the cart.

I'm going to do the straw mod as well, to let the draw be much better with the 2 drilled holes. I got filler and was thinking, why not try putting the top 1/2 of the cart. With heavy packed filler and then thin it out the 2nd 1/2, to where it drips off the end onto the atom. That should let the top 1/2 hold lots more juice, and it will drip down much slower. And the lower 1/2 will hold less, but drip faster onto the atom would it not ???

Has anyone try this, and if so how did it work, if not what do you think of trying it ???
Cartridges don't work by dripping liquid off the cart to the atomizer. They work by capillary action. The liquid has surface tension which always tries to equalize. The cart filler needs to be in contact with the atomizer bridge when it is assembled. This contact creates a transfer of liquid from filler to bridge, then it wicks through the metal sponge in the atomizer to get to the atomizer heater coil. The surface tension continues to equalize as liquid is vaporized. The vapor will slowly decrease until there isn't enough liquid left to flow... refill the cart before it gets to this point for prolonged atomizer life.

For me carts seem to work best when evenly filled just a little less densely than the factory original. Installing the straw mod tends to help with filling and better juice transfer for a better vape.

I think any extra holes will eventually cause more juice in the mouth piece with little or no benefit.

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
Ok you was most likely right about holes in the top of the cart, so I cut Q tips and put them into the 2 tiny holes fit just right. Then put filler in the 2 tube hit the atom, I pushed them back more till the didn't hit the atom anymore.

Then cut them off at the top and put juice in and tapped the cart, to get more juice into the cart. Well I was drawing hard and it was strong, and I had to give a much shorter draw, nice flavor and good vap and hit as well. I may need to fix the straws back a little more, and cut them off, but this may work really great.

The juice can't get into the straw easy, and it's taken the vap right in this way. Like dripping with out dripping, plus if this works right much less topping off, like you have to do with dripping. The little drill bit was just right for the Q tips I had, nice fit and should not get any juice into my mouth.

I'm calling this the dual pipe mod, dual hit tubes right in the cart. So far it's still working good with hit and flavor, I went and watched some TV and was vapin, and still working good but needs more juice. I'll still be trying it, to see how my dual pipe mods keeps working.

Maybe some one else will give this dual pipe mod a try, as I'm still learning the ropes, but it seems to be working really good so far. Here is 2 pics of the, dual pipe cart mod below.......

Attachments

• cartshot1.jpg
    cartshot1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 101
  • cartshot2.jpg
    cartshot2.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 97

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
I have noticed the filling got stuck to the atom, and that the dual pipes had to be pushed into the cart some. That it must be a longer atom, so I may need to cut come off the cart to make it work right.

I have tested it with the dual pipes, and with out so far and the dual pipes worked better, but clearly until I cut a cart down any test will be no good. So I'll cut a few carts down, and then retest to see how it works.

tims

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
PA, USA
I now cut down a cart and drilled 1 hole on the side, then put the straw down the hole into place. I then filled the cart 2/3 up with juice, the seal around the straw held the juice good.

So with the filler out I filled 2/3 of the cart up, then pushed the filler in and topped it off with 3 drops. The draw is better then with out the straw, and the straw took up very little room and seal after being placed in. A little over 2/3 of the cart filled with juice, is pretty good so little room is lost.

And I also took some of the filler out as well, as some had glue on it and I don't mind pulling the filler out. And filling the cart 2/3 up then put the filler in, that should give me some good vapin time before it needs redone. It would be easy to top off as well, so far it's working great.

Anyone know what that glue is made of, that they are using to hold the filler in ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread