Please wish Eric a very happy retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordDavon

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Florida
www.discountvapers.com
As many of you already know, I've part of DiscountVapers.com for a while, after joining DV in 2014. Eric and I have became partnered in DV, with him slowly taking less and less of a role. As of 10/30/2019, Eric Gormly has decided to retire and I will be the sole owner of DiscountVapers. Not much will change at first. Although I do want to do more sales, bring in more coils... more on that later.

As Eric has been part of this community since 2011, I know he has many friends here. I'd love for everyone to write something for him. I hope that he will stay a part of this community and even become more active. As much fun as he has always had here, there was always a mix of work involved. Now, he can get back to all the fun!

Please wish Eric a happy retirement and good fortune on his next endeavor, if he takes one.

Update: Please feel free to post the well wishing here. I'm actually going to print these for the wife to scrapbook and send to him. :)

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
Eric, you'll always hold a special 'ecf' place in my heart. Coming from a locale I knew and now passing the torch to a locale I know now is kinda coolio. You've put up with my silliness with a warm embrace from the get go. Answered questions I had and helped me thru many a times. I am grateful to have 'met' you thru my vaping experience and proud to call you a friend. With the conversations we've had in the past and love shared for family and friends my life has been brightened by this all. Your sense of humor and uncontested will to allow the 'cyber' energy of many a person here is above and beyond. Your caring for the people who came to you in their time of need has always been honorable Mr Gormlys :wub:.
To your wife and sons I send 'cyber' hugs. I still have some of the little trinkets your sons placed inside my orders for an extra surprise, little treasures :D.
As far as this 'retirement' goes I wish you the best of the best in whatever you do, challenges to succeed at or pleasures to enjoy my friend. Eternal Happy Birthdays every Sept. 4th to ya :bday: in case I don't get the chance to express personally in the future.
Thank you for the positive impact you have placed upon my life Eric.
Loves you,
6r9wlu2

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
February 15th, 2012, 5:46pm (ET). And so it began...

Hi Eric,

I stumbled upon you just today and am looking forward to doing some business with you in the future. I'm down in Stamford and like the idea of supporting a small & growing business in our state. I wish I'd found you sooner but, based on my expenditures over the past 93.91 days, I think there will be plenty of future orders.

Best wishes & regards,
Dave

>

The time and energy you put into this brand spanking new vaper, I still can't believe. I honestly feel that I'd have quit vaping had I not made the connection with you. I will go to my grave knowing your name, and I know that I'm just in a long line of folks who feel the same way.

Whatever your intentions were when you began the journey (over and above just getting some DAYUM replacement parts for your Go-Go, LOL), know that you touched many lives in ways you might not have expected. I can't possibly thank you enough for giving me SO MUCH (time, energy, knowledge, interest, and even friendship). Notice that I didn't even mention the Dolphins, who don't deserve to occupy the same space as you this significant day. ;):cool:

Wherever life is taking you now/next, I do hope you're getting a chance to drink it all in, and reflect on everything. You've certainly earned that much and more.

I also hope that maybe you'll come around some. We still find laughter in this place, believe it or not. Sometimes we have to work at it, but it's still there. Until that stops, we won't either. Maybe, just maybe, you'll pop in for a giggle or three.

I'm thrilled to see that LD is keeping DV alive, and will be doing everything in my power to help support that. I know my kids are still with you (different surnames now), and DV is still the first place I look when I am looking for something. I may just "decide" that I need more "STUFF!", just because...

It also feels SO right that it's in his capable hands. The clear and obvious friendship you two forged so long ago (I still remember his review videos with a smile) has served this world well. VERY well. Here's to partnerships >

:toast: :thumbs:

Finally, and quite appropriately, a laugh at my own expense. My reference of "93.91" days (in that first email to you). That was "a few" ago, it appears, and yes, I'm STILL tracking... :lol:

(2,816.01 days ago, for those playing along) :rolleyes:

upload_2019-11-1_18-0-18.png

Godspeed and good fortunes to you and your family, Eric, and feel free to drop a note ANYTIME. Once again, THANK YOU for helping me become a vaper, in every sense.

:vapor:

Sincerely,
Dave

kyaku

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2011
Central KY
Hey, you're too young to retire! Or maybe it's that same picture that you've been using for the last 7 years. LOL Anyway I wanted to thank you for carrying GoGos! That was the set up that finally got me off of my cigarette habit. I'm still on the hunt for a simple and easy setup ... which is still hard to find. Looking at your batteries has led me back to ECF only to find out that you're retiring. Hope you have a long and happy retirement!

• Agree
Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh the years that have passed! Congratulations, sir! I remember assisting in your efforts to educate people on e-cigs way back when. I still have cards from orders from DV year one! Here's to you and your contribution to so many people's improved health! :toast:

Back when everything was Go-Go, LD was making vids, and DV had juice!!! :thumbs: :vapor:

I miss the days.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Congratulations and Good luck! You will always have a place in my heart, without DV I wouldn't have my Bobo!

And Ocelot without Bobo is like breakfast without orange juice. *

* Old folks will remember the commercial

• Love
Reactions: The Ocelot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread