The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Possibly Leaking

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Jovah, Feb 8, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jovah

Jovah Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Hello
    I just bought a VOOPOO TOO and am using the UForce RTA that came with it. I am new to vaping. I find that after taking a hit my lips or the top of my mouth seems to taste like Ejuice. I have inspected my device and found that below the drip tip there seems to be liquid in the hole and if I take the drip tip off there is sometimes Ejuice below it. I am wondering if this is normal (I assume it may not be) and if it isn't I am wondering how I should go about fixing it?
    Thank you

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jovah

Jovah Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I believe it's more accurate to say it's spitting as it's coming out of the top of my tank into my mouthpiece

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Sounds like the base is flooded, take some papertowels, put them around the base airflow and blow down through the drip tip.
    Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jovah

Jovah Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I have tried that a few times but the problem persists and it seems that the liquid never stops coming when doing this. I blow through the drip tip while covering the air holes of the device and the juice just keeps coming out

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jovah

Jovah Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    My tank also seems to have a problem with it. there is an orange ring made of a silicon like material and it is coming off on one side

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    That's on oring, you should have a spare in the box.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Check the chimney to see if its screwed down tight with the top of the coil and then the coil to the base

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Jovah

Jovah Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    It seems to be down tight.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jovah

Jovah Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    I changed the coil and the problem persists

• Like Like x 1
  10. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    You said it's an RTA? Check your wicking, redo that not the coil...

If you've not wicked properly, you will experience flooding and spitting - those two together when you don't have enough wick.

Make sure that you've put enough wick through your coil so that its a snug fit but not so much that when you pull the wick through it causes your coil to move... there is a goldilocks place in there that takes a little practice to find...

Watch a couple build videos and see how they do the wicking on your particular rta. Just keep trying with it, wicking is more important than you realize.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    From looking at it it's not an RTA it takes a premade coil from the manufacturer. Not sure why they are calling it an RTA.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    That's insane. If i bought an RTA id darn sure expect to get one.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tonee N

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Exactly.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    I checked the English version of the Voopoo website (UFORCE – VOOPOO VAPE) and it is not referred to as an RTA. It is simply the Uforce. Of course there may be some translation problems, this is the descriptive text:

UFORCE which adopts the precise OCC coil head,has super strong energy like the light sword with force to highly analysis the e-liquid, thus making it freely goes with any mod and easily get smooth and aroma taste; Its upgraded venting system and triple balanced inhale system help you to be protected from mouth heating when you vape and awake the force.

To the OP: Are you using it within the suggested (or even 'Best') Wattage range?

• Like Like x 2
  15. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium
    I found this diagram on their site:

[​IMG]

Maybe that o-ring near the top is leaking? The orange bit that looks like two spots on either side of the drip tip in the picture.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Eskie

Eskie ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 6, 2016
    NY
    Light sword? Analysis the e-liquid? Awake the force? Are they paying star wars royalties on this thing?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Uh, if your O-rings are not seated correctly you will not create the necessary vacuum to vape the tank, regardless of what tank it IS. You need to replace that O-ring and check how all the others have seated when you reassemble it and start over. I don't think it's the coil. I don't even think it's the tank. Not until you replace that O-ring and then let us know if it's still flooding.

Replace it! Good luck! :)

Anna

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Jovah

Jovah Full Member

Feb 8, 2018
    Have replaced the O-ring but should have mentioned it

• Like Like x 2
  19. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Still leaking? Tried a coil from another box in case it was a bad box? If so, I might look at warrantying it, there is no reason for a drop-in coil tank to leak, and I have never experienced it. Although I know it happens, but one of the reasons people prefer drop-in coils is because they tend to be simple, more error free, and easy to manage.

If you want leaks, move to an RTA, I can almost guarantee a bit of leaking from time to time (although it gets better as one travels up the learning curve). But I'm going to suspect there is something wrong going on with your tank. What it is, I have no idea, but at this point, I'd say you've tried most of the solutions offered. Best of luck,

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  20. ppeeble

ppeeble Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    1) E liquid too runny - try a thicker (higher VG) liquid.
    2) Adjust your inhale, you may be flooding the coil by too strong a drag or vise versa
    3) Increase your wattage - you may not be vaporising all the liquid causing flooding
    4) Check all o rings are sealing
    5) It's a piece of cr*p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.