Plastic pods and juice choices

Status
Not open for further replies.

PodVaper

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2019
Asia-Pacific
I have an Innokin Kroma-Z (and several other small pods) that all have plastic pods (not sure what material they are) Do I need to be concerned about "tank cracker" flavors (like citrus)?

Hi there ! I have used quite some Pod mods and small Pods and so far none had any issue of a cracking tank.

That said I used global brands liquid and Malaysian liquid both have artificial extracts (really hard ones) included, from Strawberry to Melons and from Passion Fruit to Lemons extracts. I didn't have any cracks for my Voopoo Vinci Air, Vaporesso PodSticks, Geekvape Flint and some other Pod mods so far and had using it around 6-7 month simultaneously.

But I'm not sure for real flavors like crunching a lemon to make your own e-liquid (if that is possible??) and if that might damage the tank, not sure about that. Lets hear from others too.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I've made two eliquids that I would have thought were tank crackers in the past, for Drag/Vinci and Smok pods, with no issues.
These are tropical fruit mixes that would have melted my ancient carto tanks in the past.

I still hesitate to try Gummy Bear flavors.....

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Good question. I haven't ever come across anyone complaining about juices cracking their pods. Yet, this was a big issue back in the day when plastic PC tanks were all we had.

I don't own any pod systems but from pics I've seen they look like Polycarbonate (PC) to me. But that doesn't mean they are.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Falconeer

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thank you all. I was afraid to put my lemon in it.

You know what I would do as a test...I would mix the juice and then put a little dropp on the outside of the pod somewhere and let it sit there for a while. Keep checking it to see if the plastic starts looking cloudy under and around the drop of liquid. If it gets cloudy then you know your pod is made out of Polycarbonate or some other plastic that's susceptible to cracking. Polycarbonate tanks don't always crack right away, they usually get cloudy first. Once you see it get cloudy wash it off real good. By doing this test, the worst you'll probably get is a pod with an ugly cloudy spot but that's better than a fully clouded tank or an unusable cracked one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread