Please people, don't be this guy [Passenger Removed From Flight]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demarko

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.twinrosesoftware.com
I've never had anyone object to my vaping in public, but I wouldn't attempt vaping on a plane, especially after the guy getting kicked off and arrested. I've vaped in airports, but not in flight.

It will be a while before the public fully accepts vaping. Remember, the ratio of smokers to nonsmokers has changed in the last 20 years from 75% smokesr to 25% smokers (or less). That tells me 50% of the population are ex-smokers! Ex-smokers can be some of the worst anti-cigarette activists ever. I used for have a boss who hadn't smoked in almost 20 years. He had a reputation for his hatred of tobacco. He tolerated my smoking and one day while we were standing outside while I smoked, he admitted that sometimes he had the urge and once in a while the smoke smelled so good he thought he could eat a whole pack!

We, as vapers, remind them of the days they enjoyed the calm that nicotine provides.

No coincidence, I'm sure, that the sponsor of the nonsense in New York is a self-proclaimed ex-smoker of 20 years.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
Well, here is where we certainly don't agree.
And I guess that is where the rest of our disagreement, at least in part, also stems from.

The tests done in New Zealand were done a long time ago, back when people were all using relatively ineffective devices.
And back then they were also saying the vapor had no smell and dissipated in a matter of seconds.

Well, I can tell you that my clouds of vapor do in fact smell, and usually they smell very good.
And they definitely do not dissipate in a matter of seconds, not anymore.

There was a study done by Dr. Eissenberg not long ago showing that we are not even getting any nicotine from these devices.

We discussed it with the doctor here on this forum, explaining that you need a good device and you need to learn how to use it.
He would up getting a device we recommended and tried it himself and did acknowledge that he tested positive for nicotine.

There is a reason the National Vapors Club and CASAA are joining together to try and get funding for the IVAQS study.
We all need to know what is in the vapor we exhale before we can educate the rest of the world.

(my bold) Well of coarse he tested positve for nicotine but did anyone exposed to his vaping also test positive?
I found this link very interesting.

Proposed Law Endangers Health of Former Smokers

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Last edited:

curiousJan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
Central IL
Yeah, that was the point, the test subjects were found not to have gotten any significant nicotine.
I wish I could find the thread, it really is a very interesting read.

EDIT: Look at that, I found it: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-news/69409-cnn-com-today.html

Except the researcher, himself, took part in the discussion linked and admitted that he would change his approach to his testing methodology for any subsequent testing he performed due to flaws in the approach used in the topic research study. In another thread irrc, he discussed ordering a different model, testing himself, and finding via home-testing that he had actually ingested a fair amount of nicotine from "medium" cartridge use.

In a nutshell the referenced study was debunked, and the researcher was provided vital information that could prove useful in future studies.

Jan

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Yeah, that's what I said.
:)

DC2 said:
We discussed it with the doctor here on this forum, explaining that you need a good device and you need to learn how to use it.
He would up getting a device we recommended and tried it himself and did acknowledge that he tested positive for nicotine.

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
Here's a study about ecig mist very informative Ecigarette mist harmless, inhaled or exhaled
The e-cigarette does not create side-stream smoke.

Exhaled breath after e-smoking contains even less nicotine per puff, as much of the nicotine inhaled is absorbed. Similarly, propylene glycol is largely absorbed and little is exhaled.

No harm found in e-cigarette mist

Steef

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2010
Texas
I Love to Vape, and have stealth vaped on several airlines with no problem..... However, When you start trying to force "Your Right" to do something "You Feel" you need to do just to make a point, your going to get negative feed back every time!!! Not sure who stated it, But messing with the TSA, FAA, Air Marshals, Airlines is not the way to Blaze a new trail for vaping... You will lose every time.... My wife was delayed for a cork screw that was packaged in a gift set and got a summons to appear, not to mention a lawyer, and possible fine and or jail time..... All this for a bottle of wine..... This is not a bus, nor a civil rights issue that needs to be addressed to get a point across.....

I just love these BOZO's who have gotten on a flight and blew vape into the smoke detector in the crapper on an airplane..... "What If" the alarm went off????
What was your point??? This is what ruins it for everybody else!!!!! How would you explain that one???? Then you get your 15 minutes of fame... At what cost??

I do not know what the answer is.... I'm just happy I can still purchase what I want when I want without fear of someone busting my door down, telling me I don't have a right to do this..... Do we want that????

Steef

palermo45

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
www.nicapure.com
The problem is that this guy is actually probably what we need. I mean if you look at the headlines for when rosa parks got on the white bus. The very first headlines were.

Black woman arrested on white bus.

The article probably reads something very similar to this, and I am willing to bet there were a whole lot of black people, a non protected sect at the time, who said whatever you do, don't be this guy. We have to start standing up for ourselves.

We have to start Vaping where we would not normally smoke, and when they try to give us problems, We have to make them very publically prove that their reasons are valid, and we have to start making our voices heard.

Do I think this guy was wrong hell no, why do we have to be the ones to turn the other cheek and validate their fear?

Well when it come to airplanes, that is always ultra sensitive! This product is too new to start shoving it down peoples throats! That will only cause more and more non-smokers to become anti- e-cig very quickly! In my opinion what we need to do is keep it to ourselves and respectful of others. I think bars and nightclubs are fine but if someone complains, keep it respectful ! remember that MOST people are sheep and ignorant and if they heard the FDA made a statement that these things are killers, even with second hand smoke, the masses will initially believe the FDA.

Now as time goes on and we enjoy professionals like Dr Siegler and other experts discuss the truthfulness of e-cigs as well as how CORRUPT the fda is, then e-cigs will be more welcomed. That should be our first goal,, totally discredit the FDA and I am not simply talking as a vaper but also a citizen of the USA!! This agency is a rediculous joke in every single way!!! Of coarse we need a part of government that protects us from harmful meds however they do not do that!!! They allow drug manufacturers to get their product on the shelves and 6 months later, we see the ads from attorneys asking consumers to join the class action law-suits. It happens more and more which means the FDA is researching less and less. FDA needs a total turn around!

calyxan

Jan 13, 2011
Ohio
It is a civil right to Bare arms in the United states. You can change that, you can give up your guns. But it is a guaranteed right. When someone in government says anything about taking them away. The courts step in why because it is a civil right in the US.

Yeah, but you can't take a gun on a plane either. Even a fake gun, even a water gun. Maybe your hair dryer if it looks too much like a gun. The TSA confiscated a plastic toy slingshot from my mom's luggage once. We don't have unqualified rights, and it's not all about the FDA. It's like living under your parents' roof. When you get on a plane, the FAA is your mommy and daddy, and if you don't like their rules, you can leave.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
I've never had anyone object to my vaping in public, but I wouldn't attempt vaping on a plane, especially after the guy getting kicked off and arrested. I've vaped in airports, but not in flight.

It will be a while before the public fully accepts vaping. Remember, the ratio of smokers to nonsmokers has changed in the last 20 years from 75% smokesr to 25% smokers (or less). That tells me 50% of the population are ex-smokers! Ex-smokers can be some of the worst anti-cigarette activists ever. I used for have a boss who hadn't smoked in almost 20 years. He had a reputation for his hatred of tobacco. He tolerated my smoking and one day while we were standing outside while I smoked, he admitted that sometimes he had the urge and once in a while the smoke smelled so good he thought he could eat a whole pack!

We, as vapers, remind them of the days they enjoyed the calm that nicotine provides.

Actually the twenty year rates are more like 25% then and and 20% now. All that money spent by the antis making marginal change. You'd have to go back to 65 to get over 40% smokers.

spaceystacey

Apr 26, 2010
Texas
Yes everything has gone nuts, too many laws and too many cops only doing what makes money. Finding my grandma's stolen car isn't on their list, they closed the case, even when told where it might be. I get a DWI for not turning my turn signal soon enough, i blew .085, cause i had it fresh on breathe, those machines aren't right, one sip will do that. Now stop-light camera's giving tickets if you don't stop for 5 complete seconds, and lights turning from yellow to red in 2 seconds. This is our present. Laws to criminalize the public in any way possible, and make money. I'm scared to leave my home. No turning a plane around on a product the FDA doesn't have its pockets in, is not anyway to go about a positive reaction. Now NJ and soon NY will ban them, and in spring airplanes will ban them cause of some old fart that made the law in the 80's. Lighters aren't allowed on planes. How can anyone lite anything. Flavors are for kids well I guess we're all kids at heart. But now its out there, and the public mad mom's out there are .....ing, so now we got to inform the fight. Fog machines are allowed, PG is in those machines, not food grade, but its there. Nicotine is in tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant, and califlower. So there, its in Food that everyone eats. Kids are more into caffeine than nicotine. caffeine has withdrawls: bad headaches. nicotine we get cranky, thats it. caffeine is so much more addictive, I say campaign against the other legal addictive additive, and see how mad mom's act then. Anything and everything can be banned and its headed our way. smoke-everywhere= be careful what you say, you have to its not smoke its vapor, its not lit, its a light. its not a cigarette its a stick. omg! can't we all just get along. I was really looking forward to vaping in july on a plane, will i be able to? idk? probably not. But we need to work together. I'm sick of these F4L ppl the carto's suck, its not suppose to snap, crackle, pop in ur mouth, like a firecracker. ppl stop promoting them, its a piece of crap that will be tested and all of them banned cause of it. Makes me sick. Its a money world and these pill companies to stop smoking are in the fda pockets and the commercials have been waiting to come out, its all over. Say no to pills, patches, and gum, and Go to national vapers club and see the state bills, and email against them banning and criminalizing nicotine.

spaceystacey

Apr 26, 2010
Texas
F4L? do you mean V4L? because I like my vapor king

Yes thats what i meant i was so disappointed with their product except the batts are great thats it.
How do i put in how long i've been non-analog. i'll try put it in i got the code after clicking on someones and now don't know if i add it everytime i reply??? and the V and F are really close on the keyboard, my bad.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
oh ok yeah. I'm with you on the cartos, I thought you meant the whole system sucked, batt and all. the batteries are GREAT, and they make good E-liquid, just get some blank kr808-d1 cartos somewhere else and you have a gread E-cig. now then, about this whole flight thing. I'm usually pro-ecig but in this particular case, I think it's perfectly reasonable to ban E-cig use on planes. planes are a very confined, narrow space, and if a lot of people are using e-cigs on there at once, the plane will still get filled up with vapor, and some flavors really don't smell too good. not to mention if somebody's vaping 555 or something to that effect, it could cause somebody allergic to peanuts or other nuts to have a reaction that would normally be far enough away for it not to affect them if they were in a more open space. was the media ignorant in saying the passanger "lit" an e-cig? yes, very. was it over reacting to land the plane and kick him off for it? for sure. but I think in a situation like an airline where

1. it's a small confined space

and

2. if somebody is allergic to peanuts, menthol, etc, or just offended by whatever scent is coming out of the E-cig (for example, I can't STAND the way some of the perfume-ish flavors smell) they can't exactly get up and leave the plane like they could in say a bar

it's perfectly reasonable to just keep ANYTHING that can release an over powering vapor or smell (wouldn't want some dumb kids spraying Axe either, too much of that .... gives me a headache) banned on flights, trains, etc.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
actually I think with that sort of thing you should be able to wear it if its on you already but you should have to at least go into the bathroom to spray it. a plane ride should be as comfortable as possible for everybody on the plane, and if the plane begins to smell like a mix of 555 vapor, perfume, cologne, body spray, and hairspray, everybody will get ...... off. I do think any and all spit-free smokeless tobacco should be allowed though, as that cannot POSSIBLY bother anybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread