Possibly Leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovah

Feb 8, 2018
Hello
I just bought a VOOPOO TOO and am using the UForce RTA that came with it. I am new to vaping. I find that after taking a hit my lips or the top of my mouth seems to taste like ejuice. I have inspected my device and found that below the drip tip there seems to be liquid in the hole and if I take the drip tip off there is sometimes ejuice below it. I am wondering if this is normal (I assume it may not be) and if it isn't I am wondering how I should go about fixing it?
Thank you

Reactions: stols001

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I have tried that a few times but the problem persists and it seems that the liquid never stops coming when doing this. I blow through the drip tip while covering the air holes of the device and the juice just keeps coming out
Check the chimney to see if its screwed down tight with the top of the coil and then the coil to the base

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I changed the coil and the problem persists

You said it's an RTA? Check your wicking, redo that not the coil...

If you've not wicked properly, you will experience flooding and spitting - those two together when you don't have enough wick.

Make sure that you've put enough wick through your coil so that its a snug fit but not so much that when you pull the wick through it causes your coil to move... there is a goldilocks place in there that takes a little practice to find...

Watch a couple build videos and see how they do the wicking on your particular rta. Just keep trying with it, wicking is more important than you realize.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
You said it's an RTA? Check your wicking, redo that not the coil...

If you've not wicked properly, you will experience flooding and spitting - those two together when you don't have enough wick.

Make sure that you've put enough wick through your coil so that its a snug fit but not so much that when you pull the wick through it causes your coil to move... there is a goldilocks place in there that takes a little practice to find...

Watch a couple build videos and see how they do the wicking on your particular rta. Just keep trying with it, wicking is more important than you realize.
From looking at it it's not an RTA it takes a premade coil from the manufacturer. Not sure why they are calling it an RTA.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
From looking at it it's not an RTA it takes a premade coil from the manufacturer. Not sure why they are calling it an RTA.

That's insane. If i bought an RTA id darn sure expect to get one.

Last edited:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
That's insane. If i bought an RTA id darn sure expect to get one.
Exactly.

bfdb0a2b767f53fe44939f040a3773b0.jpg

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I checked the English version of the Voopoo website (UFORCE – VOOPOO VAPE) and it is not referred to as an RTA. It is simply the Uforce. Of course there may be some translation problems, this is the descriptive text:

UFORCE which adopts the precise OCC coil head,has super strong energy like the light sword with force to highly analysis the e-liquid, thus making it freely goes with any mod and easily get smooth and aroma taste; Its upgraded venting system and triple balanced inhale system help you to be protected from mouth heating when you vape and awake the force.

To the OP: Are you using it within the suggested (or even 'Best') Wattage range?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I checked the English version of the Voopoo website (UFORCE – VOOPOO VAPE) and it is not referred to as an RTA. It is simply the Uforce. Of course there may be some translation problems, this is the descriptive text:

UFORCE which adopts the precise OCC coil head,has super strong energy like the light sword with force to highly analysis the e-liquid, thus making it freely goes with any mod and easily get smooth and aroma taste; Its upgraded venting system and triple balanced inhale system help you to be protected from mouth heating when you vape and awake the force.

To the OP: Are you using it within the suggested (or even 'Best') Wattage range?

Light sword? Analysis the e-liquid? Awake the force? Are they paying star wars royalties on this thing?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Uh, if your O-rings are not seated correctly you will not create the necessary vacuum to vape the tank, regardless of what tank it IS. You need to replace that O-ring and check how all the others have seated when you reassemble it and start over. I don't think it's the coil. I don't even think it's the tank. Not until you replace that O-ring and then let us know if it's still flooding.

Replace it! Good luck! :)

Anna

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Still leaking? Tried a coil from another box in case it was a bad box? If so, I might look at warrantying it, there is no reason for a drop-in coil tank to leak, and I have never experienced it. Although I know it happens, but one of the reasons people prefer drop-in coils is because they tend to be simple, more error free, and easy to manage.

If you want leaks, move to an RTA, I can almost guarantee a bit of leaking from time to time (although it gets better as one travels up the learning curve). But I'm going to suspect there is something wrong going on with your tank. What it is, I have no idea, but at this point, I'd say you've tried most of the solutions offered. Best of luck,

Anna

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
1) E liquid too runny - try a thicker (higher VG) liquid.
2) Adjust your inhale, you may be flooding the coil by too strong a drag or vise versa
3) Increase your wattage - you may not be vaporising all the liquid causing flooding
4) Check all o rings are sealing
5) It's a piece of cr*p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread