Please help me pick out some e-power accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
My e-power 14650 from hoosier should be here today. I ordered some strawberry juice from backwoods but I haven't ordered anything else. I want to get some boge cartos and some vision ego clearomizers. Can anyone tell me if I need an adapter for these and if so what kind? I don't need a tank for now, though that vision grande is absolutely gorgeous. I just want to be all set for awhile when it comes. Then all I need to order is some more juice.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
E-Power 14650 has been out of stock at Hoosier for the last several weeks. Does Brent have a new shipment in?

Recommended accessories:

- 5 or 6 protected 14650 Li-ion batteries. With multi-cell charging capacity you can charge up to a week's worth of batteries at one time over the weekend. I can buy Trustfire Blue protected 14650s for less than $8 for two.

- a spare E-Power or at least a spare switch. I've never had a switch fail yet, but it's good to have backups.

- drip tips for the carto or atty

-510 cartos. Either Boge or Smoktech. I settled on the single coil Smoktech 2.0 ohm LR XL in stainless steel as my main carto.

- a decent DMM. A decent digital multimeter can be had for about $35. If a decent DMM isn't an option an indecent cheapie DMM for less than $15 at Radio Shack is better than none.

- expanded battery charging capacity. I can charge 6 14650's at once.

The E-Power 14650 is 510 threaded. No adapter needed for 510 cartos and attys.

Last edited:

tica02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Minne-soda!
He had 2 extra on Thursday and sent me an email, it has the blue button but not the 5 click switch. I got my order in just in time! Good to know it's 510 threaded (I'm still new at this). Do I need any adapter tfor vision ego clearomizers or stardust?

I need to make a juice order after I test out the juice I just bought so I'll pick up some extra batteries and a switch. Is the single coil 2.0 ohm good for fruity juices? I'm hoping those are going to be my favorite as they sound so yummy. Just ordered strawberry from backwoods and it should be here today.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
I can't help you on the clearomizer... haven't tried them yet.

I found that the E-Power 14650 works best with low resistance (LR) single coil cartos. I've tried 1.5 ohm LR dual coil but found the vapor too cool and the battery drain too high. I'd suggest starting with two carto resistances: 1.7 ohm and 2.0 ohm single coil LR. See which one you prefer. The 1.7 ohm will be warmer (actually, about 2 watts warmer) than the 2.0 ohm. If 2.0 ohm is too warm in single coil, go to a higher resistance value.

I couldn't say how the cartos and resistance affect flavor because so much depends on the individual's sense of taste. But, warmer cartos tend to produce a stronger flavor.

Bluesman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
PA USA
Try the Vision Ego Clearomizer, you'll probably like them. Get the LR (Low resistance) type for your 14650.

1.7 and 2.0 cartos are very good suggestions. Your strawberry will probably be best at 2.0.

Easy on buying before you have it. Get comfortable with it first. Figure out your battery usage and then order more to accomodate your vaping style. Same with cartos, clearomizers, and juice. Get comfortable with your new PV, settle in, learn your usage and then ..... Go shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread