positive/negative response to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
In the last month or so of vaping, I dont think I have had one negative response. My family and friends are happy (my Dad even asked me to get him a set up so I did), have got a few people who work in the same building as me interested, and even yesterday while vaping at a bar 2 of the people who work there and a friend of a friend asked me where the B&M was where I got my set up so they could go there this weekend. (I also gave them this website for help).

All in all, it's been a positive response. :thumbs:

Oh.. and im feeling pretty positive about switching to vaping too :D

How about you all, has the response you have received to your vaping been mostly positive or negative?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nearly all positive responses.

A couple of co-workers were at first complimentary of my acheivements in quitting, but then they asked when are you going to quit vaping? :blink: I'm like, "ummm, that was never in the plan." But you're still using nicotine, right? "Yeah, what's wrong with that? It's a stimulent just like caffeine. I'm probably consuming less nicotine than you are caffeine in a day's time." That shuts them up. :D

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Nearly all positive responses.

A couple of co-workers were at first complimentary of my acheivements in quitting, but then they asked when are you going to quit vaping? :blink: I'm like, "ummm, that was never in the plan." But you're still using nicotine, right? "Yeah, what's wrong with that? It's a stimulent just like caffeine. I'm probably consuming less nicotine than you are caffeine in a day's time." That shuts them up. :D

I did get that from one of my co-workers this week. 'So when are you going to quit vaping?' I was like, cut me some slack- i just quit smoking! Geez. Told him i may or may not quit vaping, but it is 100 percent less harmful than smoking.

PinoyBoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2013
WA State, USA
My family is against my vaping. They didn't even know until a few weeks ago that I've been smoking since my mid teenage years. My mom found my syringe that I use for refilling my carts, and then I told her about my smoking and vaping history. She's a nurse, so she is pretty much against any inhaling of any kind unless it is for medical reasons. I know that vaping is 100 times healthier than smoking, but since ecigs are so new, we don't have decades of research to back it up (yet).

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
I vape at work and so far 4 smoking co-workers have become interested enough to try it out. I've lent out some of my gear and even bought two of them this little tester kit. Those who don't smoke say they enjoy the smell. I was vaping my favorite the other day, CinnABun and one guy turns around with a big smile and said it smells like a cafe in here :)

No negative reactions so far at all.

razor4432

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Wisconsin
My parents are happy I've quit as well as the people at work who knew I smoked and switched to vaping. My parents gave me the "When are you going to quit using that thingy" crap as well.

Nice to see it sounds like things are getting better for ya! Read your post a little while back about struggling with the smokes still, time just has to do it's thing.

stefania123

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
Los Angeles
Nice to see it sounds like things are getting better for ya! Read your post a little while back about struggling with the smokes still, time just has to do it's thing.

Thanks :) Yeah.. other than that one night where I slipped up and a few other days being really trying.. I am definitely happy with the switch :) and it does get easier with time :) Was around smokers yesterday, and I didnt even want one.

zyglrox

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2013
Florida
Reactions have largely been positive for me. None of my smoker friends have made the switch and some of them joke about it, but we make fun of each other all of the time, so that's whatever. I'm honestly worse on them than they are on me. My parents are happy about it. They're ex-smokers of over 30 years, but see e-cigs as the future and just find them fascinating.

Most smokers just ask me how long I've been vaping, if it is really working for me, and how I'm feeling since making the switch.

I've had a couple of smokers tell me that I haven't really quit. I just tell them to put out that cigarette right here and now and stomp their pack. Should be easy for them, right? I mean, since they clearly know so much about willpower and all... ^_^ With the jokers who insist upon it being the real thing or nothing, a fun thing that I like to do is challenge them to races and breath holding contests. I like to run in place when we do the latter.

Last edited:

evgeny131

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
Los Angeles
ok...everyone i talk to thinks its better- but see it for what it is- a smoking substitute....now lets be realistic, your average person sees you with you double coil atty on the street billowing plumes of VAPOR, he/she says, "oh that person is smoking" thats why they banned it campus wide at UCLA along with cigarettes,
personally, I never cared for what people thought, but i also have a hard time convincing myself im not "smoking" vg/pg water flav. nic vapor....
????????????????????????????????

mommyofdoom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
Orlando, Florida
So far, my kids and husband have been supportive.

My grandmother and my mom-in-law keep asking when I'm going to quit vaping. My grandmother says I haven't really quit as long as I've got "that pacifier of yours".

Out in public, it's mainly been positive. I haven't had anyone give me a hard time.

dherrington

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Houston, TX
I have gotten nothing but positive responses except from one person. First, he complained he was allergic to the vaper. Then he complained about the hissing noise from my tank even though I am at least 30 feet away. I am hoping his complaints don't nix my ability to vape at my desk at work. My bosd and HR department have been very supportive.

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
Overall, I've had positive responses, especially from family. The only negative response I've received is from an ex-smoker who "quit cold turkey". Doesn't bother me though, I kind of figure when someone feels they need to lecture someone else, they must be feeling pretty small inside. I figure that I've helped a lot more people who needed to quit analogs by sharing vaping with them than him going around lecturing others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread