Please Help! I'm Just Not Happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vapeonly BCC passed almost missed. They're not pyrex, and some were so tightly packed it tasted burned. One day, by chance I started taking hairs off the top of the packing. Inmediately I started having very saturated vapes. Nobody liked those BCC, went right through Protanks. Goes to prove that sometimes mass thinking is not always correct. But at 13 bucks with 3 heads they're cheap. I still have my first one from early Jan 2013. Never recoiled anything. Maybe I'm flavor blind, but loading up the kayfun and the BCC the flavor is the same to me. At a fraction of a cost! I'm not saying that you're wrong, I'm saying that everything is worth trying, you don't know where your next vape will come from, and it might not be the most popular or expensive of the lot.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
fair enough :) Kayfuns and PTs tasted pretty similar to me too (KF better not by a lot though), though I like the draw on the KF a lot better, but don't find it worth the wicking shennanigans i was going through for a tank's worth of a good vape. recoiling PT heads is a lil tricky but wicking is easier imo. I wicked a PT head tonight for the first time in a while and it was maybe the best wick job i've done on one--yay!!

edit--just now realized vapeonly bcc is its own tank. wasn't familiar with that. sorry if my reply made no sense lol

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ah really, so you can't get ahold of organic or sterile cotton down there? perhaps a worthy price to pay for living in such a gorgeous country. I long to visit Argentina. funny enough I didn't even notice you live there until just now when I looked to see where you're at susaz.

Thanks! I love it here, chose to come back after grad school in the US. Unfortunately 40 million inhabitants make a smaller market and we don't have so many things readily available.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Thanks! I love it here, chose to come back after grad school in the US. Unfortunately 40 million inhabitants make a smaller market and we don't have so many things readily available.

my partner lived in Argentina for a year and also loved it--in La Plata I think? are you able to order cotton/rayon online maybe? I bet somebody would be willing to send you some if you wanted it - I'd be more than happy to send some organic cotton, that's all i use ATM though I want to try KGD as well

where did you go to grad school at?

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
my partner lived in Argentina for a year and also loved it--in La Plata I think? are you able to order cotton/rayon online maybe? I bet somebody would be willing to send you some if you wanted it - I'd be more than happy to send some organic cotton, that's all i use ATM though I want to try KGD as well

where did you go to grad school at?

Stanford. Industrial Engeneering and Sci Computing, I'm back from that age when computers were toys!
Thanks for the cotton, but I'm not that comfy with the idea of organic cotton either, too many pesticides. I sometimes vaped on cotton gauze (not as absorbent as cotton but more processed and safer). When you know the processes involved to manufacture something (that's what Industrial Engeneering is all about) you know the risks. I'm against cotton and rayon, but (and that's a big one) cellulose rayon could make me change my mind...

La Plata, the city of the diagonal streets... I live in downtown Baires, 2 hour drive from there...

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
hmm Susaz, thanks for sharing your take on cotton and rayon...I am totally understanding of this. didn't realize pesticides were used in organic cotton. perhaps that's the final incentive to hunt down some KGD as I really want to give that a try.

that's cool I've never talked with anybody who went to Stanford. nice! If I manage to make it down to your beautiful part of the world sometime - and I hope that's not an if but more of a when - we should have a vape :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
So, you have a keen eyesight, good for you. Me, I only mount the negatives, the positive I have to remove the screw, something I hate from the Trident...

Somebody seems to have a grudge on me, haven't we?

Really no need for this. No one here has a grudge against anyone. I understand being passionate about rebuilding, and the importance of learning for the likely event that ready-made hardware may be increasingly unobtainable... and my OPINION is that you are BOTH right... but let's keep the discussions to the hardware/liquid and refrain from any suggestion that someone has a "grudge" against someone. Having people disagree with us on the basis of their experience is something we should all come to expect in a community as diverse as ECF. This is a no drama zone - let's keep it like that. Welcome to the NuT house, Susaz!!

Last edited:

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Really no need for this. No one here has a grudge against anyone. I understand being passionate about rebuilding, and the importance of learning for the likely event that ready-made hardware may be increasingly unobtainable... and my OPINION is that you are BOTH right... but let's keep the discussions to the hardware/liquid and refrain from any suggestion that someone has a "grudge" against someone. Having people disagree with us on the basis of their experience is something we should all come to expect in a community as diverse as ECF. This is a no drama zone - let's keep it like that. Welcome to the NuT house, Susaz!!

Amen............

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
I'm getting so confident with the KFL, as a matter of fact, I started vaping Nicoticket's juice again on Friday!
That is great! Enjoy the KFL they are really amazing.. I just decided to upgrade my RDA's and bought a Veritas and Magma which are supposed to be closer to a KFL in a RDA so it will be interesting. I think what I have always disliked about dripping is TO MUCH airflow I tightened down my TOBH and Stilare and they were really much better for me. So with an airflow from behind the coils in the Veritas and Magma I am hoping to have 2 drippers I really like. I do love the flavor or drippers so I am still searching for the perfect one. I found the perfect tank in the KFL though

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
That is great! Enjoy the KFL they are really amazing.. I just decided to upgrade my RDA's and bought a Veritas and Magma which are supposed to be closer to a KFL in a RDA so it will be interesting. I think what I have always disliked about dripping is TO MUCH airflow I tightened down my TOBH and Stilare and they were really much better for me. So with an airflow from behind the coils in the Veritas and Magma I am hoping to have 2 drippers I really like. I do love the flavor or drippers so I am still searching for the perfect one. I found the perfect tank in the KFL though

I am with you on the airflow. I have a Veritas and I love it! The juice well holds a lot of juice and you can do either single or dual coils in it. The airflow is so easy to adjust by turning the cap.

I don't have a Magma (yet) but I do have plans for one soon.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
I am with you on the airflow. I have a Veritas and I love it! The juice well holds a lot of juice and you can do either single or dual coils in it. The airflow is so easy to adjust by turning the cap.

I don't have a Magma (yet) but I do have plans for one soon.
Good to know I will update this post once I have the magma and do some builds on it

Tarja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Paicines, CA
I absolutely knew that was going to be one suggestion, and to be honest...the thought of a REO makes me nervous. I don't know why. I've never seen one in person, I'm not sure about the whole squonking thing...

About 2 months ago, I was in the same boat as you, somewhat. I was using an itazte VV V3 (perfectly good mod) with kanger pro or minitanks. Things were 'good', but I was finding myself less and less having those jaw-dropping moments of flavour awesomesauce.

Then, I made my first REO purchase. And my second...and my third.

I have become...a monster.

People really aren't exaggerating when they say that it is *that* good. It really brings a whole new depth to the overall flavour and experience. My first few times trying to coil it were frustrating, to say the least...but it quickly got better with the right tools. For me, those tools are an inexpensive jeweler's loop so I can see what I'm doing, a coiling gizmo (no joke, that's what it's called), nail clippers, a small pocket screwdriver, and some cotton.

I'm editing here because this is the list of items that I use, which are *inexpensive*, to say the least, and make your coiling world (IMHO) a whole lot easier. I had written a blog post about it here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...virgin-inexpensive-tools-noob-rebuilding.html

super_X_drifter has some excellent guides and videos in the REOS forum on how to assemble everything. I used those, and can now coil like a semi-pro.

As for my REO family? Well, as I said, it has exploded:

At the end of June, my family was this:
388.jpg

As of today, my family is this:
1102.jpg

They are pricey investments, and I was wary about making that kind of purchase because I couldn't coil, and knew next to nothing about how it would *really* work (I mean, seriously, can the taste really be that much better?). The answer is...yes. Totally worth it, and it gets easier every day.

:vapor:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread