Possibly DoA batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virginia Kay

Aug 23, 2010
Anywhere, USA
I ordered a couple of the lavender auto short batteries I've been so excited about the day after I bought my manual kit, I was pleasantly surprised that I got them today, I didn't think they'd be here until at least Monday.

I had to run a bunch of errands so I haven't been able to break them out of the pack until just a little while ago. I let them charge up while I was catching up on some reading, I was all excited when they were done, so I immediately screwed on a carto and went to take a nice long deep inhale.... and nothing. The little LED came on, but no vapor at all what so ever. I switched cartos thinking that may have been the issue but, nope still no vapor.

I double checked my cartos on my manual battery, and they worked just fine. So I switched to the second shorty battery, same thing. The LED came on but no vapor, I sucked on that thing until I thought a blood vessel might burst, but nothing.

I wanted to post something here first to ask if there's anything I could try or maybe I'm overlooking? It just seems odd that BOTH batteries aren't working. I'm really disappointed, they're gorgeous, but if they don't work, they don't do me any good.

EDIT: batteries weren't dead, they work beautifully, just needed a minor fix. If you're having a similar problem scroll down to see how to fix it, worked perfectly :)

Last edited:

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
You need something small enough to be able to put it between the round part of the battery connector (with a hole in it) and the side of the battery connector. Try
a straight pin, or something like a teeny tiny eyeglass screwdriver. Then just pry it up a little, evenly. Just a bit. When the carto is screwed on to the battery, those
connectors are supposed to meet. Sometimes they don't quite make the connection tight enough.

Virginia Kay

Aug 23, 2010
Anywhere, USA
Oh okay, that makes sense! When I screwed on the carto there seemed to be a tiny little gap there, even though there was no way I could screw it any father. Wasn't sure if it was supposed to be like that or not.. I wouldn't have thought to try that, didn't want to damage the battery and kill it for sure. Thanks :D

Edit: IT WORKED!! I'm so happy, thanks so much.:banana:

Last edited:

Virginia Kay

Aug 23, 2010
Anywhere, USA
You really shouldn't have a "gap" when you screw it on. Try screwing it on tighter. There are little cutouts at the bottom of the carts, where it connects to the battery. That is ok, they are supposed to be there. But the pieces shouldn't have a gap when screwed together. Maybe someone else can offer a suggestion.

I didn't actually see a gap, it just felt like there was some kind of gap between the carto and the screw end of the battery. Sorry about the mix up, but your tip payed off perfectly, feels and works fine. Thanks so much :D

TrashcanCandy

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2010
St. Rose, LA
www.facebook.com
I didn't actually see a gap, it just felt like there was some kind of gap between the carto and the screw end of the battery. Sorry about the mix up, but your tip payed off perfectly, feels and works fine. Thanks so much :D

If you ever do come across the problem of cartos not screwing on (not sure if it's still a problem with the newest ones or not), just use some fine grained sandpaper on the threads on the batteries until the carto will screw on.
And yeah, I have that same problem you were having with cartos not connecting to the battery. I use a safety pin, and it works every time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread