Please Manufacture A Lightweight Low Profile Squonker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Luck is bad, Element vape denies the warranty because it's past 30 days. Yeah 33 days.

I wrote directly to Dovpo we'll see how it goes.

Last time I buy from Element. I could understand if I was two weeks past the date but 3 days past the date is shabby.
    I'll ask again in this thread.
    Did the battery door break on the hinge pin side, or did a "catch tab" break on the bottle side.
    The catch tabs do seem like a vulnerable spot for breakage.

Susaz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 8, 2009
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I hope that some MFG pay attention to this forum.

I like the low profile of the Ijoy Capo and the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2.

These are single battery mods that have the 21700 Battery on the right side and on the left is the bottle and the Atty. The battery extends beyond the box, so the box is able to be around 1/2 an inch shorter and the atty is extends lower than comparable offerings.

Fits really well into my Scottevest Top Pocket. Problem is that both of these are pretty heavy, I think made with Zinc Alloy and probably over a pound. I don't like carrying around so much weight in my pocket.

Then on the other side you have the Vandy Pulse x which is only 4.3 Oz or 1/4 LB. Problem is that they are high profile or around 1/2 inch higher. Atty goes on top of unit which is battery height.

What I want is the form factor, functionality and low profile of the Capo and Squeeze 2 with the weight of the Pulse.

I'd buy it in a second.
    Get the Pico Squeeze 1. It's great and the size is what you want. Non regulated I'm afraid
    https://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_435809.html

Zaryk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Here are a few of my small squonk mods next to a pulse 80w for reference. My smallest (and lightest) mod is definitely the Anchor Nano (the one next to the pulse 80w on the right). Next would be the SQ (left of the pulse). The ones on the end are small too, but not as small as the Anchor and SQ.

20190521_132557.jpg

Edit-
    Just for reference purposes, the Pico 2 is 78x56x28mm. The Ancor is 72x42x24mm. Significantly smaller, and I would bet it is less than half the weight.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Letitia

mrjohs

ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2015
    I really like the looks of the Ultroner Aether:

Aether – Ultroner

Had it not been stabwood I would already have ordered it. They got everything right, IMHO:
    • Chip in seperate compartment from 510, in case of leaks.
    • Button and bottle on the same side, a la the Pico Squeeze
    • Small compact 18650. For me, at 18 watts, an 18650 is more than enough to get through the day.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2009
    Chino California
    Get the
    I'll ask again in this thread.
    Did the battery door break on the hinge pin side, or did a "catch tab" break on the bottle side.
    The catch tabs do seem like a vulnerable spot for breakage.

Pico Squeeze 1. It's great and the size is what you want. Non regulated I'm afraid
    https://www.gearbest.com/temperature-control-mods/pp_435809.html
    The pin that runs through holding the hinge on fell out. Can't find it and so I have 1 pin on the right side holding the hinge.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Got a Wismec Luxotic Surface 80w today. One of the Smallest (the Smallest?) 18650 Squonker I know of.

Way to earlier to say/review how it works. But aside from a few Glitches, I'm liking it so far.
    What kind of glitches?? Something that you could deal with or toss the mod in drawer??

charlie1465

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 30, 2014
    Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
    Just had to pitch in here as this has got to be the smallest squonker ever...it's only 18350 so max 0.5 ohm coil or above though so probably a deal breaker for some....

rave squonk.JPG

I love this thing and i'm getting one just because well I love it :) 22mm atties only.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    What kind of glitches?? Something that you could deal with or toss the mod in drawer??

Glitches like...

Small Squonk Window.
    Pronounced Door Rattle.
    Difficult to Remove the Battery without using the Battery Ribbon.
    And if a Designer is going to use a Battery Ribbon to removed the Battery, why would they place the Battery Ribbon at the Same location as one of the Magnets that holds the Door on?

Like I said, I haven't even had it 24 Hours. Love the Size/Hand Feel. And it is going to be a Keeper. But there are some things on it I would call Design Glitches.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2012
    virginia beach
    Glitches like...

Small Squonk Window.
    Pronounced Door Rattle.
    And if a Designer is going to use a Battery Ribbon to removed the Battery, why would they place the Battery Ribbon at the Same location as one of the Magnets that holds the Door on?

Like I said, I haven't even had it 24 Hours. Love the Size/Hand Feel. And it is going to be a Keeper. But there are some things on it I would call Design Glitches.
    Yeah,those are/would be deal breakers for me. Especially the door rattle. Sometimes it's as easy as removing battery ribbon to eliminate the door problem. Does not sound like the case here??

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Glitches like...

Small Squonk Window.
    Pronounced Door Rattle.

Does the bottom plate move down when you squonk?
    Saw a review where the bottle will push open the bottom plate, but wondered if the reviewer didn't have the bottle seated all the way up.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Yeah,those are/would be deal breakers for me. Especially the door rattle. Sometimes it's as easy as removing battery ribbon to eliminate the door problem. Does not sound like the case here??

The Ribbon in My case wasn't what was causing the Door Rattle. The door was just a Smidge Too Narrow.

I Fixed it by putting 2 Layers of Scotch Tape on the Battery Side of the Door Edge.

Can't say is I just got a Door that was on the Low End of the Dimensional Tolerance? Or if this was how they all are. But Two of the Video Reviews I saw before I bought it mentioned Door Rattle. So It wouldn't surprise me if this is going to be a Common issue.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Does the bottom plate move down when you squonk?
    Saw a review where the bottle will push open the bottom plate, but wondered if the reviewer didn't have the bottle seated all the way up.

On the Maiden Bottle Fill-Up, I had a hard time even getting the Bottom Plate to seat securely.

The Squonk Bottle needs to be ALL The Up into the Mod. I mean not .010" from all the way from All the way. It needs to be a Far as it will go. Seems like there is almost No Tolerance between the Bottle and the Bottle Plate.

So if you got a Bottle that was a Hair's Breath Longer due to Molding Variances, I could see that there could be an Issue with it pushing on the Bottom Plate.

Mine Doesn't. But I haven't even tried the 2nd Bottle that came with the Mod.

There is some slight Rattle on the Bottom Plate. But it Isn't noticeable because of the way you hold the Mod.

Some Reviewer's said that the Bottom Plate might be a problem, Fall Off and getting lost when you carry it. I'm not sure that is Going to be a problem?

Because the Plate Opening is Recessed. And there Isn't really anything to Catch on the plate. Like the Doors on something like the Original Kanger Dripboxes.

ETA: I would have Liked to seen the Bottom Plate attach with a Tongue and Groove / Slide in - Slide Out.

Magnets are Cool. And they are the "Hot" design approach. But sometimes Old School is Better. If not just for the Physiological Feel about how well something is going to stay on.

Last edited:
    • Informative
    Reactions: puffon

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    On the Maiden Bottle Fill-Up, I had a hard time even getting the Bottom Plate to seat securely.

The Squonk Bottle needs to be ALL The Up into the Mod. I mean not .010" from all the way from All the way. It needs to be a Far as it will go. Seems like there is almost No Tolerance between the Bottle and the Bottle Plate.

So if you got a Bottle that was a Hair's Breath Longer due to Molding Variances, I could see that there could be an Issue with it pushing on the Bottom Plate.

Mine Doesn't. But I haven't even tried the 2nd Bottle that came with the Mod.

The is some slight Rattle on the Bottom Plate. But it Isn't noticeable because of the way you hold the Mod.

Some Reviewer's said that the Bottom Plate might be a problem, Fall Off and getting lost when you carry it. I'm not sure that is Going to be a problem?

Because the Plate Opening is Recessed. And there Isn't really anything to Catch on the plate. Like the Doors on something like the Original Kanger Dripboxes.

ETA: I would have Liked to see the Bottom Plate attach with a Tongue and Groove / Slide in - Slide Out.

Magnets are Cool. And they are the "Hot" design approach. But sometimes Old School is Better. If not just for the Physiological Feel about how well something is going to stay on.
    Thanks for the feedback...:thumb:
    Will probably give one a try.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Hey No Problem puffon.

If you are looking for a Very Small Regulated 18650 Squonker that Feels Great when you hold it, this Surface 80w might be just what you are Looking for.

No Clue yet if it is going to Leak? Something that Earlier Wismec's have been reported to sometimes do. Or how well it does say TC?

But on Size and Hand Feel, the Surface is a Clear Winner.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

One other thing that I Didn't Know until I got my Surface 80w...

The Wattage is adjustable in 0.1w Increments from 1w ~ 20w. After that, it switches to 1w Increments.

So if your Favorite Number to vape at is 27.5 or maybe 33.3, you're going to have to settle for the Nearest Integer.

That, and the Acceleration once it kicks in (which is Pretty Quick) on the Up/Down is like Hans Solo Millennium Falcon Fast.

Not exactly Life or Death. But I just thought I'd throw it out there.

• Informative
    Reactions: puffon

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    One other thing that I Didn't Know until I got my Surface 80w...

The Wattage is adjustable in 0.1w Increments from 1w ~ 20w. After that, it switches to 1w Increments.

So if your Favorite Number to vape at is 27.5 or maybe 33.3, you're going to have to settle for the Nearest Integer.

That, and the Acceleration once it kicks in (which is Pretty Quick) on the Up/Down is like Hans Solo Millennium Falcon Fast.

Not exactly Life or Death. But I just thought I'd throw it out there.
    Thanks, not a problem for me. I prefer 1w increments.
    I believe they my be using the same "Avatar Controls" chip as the Pico Squeeze 2.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Thanks, not a problem for me. I prefer 1w increments.
    I believe they my be using the same "Avatar Controls" chip as the Pico Squeeze 2.

Just an Update:

After using my Surface for a Couple of days, I'm liking it even More. But the Squonking window in the Door has become a PITA.

It's just Too Small. And I'm just not getting a Reliable Squonk. Either Too Much or Too Little. Usually Too Little. So today I got out the Dremel and Widened it by about .300".

I used a the Tapered Burr Bit like the one shown in this set...

619iLhw2gvL._SL1000_.jpg

The Change is like Night and Day. Now I can Actual Feel the Bottle. And my Squonks are Consistent again.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Just an Update:

After using my Surface for a Couple of days, I'm liking it even More. But the Squonking window in the Door has become a PITA.

It's just Too Small. And I'm just not getting a Reliable Squonk. Either Too Much or Too Little. Usually Too Little. So today I got out the Dremel and Widened it by about .300".

I used a the Tapered Burr Bit like the one shown in this set...

619iLhw2gvL._SL1000_.jpg

The Change is like Night and Day. Now I can Actual Feel the Bottle. And my Squonks are Consistent again.
    Sounds good. Every vaper should have a Dremel...:thumb:
    Won't see mine for awhile. Ordered from FT, on sale for $34 mod only.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread