Please Help! I'm Just Not Happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I took off the second o ring from the bottom so it would be easier to get the bottom off and on for you.. I threw it in the envelope though (or at least I think I did) if you put it back on it should be very tight. You can increase vapor by twisting the top cap and opening up the second hole there is a position where the top cap 2 large holes are open across from each other. This will increase vapor by a lot but it will reduce your flavor. the top cap is also tight but it will twist to give you different air draws. I am not sure much air will come through bottom cap to middle section even loose. Also try twisting the middle onto the bottom I had it pretty snug when I sent it. Finally iif you use some inexpensive juice on the o rings it makes it easier to twist it on if you choose to add second ring. Glad you like the flavor!

I'm having a lot of fun experimenting with this! I'm getting lots of nic. I can see why people go down to 6mg for sure. Again, thanks so much for the gift and for your continued help. You really have changed the game for me!

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
Your welcome I am glad that the Trident was able to go on to more uses. That little RDA taught me how to build coils and is really a great little "clone". Were you able to get the top cap to twist to try the different hole settings? On the Nic topic yeah I moved down to 6 mg and never looked back even 6mg nic in my KFL's is plenty..
Enjoy the fun of tinkering with it and trying different juices without any hassle!

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, I did. I took one of the o-rings off from the top. That made it much easier for me to move around. I'm thinking that when I took the whole thing apart (I just had to), I might not have lined the bottom back up right with the coil. I'm getting bleary-eyed because it's way past my bedtime, so I'll work on it some more tomorrow.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I disagree. Vaping can be as hard or easy as we want it to be. Many people cant be bothered to know or even do anything extra -- they just wanna be able to pick up their vaporizer and go. I spent the past week in a small town in Kansa. Not one person I met that actually vaped had anything other than an eGo with a clearo of some sort on top and they were happy as clams. Seeing me vaping a REO did spark a teeny tiny bit of curiosity but once I started explaining it you could see the disinterest leave their eyes.

ECF is just a small segment of the vaping community just like subΩ'g so average John & Jane Q Public don't have a clue about how into it they could actually get.

Building a coil is a basic skill every vaper should have. Even if you don't do it regularly, it's wise to have an ohms checker, Kanthal, cutters and other coil building stuff. Tastes and activities change, and she might not be doing it today but yes tomorrow. Here's my workhorse, cheap and esy to build

I paid for it 17 bucks, but you can get it for even less. The iGo W is even cheaper, and I've been considering the CLT for later...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I think I liked the first video of the wrapping better. It seemed like it would be easier on the Reo just because it's more open. However, I'm taking advantage of the offer from samcm010 to send me the Trident clone. Question, though...will that work on my MVP?

Yes, but not the best dripper for a beginner. The screws are too small, you have to take them out to thread the coils... Tip: Put negatives first, pin them down, then put both positives. This way they won't move.

I have 3 Tridents and never removed the screws to mount the coils. Never.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I disagree. Vaping can be as hard or easy as we want it to be. Many people cant be bothered to know or even do anything extra -- they just wanna be able to pick up their vaporizer and go. I spent the past week in a small town in Kansa. Not one person I met that actually vaped had anything other than an eGo with a clearo of some sort on top and they were happy as clams. Seeing me vaping a REO did spark a teeny tiny bit of curiosity but once I started explaining it you could see the disinterest leave their eyes.

ECF is just a small segment of the vaping community just like subΩ'g so average John & Jane Q Public don't have a clue about how into it they could actually get.

Actually I've found it much easier to be able to "pick it up and go" since I a) started building my own coils, and b) got a kayfun. Whole LOT less fiddling about, than with the small Kangers. Those were CONSTANTLY leaking, giving dry hits, leaking some more, gurgling, more dry hits, etc, etc, etc... when I finally got a REAL tank, is when vaping actually became EASY. And no I don't have a "real" kayfun, I'm on a tight budget. I have 2 Tobeco clones, and they work GREAT. (Those who can afford "authentic" stuff, great, I'm happy for ya, but some of us like to eat and pay bills, too, and with low wages, something has to give -- like buying authentic stuff, when you can buy TWO clones).

Andria

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
hm? I have a 1 ohm coil. never gag or cough. keep in mind I have a very high nicotine tolerance. I don't even really mind the 18mg in it - but won't order 18mg again as I'd prefer it lower for sure. but am i placebo-ing the increase in nic delivery due to the REO, or does it (drippers) actually deliver more nic?

Dripping will cause you to feel the nic much faster--that's one of the main reasons we end up lowering it.
It took me to become extremely nic sick 2 nights in a row to go from 12 to 6mg.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina

NEVER said sub ohm. All my coils are 1.6/2 ohms because I hate mechs. And I'm really satisfied with the flavor.
I vape disposables and once in a while I rewick some old heads because I'm short on cash or simply can't get them. I agree that not everyone likes tinkering, but you should know how to build a basic silica coil in case of need and have necessary tools.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have 3 Tridents and never removed the screws to mount the coils. Never.

So, you have a keen eyesight, good for you. Me, I only mount the negatives, the positive I have to remove the screw, something I hate from the Trident...

Somebody seems to have a grudge on me, haven't we?

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
My first mod came with an i30, when I upgraded to the aerotank it was a night and day difference. The aerotank is a lot better. The new aspire mini is supposed to be even better but the coils cost an arm and a leg. If you want to get serious look at near ohm drippers and skip the whole Kaylite phase. You'll spend a tone of time fooling with possibly defective KFL clones that aren't all that much better than an aero tank mega. But drippers are in another league, a good one at around 1 ohm gives amazing flavor and vape. And they are cheap. Just make sure you get a mod that's up to the task (research.)

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good morning. :) I thought I might update on my progress with the KFL.

I've been rewicking just about every day because I wanted to practice, and because I change juice pretty often during the day. I've watched a ton of videos on this thing, and I've tried so many different methods in my attempt to get it right. I think I'm pretty darn close to perfection right now. I have to say that I'm pretty happy with the KFL. The Trident is also seeing its fair share of vaping, but I'm still tinkering with getting the vapor production right. Also, it hits HARD. Much harder than I'm used to. It's going to take some time to get used to the strength of it, but I'm quite happy with the Trident too!

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
yep, drippers hit hard. i stepped down my nic though not by as much as most people seem to :)

Also use much more liquid.... I can easily put 10/15 drops in there, that's a little over 1ml. I've been fiddling with hole placement to get more TH, but unsuccessfully so far...

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Also use much more liquid.... I can easily put 10/15 drops in there, that's a little over 1ml. I've been fiddling with hole placement to get more TH, but unsuccessfully so far...

I find the coil position in relation to the deck (higher or lower) as well as how close or far from the air hole it is placed can dramatically change the nature of the vape. :D

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
So, you have a keen eyesight, good for you. Me, I only mount the negatives, the positive I have to remove the screw, something I hate from the Trident...

Somebody seems to have a grudge on me, haven't we?

Grudge? Not at all. I replied based on you saying the Trident was not the best for beginners. Your post I quoted said nothing about eyesight. As far as a keen eye; I don't know about that ~ I'm legally blind.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
NEVER said sub ohm. All my coils are 1.6/2 ohms because I hate mechs. And I'm really satisfied with the flavor.
I vape disposables and once in a while I rewick some old heads because I'm short on cash or simply can't get them. I agree that not everyone likes tinkering, but you should know how to build a basic silica coil in case of need and have necessary tools.

I never said you said anything about subΩ'g.

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread