Poisonings From E-Cigarette Liquid Up Sharply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I think your 'explanation' is a definition. ;) And it isn't just the media. You see the same comments being made by the notables - Glantz, et. al. - it's fear mongering.

Yes, fear sells. I wouldn't suggest that everyone in the media is involved in a grand conspiracy to sour the public on nicotine; they're just eager dupes. Insinuating that your child may be subject to a new and dire threat is a great way to get you to sit through the next commercial break. Promoting a dispassionate and balanced evaluation of the data, on the other hand?

"Screw it; I'mma watch the game instead."

Tealady12

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
St Paul, MN
I just want to point out that the article about the calls to poison control was because a bill is being debated here in Minnesota and one of the senators is using the "sharp increase" in poisonings as an arguing point. The article was a plant. The exact number of call was 74. 50 of which were inquiries/questions about nicotine that no poisoning was concluded. The number had been broken down further to the point that only 1 child actually needed medical attention. When this is put into perspective, It does not mean squat, but is was the hype from which senator Kathy Sheran was trying to make her points with.

Here is a link:
Poison Control Calls - The Real Facts | Minnesota Vapers AdvocacyMinnesota Vapers Advocacy

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
"Besides, the Red Chinese government takes a dim and harsh view of bad QC. Remember, they actually executed some of the people responsible for lead-laced toys and such. That's playing for keeps."

I just find it hard to trust anything coming from China when there are still hazardous toys out there being recalled. I wasn't even going to come back to this post until our local paper published another toy recall this week, from China due to being a danger to children. I also make sure all dog treats I buy are made in the USA. Many dog treats from China have sickened and killed dogs. Their QC is still too lax IMO.

By the way, has anyone noticed that by today, it has been twisted from ecigs using possibly dangerous fluid to ecigs using highly concentrated nicotine juice?

*As in...we are filling our wares with pure nicotine*

Y'know what? When you're using maple syrup on your pancakes? You're eating wood. The argument makes approximately the same level of sense as the stuff I'm seeing in the news the last few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread