Pods and saltnic, do you get more, less or stay ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Well I like to ask pod users… Do you minimize or lower Saltnic or stay on the same amount?
some people start on 06mg nic free base on regular vapes, then try to lower, some people reach 0mg other lowers to 03 from 06mg and so, on pods what do you do? Lower, stay or even get more and more?

I do started on 35MG, then ran out of salt, got a 28mg bottle and 30mg one, that’s where I am right now, using 30-28MG, 35Mg is to much for me, Im not able to enjoy pod vaping with more than 30mg, what about you?

PD: currently on VCT handcrafted Saltz, what a elixir fellas! Is amazing!

tdman77

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2019
New Orleans
For me it depends on which pod system I am using. My regular vape was a single coil RTA @ .3ohm using 6mg freebase. When I use my Orion DNA I'm at 18mg homemade NicSalt juice since it is not a true pod system. In my Geekvape Flint I run 25mg store bought NicSalt. And in my VooPoo VFL I use 40mg Milkman NicSalt. Some pod systems hit harder than others.

I had tried to cut back on my nicotine about 4months ago. Went from 6mg to 3mg in either a RDA or RTA at around 80watts. The only thing that happened is I ended up doubling how much I was vaping. So tried the pod thing for a while but quickly got tired of the very limited selection of salt ejuice availbale since most are 25-30 to 45-50mg. Started mixing my own juice using nicsalt and now I am holding steady at 18mg in the Orion and also in a Berserker MTL RTA.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Pods are still fairly new. I suspect the trend where possible will be very very slow reduction as it has been with all the other types of devices. A pod if you strip away the plastic bits, usually has practically the same components as an old cigalike. They’re merely a bit larger and higher tech. Via that model the devices that allow choice of liquid will see gradual reduction in nic, whereas the ones that don’t won’t.

• Agree
Reactions: P3ch3

Vicman

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2014
Chicago
I started at 24mg/18mg liquid with ego batteries and evods/protanks. Moved down to 6mg juice as my equipment got better. Was vaping a lot more juice as well. Switched to pods and upped my nic to 18mg regular nic and am happy. I would bet in all that time the amount of nicotine I was getting into my system was the same. The only difference was the lower the nic content, the more juice I went through.

I heard many people say that the body will tell you when you had enough nic to get the optional effects from said nic. Through experimenting with different nic levels over the past 5 years, I tend to believe that statement. I feel nicotine calms me down and helps me focus and has been a part of my life for the past 33 years. I have no desire to be rid of it completely at this moment. Maybe sometime in the future I might try to quit but for today, I'm okay with it.

As for nic salts, I just started experimenting with a few. I DIY my juice and wanted to try them to see if there was any reason to buy a liter of nicsalts. After a week of using a couple, I really don't know how I feel about them. I do notice a lack of throat hit with these (35mg nicsalts), but also notice I am satisfied from the hit. That kind of boggles the mind as I thought I liked throat hit. I could be due to them being new and me knowing the nic content which subconsciously tells me it is satisfying. It could be the nic getting into the system quicker. I guess to soon to say and more will be revealed later.

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
For me it depends on which pod system I am using. My regular vape was a single coil RTA @ .3ohm using 6mg freebase. When I use my Orion DNA I'm at 18mg homemade NicSalt juice since it is not a true pod system. In my Geekvape Flint I run 25mg store bought NicSalt. And in my VooPoo VFL I use 40mg Milkman NicSalt. Some pod systems hit harder than others.

I had tried to cut back on my nicotine about 4months ago. Went from 6mg to 3mg in either a RDA or RTA at around 80watts. The only thing that happened is I ended up doubling how much I was vaping. So tried the pod thing for a while but quickly got tired of the very limited selection of salt ejuice availbale since most are 25-30 to 45-50mg. Started mixing my own juice using nicsalt and now I am holding steady at 18mg in the Orion and also in a Berserker MTL RTA.
gonna start using nicsalt on ammit mtl, got 1.2ohm coils, will be starting with 37mg local liquid i want to finish, then will try another options i have, i have seen a bit interesting that flint kit, but im afraid there is no RBA head for that kit, will be married to factory coils, thats the point i hate about it, but im pretty happy with ammit mtl rta,

i have noticed that i like a way more the hit from my drop, with low nic, but the tesla needs that extra nic, so im currently using 28MG on drop, 30mg on tesla and with my rolo badge... uhm... with this babe, the flavor is amazing, i just realized that i like this pod's flava, thats it,

Depends on the coil resistance/vapor output. Smaller devices need high nic because they have higher resistance coils and small batteries. Conversely I can run 0.6ohm coils in the Aspire Breeze and use lower strength juice.
gotta check that pod, i used nord kit, with the 0.6ohm coils was like vaping, no mtl experience at all, dislike it and sold that pod.

I started at 24mg/18mg liquid with ego batteries and evods/protanks. Moved down to 6mg juice as my equipment got better. Was vaping a lot more juice as well. Switched to pods and upped my nic to 18mg regular nic and am happy. I would bet in all that time the amount of nicotine I was getting into my system was the same. The only difference was the lower the nic content, the more juice I went through.

I heard many people say that the body will tell you when you had enough nic to get the optional effects from said nic. Through experimenting with different nic levels over the past 5 years, I tend to believe that statement. I feel nicotine calms me down and helps me focus and has been a part of my life for the past 33 years. I have no desire to be rid of it completely at this moment. Maybe sometime in the future I might try to quit but for today, I'm okay with it.

As for nic salts, I just started experimenting with a few. I DIY my juice and wanted to try them to see if there was any reason to buy a liter of nicsalts. After a week of using a couple, I really don't know how I feel about them. I do notice a lack of throat hit with these (35mg nicsalts), but also notice I am satisfied from the hit. That kind of boggles the mind as I thought I liked throat hit. I could be due to them being new and me knowing the nic content which subconsciously tells me it is satisfying. It could be the nic getting into the system quicker. I guess to soon to say and more will be revealed later.
im enjoining my break from homemade liquids, have been making nicless juices for 3 years, got back using nic ones, maybe when get back to my place for making'em will try nicsalt ones!

Regards,

Reactions: Vicman

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Well, to keep me from smoking, I use 45-50mg salt in my pod mods, including some stick mods and other pod mods like the Nautilus AIO. When I'm vaping for flavor and vapor, I use 6mg eliquid with my RDAs and squonkers for the hand-to-mouth action though it doesn't seem to help with my cravings for a cigarette - even if I chain vape.

I suspect that each individual is unique, and this works for me.

Reactions: bombastinator

EverythingEvil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Grand Junction, Co
I use 25mg salts in my lost vape orion, for me it provides the perfect amount of nicotine. The orion however is a fairly high output device, not crazy by today's standards but the power output is pretty different from the pods I started with.

When I first started using pod systems I used a juul and then went quickly to a sourin drop and 50mg juice. I still use 40-50mg juice in my sourin drop, and I feel like the nicotine delivery is roughly the same as the orion with 25mg.

So to answer your question, my juice consumption has increased a little with the addition of new equipment and the mg/ml ratio has decreased but I'm still taking in around the same amount of nicotine.

My experience has been that once the newness of vaping wears off you tend to find a comfortable nic intake level and you stick with it. Give me 3mg in a sub ohm set up or 50mg in a drop and my nic intake will be the same +/- 5-10mg.

Reactions: tdman77

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
Well, to keep me from smoking, I use 45-50mg salt in my pod mods, including some stick mods and other pod mods like the Nautilus AIO. When I'm vaping for flavor and vapor, I use 6mg eliquid with my RDAs and squonkers for the hand-to-mouth action though it doesn't seem to help with my cravings for a cigarette - even if I chain vape.

I suspect that each individual is unique, and this works for me.
totally in the point, i do walk around all day with at least 1 pod (own 4) and try to hit it as soon as the idea of a cigarette comes back, the i use RTA's 03mg juice on them, another thing that had helped me a lot is the alternative of different salts on pods, different flavors, this expands the satisfaction and takes out even more the need or anxiety about smoking,

not sure abt pods, but i'm from 12 mg (normal vape) + hybrids (smoke), till i vape my first salt nic (30mg) on icare 2.
Six month later, completely stop smoking, now vaping with 1-2 mg juice, my 30mg nic salt till have half bottle left over.
Salt nics liquids last so much, i still have my 1st bottle with a leftover, is 45mg, sometimes i use a used pod head for my rolo badge and get some hard hits! lol

I use 25mg salts in my lost vape orion, for me it provides the perfect amount of nicotine. The orion however is a fairly high output device, not crazy by today's standards but the power output is pretty different from the pods I started with.

When I first started using pod systems I used a juul and then went quickly to a sourin drop and 50mg juice. I still use 40-50mg juice in my sourin drop, and I feel like the nicotine delivery is roughly the same as the orion with 25mg.
So to answer your question, my juice consumption has increased a little with the addition of new equipment and the mg/ml ratio has decreased but I'm still taking in around the same amount of nicotine.

My experience has been that once the newness of vaping wears off you tend to find a comfortable nic intake level and you stick with it. Give me 3mg in a sub ohm set up or 50mg in a drop and my nic intake will be the same +/- 5-10mg.
i tried to use salt nic juices on my Ammit RTA mtl, 1.32ohm coil and 12W, cant stand there dude, just to much for me, so switched back to 6mg free base nic on that RTA but keep going on pods, i guess i did lowered salt nic concentration, cuz started in 35/45 mg and now im quite happy sat on 30/28mg for most pods, as stated before sometimes i do recall some hard hits from the 1st salt nic juice i got, them move back to sweet VCT saltz,

Guess we are in a similar channel lad, thats amazing,also i did tried a bit of nic salts, 03ml 35mg with 03ml eliquid base nic-less 70/30 ration, to try, hits hard, guess i gotta get back to lab and make another bottle!

Regards,

Reactions: gpjoe

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
totally in the point, i do walk around all day with at least 1 pod (own 4) and try to hit it as soon as the idea of a cigarette comes back, the i use RTA's 03mg juice on them, another thing that had helped me a lot is the alternative of different salts on pods, different flavors, this expands the satisfaction and takes out even more the need or anxiety about smoking,

Salt nics liquids last so much, i still have my 1st bottle with a leftover, is 45mg, sometimes i use a used pod head for my rolo badge and get some hard hits! lol

i tried to use salt nic juices on my Ammit RTA mtl, 1.32ohm coil and 12W, cant stand there dude, just to much for me, so switched back to 6mg free base nic on that RTA but keep going on pods, i guess i did lowered salt nic concentration, cuz started in 35/45 mg and now im quite happy sat on 30/28mg for most pods, as stated before sometimes i do recall some hard hits from the 1st salt nic juice i got, them move back to sweet VCT saltz,

Guess we are in a similar channel lad, thats amazing,also i did tried a bit of nic salts, 03ml 35mg with 03ml eliquid base nic-less 70/30 ration, to try, hits hard, guess i gotta get back to lab and make another bottle!

Regards,
try dropping to lower nic, u might not feel different ..... that how i vape 1-2 mg juice now. urge for analog is long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread