PLEASE help me decide on a battery charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my i2 two bay intllicharger finally gave out after about 6 months. Atleast one of the bays, which flashes full charge and doesn't charge at all. Well I already lost the receipt to the vape shop I got it at. I know i can go through the manufacturer, but don't really want to go through the hassle. Plus I just got the siglei 150w box mod, so i need a 4 bay charger.

I'm torn between these two, which falls into my price range, which is nothing over $40. My top two choices are the Efest LUC v4 or the nitecore digicharger D4. Please help me decide. Links to where to grabbing these two devices, for the cheapest price would be greatly appreciated. Thank y'all.

I'm also open to opinions on other chargers,that fit under my price range <$40. I havent really had time to do the research, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind that I do charge the battery over night, so reliability and safety is my number one concern. Speed and performance reviews, would also help. THANKS again, happy vaping, fellow vapors!!! :)

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
If your NiteCore only lasted six months why on earth would you replace it with another NiteCore? Get an Xtar from a dealer and get a charger that works right and is backed with a two year warranty. If they send them out with a two year warranty then the manufacturer expects them to last... a lot longer than six months.

Your right Rick. Like I said, I dont really have any time to do the research, so all i did was go to amazon, and see what was within that price range. Plus nitecores seem to be the popular name brand among the vaping community, possibly cuz of their price??? Really don't know. But thank god for forums huh, this here is my research.

Dont have time to read all the reviews, go to youtube etc etc... Thanks for your reply, that +1 for xtar. You dont happen to have a trusted vendor link do you? Amazon has the xtar VP4 for $44 and Xtar panzer xp4 for $35. Which one do you have or recommend? Thanks again Rickajho

Thank You Paul, especially for that link and discount MUCH MUCH appreciated!!! And thank you also Keepsmiling, my mind slipped on that previous post. +3 for xtar!!! No other competitors.

To keep u guys updated on this thread, I did my research on nitecores. I just found out they have a one year warranty. So I will get it replaced, but after my experience with nitecore and reading a few threads. I'll never buy one again. Still don't understand why their the most popular among vapors. Price I guess. But seems like xtar is the one to go with. Guessing they're like the sony vtc's of the charger world.

Still gonna get a 4bay charger for the mean time. Ill use the nitecore charger as back up, for my car. Are there any Efest owners out there. Saw the youtube videos, and they look comparible to the xtar, for a slightly cheaper price. Any opinions??? Xtar is in the lead with +3

jwag1973

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Saint Louis, MO.
I have charger's from both Nitecore and XTAR, both companies make nice charger's. From Nitecore, I have a i2 that's been in service for over a year and still working great. I also have two D2's, which are nicer that have been working flawlessly as well. They have the ability to charge at 300mA or 500mA simultaneously in each bay. They have nice LCD display's, which can be turned off. From XTAR, I have a VP2, VC2, and a XP1. The VP2 is a fantastic charger, probably my favorite. Three charge rates (250mA/500mA/1000mA), a nice LCD display, and LED light's that change from red to green when charge is complete. The VC2 I bought as a travel charger as it's powered by a USB cable. If you get one make sure you get at least a 1A wall plug, that will ensure you can charge at 500mA in both bays. It has a nice LCD display too! The XP1 is kept in my car, it can only charge up to a 18500 size battery, which I use regularly. I've had good luck from both of these companies. If I was looking at a 4 bay charger, it would be a XTAR VP4. They are best in class as far as 4 bay charger's are concerned. Good luck!

Last edited:
Already ordered my Xtar vp4, and appreciate everyone who helped me decide. As for my nitecore i2, found my credit card statement, and just shipped it out FREE of charge. Have to say customer service was helpful, yet they made me validate the authenticity of the charger, on their website.

As for Nitecore in general, they make descent products.Only reason why I believe you hear so many complaints, is cuz their the most popular. I had 2 other vapor friends who had their nitecores over 2yrs and still running. But you might be unlucky, and grab a lemon. That goes for all companies though, but like Kidney said, at least with Xtar your backed with a 2year warranty!!!

If your in the market for a charger, GO XTAR!!!

Steam Loco Motive

Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
Heraklion,Creta,Greece
I have charger's from both Nitecore and XTAR, both companies make nice charger's. From Nitecore, I have a i2 that's been in service for over a year and still working great. I also have two D2's, which are nicer that have been working flawlessly as well. They have the ability to charge at 300mA or 500mA simultaneously in each bay. They have nice LCD display's, which can be turned off. From XTAR, I have a VP2, VC2, and a XP1. The VP2 is a fantastic charger, probably my favorite. Three charge rates (250mA/500mA/1000mA), a nice LCD display, and LED light's that change from red to green when charge is complete. The VC2 I bought as a travel charger as it's powered by a USB cable. If you get one make sure you get at least a 1A wall plug, that will ensure you can charge at 500mA in both bays. It has a nice LCD display too! The XP1 is kept in my car, it can only charge up to a 18500 size battery, which I use regularly. I've had good luck from both of these companies. If I was looking at a 4 bay charger, it would be a XTAR VP4. They are best in class as far as 4 bay charger's are concerned. Good luck!

vp2 is indeed one of the top choices in 2 bay chargers category. The low charging rate, 250 mA, will ensure the long life of your batteries. For almost a year i am charging 2 efest 2100 mAh with vp2 every night, i use them in mech mod with ithaka atom dual subohm coil every day till 3,4 Volt and they still live!

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx

edwinoey

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Anywhere
Hi guys,

Im just recently bought an dual 26650 box mod and 2 MNKE 3800 mAh battery, but i havent bought the chargers yet. do you guys have any idea about the Nitecore D4 and i4? whats the different between i4 and D4? Also, i heard that to charge 26650 battery, people use efest LUC v4, but its kinda bit expensive, can u guys please gimme ideas what 4 bay chargers that fit with 26650 and charge fast enough? Thank you people!! :D

batterybro

Moved On
Jan 7, 2015
Shenzhen
www.batterybro.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread