Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
60 watts you are good to go!

With a regulated device such as the Aegis Legend the resistance of the coil is not as important as a mechanical device where it draws directly from the batteries. With a regulated device there is the regulated circuit between the batteries and the coil. You power setting dictates the current draw. Mooch explains it all in this video.

Spyroklown

Mar 12, 2019
60 watts you are good to go!

With a regulated device such as the Aegis Legend the resistance of the coil is not as important as a mechanical device where it draws directly from the batteries. With a regulated device there is the regulated circuit between the batteries and the coil. You power setting dictates the current draw. Mooch explains it all in this video.

Ty soo much!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Not sure if this right place to ask but , this is my first rda build I have the pulse v2 with a 27*3 38 ni80 6wrap 3mm coil reading 0.33 ohm I was just wondering what wattage should I be using I’ve been going between 45-55 flavor is good but should I go higher ?it on top of a regulated squank mod . Thanks

Hi Worf,
IMO, There are no "shoulds".
If it is delivering the flavour and vapor you want, it "should" be right where it is.
Since we are not measuring anything, the advantage of higher power is shorter battery life, more juice consumed and larger (perhaps) clouds.

What is the nicotine level of you juice?
How long did you smoke and how many per day?

Cheers
I

Worf115

Mar 12, 2019
Hi thanks for the response i use 3 nic and I used suborn tanks when I quit cigs 5 years ago for a while (falcon, freemax) with premade coils so I’m used to having a coil telling me where my wattage should be so it’s a new experience on an rda . I just wanted to make sure that the wattage wasn’t to high for my build or to low where I’m not getting the full flavor benefit of it . Any insight or advice is always appreciated. Thanks !

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
With the .33Ω coil, I might start at about 30-33 watts and move up as needed.
IMO, it is dependent on the amount of wire in your build. (3X27awg)
Thicker wire will need more power to bring it up to vape temperatures, thinner wire will require less power to achieve the same temperature.

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread