Please help me find carts... struggling

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
I prefer the smok 2ohm double hole flanged cartomizers. However, I can't find them anywhere... in fact, I can't find 35mm flanged LR cartomizers ANYWHERE! I thought I found them on Peak Vapor, but was sent 45mm XL carts (I have only standard length tanks, so I now have 10 useless carts). IBTanked is sold out, and they are my usual source, I am running close to out (a few weeks and I will be completely out of carts and not happy). I don't care about the brand, I just need 35mm ~2ohm with two holes and a flange (I guess I could punch my own holes if I could just find some carts). Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you!
Dave

daveid777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Baltimore, MD
Well, I ordered some from WhimWham. And no sooner did Peak email me apologizing for the wrong listing which caused my confusion. They are makikg this right, but only have them without flanges.
Anyways, has anyone ever tried cutting the 45mm carts down to 35mm? The filler seems to be the same size in each, and not proportionate to the length, so I am thinking it will work. Feel free to tell me I am crazy to think this, and why would anyone try it... I work in a dental lab and have access to all kinds of diamond cutting tools and handpieces, so I know I can do it (and digital calipers to measure).

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I think I've heard someone cutting them down before, you just want to smooth them or they'll tear up your O-rings. Which might already be worn some because of your previously stated tank looseness.

Most IBT users report a firm grip from their tanks and don't use the flanged cartos, I think. They were mostly used for Smoktech's loose O-ringed commercial DCT tanks.

Are you aware of the flared ego threaded covers that many use instead of buying flanged cartos?

I know some folks have had to trim cartos down for use in the PV called the Billet Box. They might be able to guide you further.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I think I've heard someone cutting them down before, you just want to smooth them or they'll tear up your O-rings. Which might already be worn some because of your previously stated tank looseness.

Most IBT users report a firm grip from their tanks and don't use the flanged cartos, I think. They were mostly used for Smoktech's loose O-ringed commercial DCT tanks.

Are you aware of the flared ego threaded covers that many use instead of buying flanged cartos?

I know some folks have had to trim cartos down for use in the PV called the Billet Box. They might be able to guide you further.

The cartos that IBT sells are flanged -- I use them in my UDCT.

Andria

froginblender

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2010
    hollywood, Fl.
    • Deleted by DreamWithin
    • Reason: off-topic and inflammatory

Lori2014

ECF Veteran
    May 25, 2014
    • Deleted by DreamWithin
    • Reason: responses to deleted rude post

froginblender

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 18, 2010
    hollywood, Fl.
    • Deleted by DreamWithin
    • Reason: Rude and inflammatory

daveid777

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Baltimore, MD
    • Deleted by DreamWithin

BackDoc

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2010
    Galts Gulch
    • Deleted by DreamWithin

ckquatt

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2013
    Milledgeville, GA
    • Deleted by DreamWithin

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

interesting- NiChrome. I was hoping Boge and Smok would turn out something new. Boge did come out with a vertical slot and a sliding regular hole model to adjust flow a little while ago. And their own line of tanks.

X2 Dual Coil 510 Pre-Drilled (punched) Tank Cartomizers

X2 Dual Coil 510 soft tip pre-drilled Tank Cartomizers features a radical new design which boasts increased NiChrome coil surface area for maximum vapor production. This design allows heat to be transferred to a larger surface area than previous low resistance cartomizers, which force heat to a concentrated point with minimal surface area. For the user, that means shorter draws and increased vapor production, an advantage not previously available in low resistance cartomizers. The hole can be enlarged with a punch or a nail, this might be necessary with some thicker liquids. Always pre prime the cartomizer with 10-15 drops of liquid.

These are standard length 510 35mm (Tube Length) x 9mm (Same as Boge) cartomizers and will hold .8-1ml of liquid.

Available in Stainless steel only

5 pack or single stainless steel

Available Resistance:

1.5ohm (+/- .2ohm)(LR, Two 3 ohm coils in parallel)

2.0ohm (+/- .2ohm)(LR, Two 4 ohm coils in parallel)

2.5ohm (+/- .2ohm)(SR, Two 5 ohm coils in parallel)

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    • Deleted by DreamWithin

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    • Deleted by DreamWithin

Ipster

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2012
    Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
    Fusion K Series

And IKV also shows the Nitro Dual Coil 35mm also in stock

Nitro Series

Luv the IKV, my experience is things sell Very fast.
    If you see something you like there, grab it ASAP.

I've used Boge, Smok, IkenVape,
    and punched my own, bought pre punched, preslotted,
    single hole, double hole, different sizes, on and on=
    is there anything I've missed trying?

sure theres differences in the builds and packing- just take them apart and compare.

I dont have luck in recycling.
    I've tried boiling, steaming, vodka, Isopropyl alcohol (@91%) imho not worth the time
    maybe if your all retired and are sure you can really dry them out before refills.

Cheers

My first choice \ depends on the tank/juice Im using that day :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread