Plz help...Desperately Seeking Recipe ~ Marlboro-type Menthol or similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrendaE

Oct 21, 2012
Texas
I've failed repeatedly and hope someone can help!

I currently have the following tobacco-related flavors on hand but am willing to buy others if anyone suggests:
~(all are from TPA/TFA) "the apprentice"~

"tobacco"
"Red type"
"RY4 Asian"
"smooth" (for flavor balance, I think)
"menthol" drops

And, of course, the basics: nic / pg / vg

I'd like to know if anyone has had success coming up with an e-juice flavor that's close to a quality brand (i.e. marlboro menthol 100's) full-flavor/strength menthol cigarette ~

I'd like to know which specific tobacco flavor was used and at what percentage plus the amount of menthol (i.e. 1 drop per ml, etc.)

Anyone ever tried adding "smooth" to a tobacco blend? Does it make a difference?

If anyone has a better tobacco flavor to recommend, please do! If I'm missing anything, please pass that info along, too!
I'm trying to convert a smoker. ;)

Thanks to all!
Bren

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
And also, if I were to convert a smoker, I honestly might have them try those new Njoy Kings. Battery life sucks and they are expensive, but they are actually pretty good and replicate analogs very well. And if they like those, they can change from there (something bigger/better).
This is coming from someone who uses a GGTS and dual coil Ithaka.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
I have been trying to replicate a perfect menthol cig for my mother, I tell yah the task is tough. She complains not on the tobacco flavor but that the menthol does not taste like a menthol cig.

I make some for my Menthol Smoking Friend he smokes Camel Crush and the quest continues, but I'm close.

Drex

Aug 17, 2010
Titletown, WI
Hi..

I can't seem to find some of the flavorings you mentioned on TPA's website. What is "TA" and "EM"?

Thanks!
Drex

11% black honey tobacco-tpa, 6%TA blend-tpa, 4%EM-tpa, 3%Menthol-tpa. If you really want to blast your mouth go to 4 to 5% menthol. I mix at 50/50 pg/vg and 6mg/ml nic. Good Luck. Perfected for me, over 2 years.

Last edited:

FinallyQuit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2011
SC
TA is tobacco absolute. Em is ethyl maltol. TFA sells both suspended in PG, or you can buy em crystals and make the solution yourself.

The problem for me as a 20+ year Newport smoker is that menthol in vaping tastes like medicine not cigarettes. I have a few favorite plain tobacco and sweet tobacco recipes, but I still don't like menthol. Hangsen tobacco flavors rock, I haven't tried their menthol offerings, but I bet they would be the closest to the real thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread