PLEASE take time to post your comments -

Status
Not open for further replies.

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
WRDW-TV News 12 / On Your Side - Consumer help for Augusta, Georgia

I was interviewed today by our Augusta GA CBS Affiliate. They did a "neutral" piece (not a horrible job of it... a little more of neg than pos), and I did my best to inform them and not use the stereotypical "looks just like a cig" e-cig... they only showed 10 seconds of the hour long interview I did with them, but this is the first local piece on e-cigs for our small 500,000 people locale.. and hopefully people were watching.

It aired today at 6:00 PM, and all I'm asking is for you to watch the video, tell me how horribly I did, and then POST COMMENTS and let them know that we are not few, and that stories that give at least positive consideration to e-cigs will get attention....

PureSmoker... I didn't realize they're main pic would be a close up shot of my Protege... but I guess it's free advertisement.....

Thanks!

jennlsnoopy

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com
Thanks for sharing this video. Great job!

I just can't beleive they are saying that it cost $150 for a kit. 8-o Seems a bit steep to me. Also talking about the "cool factor" for kids. I know if these were around when I was in highschool, I wouldn't have been caught dead with one. I think analogs are much "cooler" to kids that smoke than PVs.

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
They did misconstrue some things :-( What I SAID: These can be much cheaper than real cigarettes, I mean, you can get a kit for 30 or 40 bucks, or some companies rip you off and charge $150...

HE said: They cost $150....

Oh well, I think it put some positives out there that needed to be said, and the reporter talked to me for about 30 minutes off camera (along with the camera man); they were both "amazed" by these "e-cig things"

P.S. Both the reporter AND the cameraman have now visited ECF :)

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
You did a great job, very natural. And I hope you're right that we will win in the end.

WRDW-TV News 12 / On Your Side - Consumer help for Augusta, Georgia

I was interviewed today by our Augusta GA CBS Affiliate. They did a "neutral" piece (not a horrible job of it... a little more of neg than pos), and I did my best to inform them and not use the stereotypical "looks just like a cig" e-cig... they only showed 10 seconds of the hour long interview I did with them, but this is the first local piece on e-cigs for our small 500,000 people locale.. and hopefully people were watching.

It aired today at 6:00 PM, and all I'm asking is for you to watch the video, tell me how horribly I did, and then POST COMMENTS and let them know that we are not few, and that stories that give at least positive consideration to e-cigs will get attention....

PureSmoker... I didn't realize they're main pic would be a close up shot of my Protege... but I guess it's free advertisement.....

Thanks!

MissVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Vapin Hot Florida
OMG. that pisses me off..they cut out all your positive things Im sure..

and THAN they have to bring up that ONE lab result that said they ALL contain chemicals from antifreeze..which is a lie.. I mean what about the lab tests ran by Ecopure that didn't show any of those ingredients..

Than the DR makes a statement "They are dangerous!" "But we need to do more tests to know" Well, if you need more tests, than why did you just make a statement like its a fact if you don't know?

Than the newscasters at the end said "Well, it still produces smoke" and "smells like smoke" omg..what ......!

MissVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Vapin Hot Florida
They did misconstrue some things :-( What I SAID: These can be much cheaper than real cigarettes, I mean, you can get a kit for 30 or 40 bucks, or some companies rip you off and charge $150...

HE said: They cost $150....

Oh well, I think it put some positives out there that needed to be said, and the reporter talked to me for about 30 minutes off camera (along with the camera man); they were both "amazed" by these "e-cig things"

P.S. Both the reporter AND the cameraman have now visited ECF :)

Yeah, that made me mad too.."Oh they cost $150, they are more expensive than cigarettes" yeah, lets detour all the smokers out there in anyway we can by telling lies..geez

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
awesome! i made sure to post. i think it is rediculous that they say it has the same chemicals as antifreeze. antifreeze has ethylene glycol, and e-cigs have propylene glycol. ive seen several news programs make this claim. spread the word that its not true!

Yeah, I really really wish they would quit using that example. It's like saying bottled water companies are using the same ingredients found in sewage.

That Doctor is a fine example of how the opposition is basing their fight on emotion rather than logic. "Safer than cigarettes but Im not going to say it's safe"

Neither is my double espresso every morning, but just try and ban alternative forms of coffee.

jfh8553

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2009
Daytona Beach, Florida, USA
It absolutely galls me that they keep bringing up the anti-freeze thing. It is true that PG is found in anti-freeze - THE NON-TOXIC ANIMAL SAFE ANTI-FREEZE (suitable for animal consumption should it spill into the environment accidentally) - not the lethal version. I wish someone could get that info to the BIG league media!!!!:evil:

epluribus_vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Well I thought the OP did a great job. The news guys dont have a clue, 150 for a kit. I have two for less than that. 7 dollars to refill where do these clowns buy their juice. Costs more than cigs? well I guess it can if you want a bunch of different models and mods but it can cost way less than smoking.

Last edited:

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
It absolutely galls me that they keep bringing up the anti-freeze thing. It is true that PG is found in anti-freeze - THE NON-TOXIC ANIMAL SAFE ANTI-FREEZE (suitable for animal consumption should it spill into the environment accidentally) - not the lethal version. I wish someone could get that info to the BIG league media!!!!:evil:

PG is also in many foods and food flavorings look at the ingrediants of Loranns.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I thought you came off great -- well spoken and rational.

I suppose Dr. Heath was right that they are dangerous in the sense that inhaling anything other than pure, unpolluted air is dangerous. But, as she also said, they're less dangerous than cigarettes (and I don't know where to find unpolluted air to breathe, anyway.)

The only people I've met who think a PV looks cool are the ones who are trying to quit smoking. They come over and ask all about it. The others could care less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread