Power mode or temp control? What's your preference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Both has their advantages and disadvantages. Wattage mode I can build whatever coil I like and it will always work without much problems. But since I am a chain vaper, who likes high wattages, I will often get dry hits when vaping too much.

In tc mode I don't have to worry about dry hits and my wick burning, but I could only get tc to work perfectly with Ni200, so that means thin spaced wire only. Trying to use ss in tc mode has been a big hassle to get working properly and even when it's working properly their are still problems. Also with the DNA200 and UD ss wire, tc mode only works with spaced high ohm builds. So I'm still stuck with thin spaced wire.

SS was suppost to be the holy grail for me, being able to use both tc and wattage mode, but that has not been the case I found. Your only able to do tc with ss on certain builds and then I might as well use Ni200.

If I had to choose I would go with tc and Ni200, as my best vapes are with tc. I often switch back and forth though. I actually bought a second deck for my Aromamizer Supreme, One for tc and one for wattage.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
tBIjuo0.jpg

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
Power mode.

Temp controll, is ALWAYS different variant of manufacture and coding.

After receiving my nugget mod(first tc device) I played around with tc and went up to the city to a vape shop. The manager was reluctant to let me "test some mods", but did anyways. Come to find, what I thought, was correct....
4 different mods, all 4 set to nickel mode and 420*f. Swapped the tank over/between mods to try them, and none of them were "similar" in heat when it came down to it... one mod in particular was way off and I asked the manager to see a second unit (both behaved the same)

"Power" mode. - I chose my mods specifically to run them in "power" mode.

Note: "power" mode for me is VV or unregulated. I don't have mods that run STRICTLY VW or tc only.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Yea, for that Over the top, To hot Vapw that gives that just right Kick to the Throat as it slightly starts to singe things...........Kanthal can't be beat.

Even in a Good Daily Vape build Kanthal is nice.

Properly setup, even a TC Nickel build does wonders.
Ti well, it just works better.
Waiting for my next RDA's to try out SS

I guess I'm saying Both modes have their place.:)

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Waiting for my next RDA's to try out SS
If you don't like the ss at first,don't give up on it right away.My first time trying it,i hated it,and pulled the build back out after less than 5 minutes.I finally decided to try it again a few weeks later,and at first still hated it,but after the coils started to get broke in,it got better.I have been running the coils all day for a few weeks now,and they have been great.I don't care for tc,but stainless makes for a nice vape in power mode.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I have a couple of TC capable mods but only run them in watts mode at around 8 watts...works for me, but I tend to be a "if it ain't broke don't fix it kind of guy.

When I build coils, for me again, it's the simple solution of 28 Kanthal wire wrapped round my wife's old 2mm crochet hook aiming for around 1.5 - 1.8 ohms.

Each to his own however!

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
To be more specific

Would there be any difference in a dual TI coil than a single TI coil in the same atty with the same mod?
Actually the Eleaf coils are dual coils (for their Khantal). Between those and once I rebuild them as a single coil, not really any difference that I tell.

I'd say it more about surface and proper wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread