What materials are the inside of pods made out of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman5

Mar 17, 2014
UK
Hi,
I'm really interested in getting a pod system, I've never liked big clouds. salt eliquid seems to be the way to go.

My only concern is; what material is the inside of these pods made out of? As just like the plastic clearomisers that did and still do exist - I don't want a part of them.

I'm thinking about getting the innokin eq. But I can't find out anywhere if it has a pyrex interior.

Are there any refillable glass interior pods you know of?
thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: MacTechVpr

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hi,
I'm really interested in getting a pod system, I've never liked big clouds. Salt eliquid seems to be the way to go.

My only concern is; what material is the inside of these pods made out of? As just like the plastic clearomisers that did and still do exist - I don't want a part of them.

I'm thinking about getting the Innokin EQ. But I can't find out anywhere if it has a pyrex interior.

thanks
Innokin EQ is a great little pod. Hits better than any I've tried, and pod lasts longer. But no, it has no glass. I don't think there is a pod that uses glass. I know I've never seen one. Pods, by definition, are meant to be disposable, so I really doubt any mfg. is going to use glass at a higher cost, or that there's even a market for that.

If the plastic concerns you that much, you'll probably have to get a very small mod and tank.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi,
I'm really interested in getting a pod system, I've never liked big clouds. Salt eliquid seems to be the way to go.

I'm thinking about getting the Innokin EQ. But I can't find out anywhere if it has a pyrex interior.

thanks
Perhaps something like a Billet box or it's spawn may be closer to what you seek.
Have a peek here: Best mod for me

Cheers
I

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hi,

thanks

You might prefer the GeekVape Flint instead of a pod. It's still a tiny size but with the silica glass tank it's a better option:

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Geekvape-Flint-Tank.html

^^^ Tank alone so you can read all the details

And the full kit

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Geekvape-Flint-Kit.html

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Most vapes contain plastic and rubber. On a rebuildable atomizer with a glass tank, the insulator directly under the positive terminal is polyether ether ketone plastic (peek) and the o-rings are made of nitrile or silicone rubber. Some of the "high end" atomizers that cost $100, like the Dvarw and Kayfun Lite 2019, have plastic tanks.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
You know, I often think in this world there are some things just not worth wasting brain cells wondering about ... cummon how many of us smoked cigarettes, pipes or cigars for so much of our lives - considering what went down down our necks it's a miracle any of us are still even walking about!

I think we can all rest assured however that in years to come some Wunderkind will find that the inside of those pods will cause terminal dandruff or whatever, so just as well not to bother overmuch.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Agreed.

All I care is if it's causing my nose hairs to grow faster.

The damage is done from my younger days. It's not an if but a when in my case. But I do understand the younger generations need to feel concerned. After all they are the future and Lord knows if we taught them anything it was we weren't too bright about a lot of stuff way back when.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread