Status
Not open for further replies.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Any updates on shipment of Surface? Chris, please, don't fret that you posted the info. Anyone who has ever done a co-op for newly designed vaping devices knows it can take even extra months beyond initial prediction of availability. Poor Scubatdan, of the Scubabatdan attys had to send most of the parts for the ScubabatgenUS attys back to machiners several times because they just couldn't get the specs right. It was no fault of his and totally out of his control.

Yours anxiously awaiting Surface, Feisty Alice

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
Yes, there was a brief update in a German forum - RE: Preorder (VORBESTELLUNG) Surface - 3 , basically he's telling us that the polishing needed some 4 or 5 days extra. The adapter he's talking about is an adapter he planned to make the Surface suitable for the Vmods.

He also told us somewhere else that he had 100 Surfaces extra, on top of the pre ordered ones, and that they will be available in the shop after the presold ones are sent out.

Basically, yes, shipment might be in the next few days. I personally estimate end of next week, anything earlier is a bonus.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Yes, there was a brief update in a German forum - RE: Preorder (VORBESTELLUNG) Surface - 3 , basically he's telling us that the polishing needed some 4 or 5 days extra. The adapter he's talking about is an adapter he planned to make the Surface suitable for the Vmods.

He also told us somewhere else that he had 100 Surfaces extra, on top of the pre ordered ones, and that they will be available in the shop after the presold ones are sent out.

Basically, yes, shipment might be in the next few days. I personally estimate end of next week, anything earlier is a bonus.

Thanks. So excited!!! Another question. For US orders do you know if there will be extra shipping cost above what has already been paid?

Thanks, Feisty Alice

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Scott, I tried to order one for you but site won't take an order. Guess we'll just have to wait and pick up one after the pre-orders are shipped. It appears the Surface does have the bottom air intake, like you prefer, and similar to the A7. When I have a bit of time I'll email him to see about doing another pre-order purchase but he did say that orders won't be combined. But the price is pretty good unless there is additional shipping to the cost I've already paid.

Hugs, Alice mom

pmoraldo

REO Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gilbert, Arizona
Super excited here as well
animated-smileys-dancing-047.gif

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
@Alice I don't think there will be an extra charge for shipping if you already paid for it. How much was shipping to the US?
@metameme It's basically a dripping atty with two level posts. It will be a bit fiddly, but I am sure you could built it with SS only. It is designed as a silica atty, though:
1152-dsc00790.jpg

Last edited:

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
@Alice I don't think there will be an extra charge for shipping if you already paid for it. How much was shipping to the US?
@metameme It's basically a dripping atty with two level posts. It will be a bit fiddly, but I am sure you could built it with SS only. It is designed as a silica atty, though:
View attachment 168014

The invoice for 2X Surface shows, registered Mail (Dispatch to: US : (1 x 0.12 lb(s))): 9,00 EUR. Super fair shipping cost.

Is it correct that he is no longer taking pre-order purchasing? I tried several ways, this morning, to get 1 or 2 in cart but it wouldn't take. Scott wants one. I ordered two at pre-order but DH and I each need one so I don't want to let those go.

Thanks, Feisty Alice

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
I just realized his english website is really messed up. Most of his business is national I suppose.

9 Euros is really affordable, normal cost is a minimum of 15 Euros for the US. But it is listed on your invoice, so it will be ok.

Pre orders have been closed for a while now, anyone who has not got one in yet will have to wait to order for a regular price.
But Michael is a nice guy, you can use the contact form under Kontakt • Dampfgeräte und mehr and ask him =)

You only need to fill in Name (surname) Vorname (given name) and e-mail and write your text under "Anmerkungen/Kommentare" and solve the captcha.

He understands English, that should not be a problem.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Thanks. I made A's in German, 30 years ago, at University but all is lost now. Google translate does a decent job of translating and now that so many people use translation on internet we have become used to the funky computer translations. If you know a little of the language you can arrange your English, for instance, so the translator does a better job but most of us are in too much hurry to bother doing that. I used to have my German friend, who now lives in Mexico, translate written text for me but she's so busy now I don't want to bother her and her internet service goes down a lot, sometimes for days. They are lucky to have any at all being in the jungle.

Last edited:

Norman Clature

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Athens, GA, USA
Ya. Google good job does. Common it is to place verbs before nouns (to us Westerners not.) Except for certain phrases that catch on like "To us Westerners; not so much" :laugh:

Googly Translation:

Here is the pre-to Surface.

Attention, this is a pre-order. The item is NOT in stock. He is expected in the second Delivered week of January.

With a Bestllung confirm that you have read here: CLICK

Since this is a pre-order, there may be delays. We ask you to consider all of this.

It is a self-winding evaporator for Bottomfeeder.

It is made from polished stainless steel and is suitable for all common bottom feeders such as Reo Grand / Mini Bacchus etc.

The eingefeedete Liquid can leak in Normalberieb not, even if you put the good on its head.

He has. Drip Tip without a length of about 39mm Without Drip Tip, with 510er connection

The outside diameter is approximately 12.2 mm.

Furthermore, he has an adjustable center pin.

Attention, a preorder is not valid gifts action

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
I asked Michael about the things that came up in this thread - here's the answer:
RE: Preorder (VORBESTELLUNG) Surface - 3

Basically:
- He should have the Surfaces around the next weekend and will start to ship then if they are up to his standards (He's a bit like Rob, if it's not ok he won't sell it and rather delay more)
- He will produce more Surfaces once this batch is sold
- The English version of his website never really worked, but he has people working on the translation already
- 9 Euros for postage is a special business offer from DHL, it will be signed for and insured up to 100 Euros. It will be a bit slower than a parcel and have limited tracking, though.

Not looking too bad.

Chris

ChrisEU

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2011
Germany
The Surface is now available at Surface
The supply is limited - if you want one, be quick.

There is no English version of that page, but you will need to select something in the "Drip Tip" drop down menu. Either "nein" if you don't want the drip tip or "ja" if you want the drip tip for 9 Euros extra.

The price is now 39 Euros plus (I hope this is correct) 9 Euros for international p&p.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Surface still available! i was able to order one today. :)
My new Hornet that I got works great on my REO mini but won't fit my other MOD. ( Bogger box MOD - screws in but wont fire and can't adjust contact pin) - No I'm NOT a traitor with my mini bogger it's just that I HAD to have a wood mod when my mini-woodvil was stolen and Rob not making any. Figured it would tie me over until Rob gets back to his roots and starts woodvil production again. I'll be sitting by my computer to get my order in for a Koa wood or Cocobolo woodvil18490! :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Surface still available! i was able to order one today. :)
My new Hornet that I got works great on my REO mini but won't fit my other MOD. ( Bogger box MOD - screws in but wont fire and can't adjust contact pin) - No I'm NOT a traitor with my mini bogger it's just that I HAD to have a wood mod when my mini-woodvil was stolen and Rob not making any. Figured it would tie me over until Rob gets back to his roots and starts woodvil production again. I'll be sitting by my computer to get my order in for a Koa wood or Cocobolo woodvil18490! :)

Hate to bust your bubble but unless Robert says different there might not be KOA available. A Reonaut had purchased a few blocks of the KOA for his REO's. He quit vaping and the KOA's were put up for sale. There were a few types of wood REO's for sale that were special blocks of wood that were sent in by the same Reonaut.

I don't know if Robert has shopped for more of those exotic woods.

Cocobolo is usually offered as well as a wide variety of woods though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread