• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Possible legal ramifications for Canadian retailers selling nic based juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Posted on the ECTA website Friday February, 22 2013

With the limited availability of VK Consulting to assist with ECTA's forward progress, at their recommendation and to keep things moving forward for us here in Canada, ECTA is pleased to announce that we have acquired the assistance of Paul Bergen.

Many of you are probably familiar with Paul's work over the years but here is a quick blurb to give you an idea if you do not know of him.

Paul L. Bergen (MSc., M.L.I.S.) has been active in tobacco harm reduction since 2005. Joining with Carl Phillips at the University of Alberta School for Public Health he participated in creating tobaccoharmreduction.org, one of the leading resources in the field. At the same time, he began contributing to and still contributes to one of the major thr blogs tobacco Harm Reduction News & Opinions. He also presented at the International Harm Reduction Association conferences 2007 through 2011, and co-edited and contributed to tobacco Harm Reduction 2010: a yearbook of research and analysis. Since that time he has conducted interviews with the leading researchers and activists in the field. His area of focus has been on cataloging and correcting misinformation in regards to nicotine use and health.

There are also 7 members of ECTA - not 6.

Sounds to me while they may have stalled a little, there IS now forward momentum again.

I can't see why someone like Paul Bergen would join a "crumbling" group who won't be around in a year. Just saying......

longtimesmok

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
montreal
Well that's not good to hear....do you have any details on who was in and now left?
Johnnytwofingers, from what i heard they start with 10, the first two that left, left due to zero progress and meetings that were simply gossip feast's about other vendor and they said they did not believe that was what it should be, they were to have had shares for what they paid in but turns out the ECTA robbed both of these vendor blind for a few thousand. The most recent i know that left is rainbowvapor.com and now also nicfitnation.com has left for same reason apparently ( here through grapevine so you would need to ask nicftnation direct) and lost much more money, despite what is showing on the website. they are most likely keping his logo up for fear people will now notice them falling apart. from what i was told they basically scammed the vendors into thinking they had share in something then when the vendor want out becuase it is just worth nothing the keep their money. sad sad group that I am sure will meet the maker for doing such thing.I never liked this group from the time they start, always close door and when i here what they actualy talk about in their meetings, it make me very angry, would never support this group/association.

johnnytwofingers

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Johnnytwofingers, from what i heard they start with 10, the first two that left, left due to zero progress and meetings that were simply gossip feast's about other vendor and they said they did not believe that was what it should be, they were to have had shares for what they paid in but turns out the ECTA robbed both of these vendor blind for a few thousand. The most recent i know that left is rainbowvapor.com and now also nicfitnation.com has left for same reason apparently ( here through grapevine so you would need to ask nicftnation direct) and lost much more money, despite what is showing on the website. they are most likely keping his logo up for fear people will now notice them falling apart. from what i was told they basically scammed the vendors into thinking they had share in something then when the vendor want out becuase it is just worth nothing the keep their money. sad sad group that I am sure will meet the maker for doing such thing.I never liked this group from the time they start, always close door and when i here what they actualy talk about in their meetings, it make me very angry, would never support this group/association.

RainbowVapor leaving would be a fairly big deal....you're 100% sure of that?

longtimesmok

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
montreal
RainbowVapor leaving would be a fairly big deal....you're 100% sure of that?
oui, 100%. rainbowvapor ran away from them begining of january. now the 4th one to leave is another great vendor nicfitnation( from what i was told) they are dropin like fly, only a matter of time before they are down to zero, probably best that way, there are better and more reputable association out there and sure to be more, this ecta seems like it was nothing more than a scam to take vendor money for its own personal gain, just my opinion.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
Well, rather than rely on innuendo and rumor, I have contacted a member of ECTA directly.

If you want to know more about the ECTA and what they do or do not do, inform yourself by going to the source.

Relying on what someone else has "heard" just perpetuates rumors that may or may not have any basis on facts.

Last edited:

longtimesmok

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
montreal
Well, rather than rely on innuendo and rumor, I have contacted a member of ECTA directly.If you want to know more about the ECTA and what they do or do not do, inform yourself by going to the source. Relying on what someone else has "heard" just perpetuates rumors that may or may not have any basis on facts.
you right, so i did contact directly and it is 100% they are now only 6 left. no rumor or innuendo just fact. this show if the people that started this association are leaving it and getting screwed out of the money they put in that the association is not trustworthy. my suggestion, follow other better groups, this ECTA is has fallen apart and has left bad blood along the way not to mention lack of support due to shady ongoings.

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
The various levels of Gov'ts collect upwards of 18 billion annually which makes up a very substantial part of their revenue. Legal or not, they will defend that to the bitter end even if they enforce regulations that aren't legal. It's never about health, always about money. Harassment, esp. in terms of complicating/denying permits and licenses is the tool when legalities and regulations are not in their favour.

King John edicts are well and alive.

Since I started vaping, they are out well over $800 on taxes from me. And there are many more. By year-end it will be close to $2,500.

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Ecigs and nic will never be banned,it will just be regulated and sold at higher prices,its impossible too ban nic juice cause they will have too ban tobacco and we all know tobacco wont be banned in this life time.Th ecrazy thing is,BT is ''losing'' cash right now becaus eof ecig sales...BUT.......they have so muchcash already, they cant spend in all,even if they tried.Greed is good,...Gordon Gekko.

Last edited:
IMHO I believe it all comes down to money.. The government will lose countless of dollars of revenue by allowing the sales of Nic based e-juice.. All the help stop smoking products they have allowed pretty much dont work and if they do its a small percent.. Tobacco companies will lose billions from the people who decide to take our route.. As well as all the billions of dollars that go towards medical.. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that vaping is the best solution for the people who smoke that want to quit the cancer causing habit.. Maybe someone is being paid off to not allow it.. But it just comes down to the billions of dollars to be lost..

I may be wrong.. But.. To me this makes sense..

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Ecigs and nic will never be banned,it will just be regulated and sold at higher prices,its impossible too ban nic juice cause they will have too ban tobacco and we all know tobacco wont be banned in this life time.Th ecrazy thing is,BT is ''losing'' cash right now becaus eof ecig sales...BUT.......they have so muchcash already, they cant spend in all,even if they tried.Greed is good,...Gordon Gekko.

They well try to ban Flavored nic, which we can buy legally various other ways, and vendors well sell flavors on the side is what im thinking.

BT won't lose any cash since they now own most of the cigalike brands.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
IMHO I believe it all comes down to money.. The government will lose countless of dollars of revenue by allowing the sales of Nic based e-juice.. All the help stop smoking products they have allowed pretty much dont work and if they do its a small percent.. Tobacco companies will lose billions from the people who decide to take our route.. As well as all the billions of dollars that go towards medical.. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that vaping is the best solution for the people who smoke that want to quit the cancer causing habit.. Maybe someone is being paid off to not allow it.. But it just comes down to the billions of dollars to be lost..

I may be wrong.. But.. To me this makes sense..

Its my belief that once taxed our government well make tons of cash off eLiquid sales, what I've noticed is most Vapers well Vape for the rest of their days, ergo tax income.

Vapeing is an alternative not a quit aid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread