Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Your disgusting.

You and zoidberg are intentionally trying to derail the thread and take it off topic. I actually hope I'm wrong even though I'm not. Enjoy your closed system devices. I'll still get my 5ml RTAs and any device I want cause I got power and money unlike you 2fools. I'm trying to help our cause but your blind allegiance to hollyweird crackys and dear leader president of the world obozo clouds your judgement.

I feel sorry for you.

Derail your Thread?

We were just keeping it Active until you came back to Tell us Trump saved vaping thru an Executive Order.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I wonder how much motorcycle injuries cost the healthcare system each year. Or for that matter car injuries. What about sports related injuries? I know alcohol related illnesses have to cost a fortune. How many other choices can we justify taxing? We could solve the national debt problem in no time!
They'll just spend it all and look for new things to tax :lol:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Your disgusting.

You and zoidberg are intentionally trying to derail the thread and take it off topic. I actually hope I'm wrong even though I'm not. Enjoy your closed system devices. I'll still get my 5ml RTAs and any device I want cause I got power and money unlike you 2fools. I'm trying to help our cause but your blind allegiance to hollyweird crackys and dear leader president of the world obozo clouds your judgement.

I feel sorry for you.
Wow, I didn't derail this thread, that happened all on it's own after various people explained to you how the deeming regs are not pending. If you've got something else to add to that discussion I'd be happy to read it.

I actually wish you were right, unfortunately I don't believe you are. We've still got more fighting to do. Why do you want people to believe the fight is over when it isn't?

Also, you realize the post you just quoted was sarcasm, right?

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I think you have been watching too much dystopian scifi.
If you really think about it, we like to believe that we are in an enlightened age, with all of the info we have just a few mouse clicks away. Then read the deeming regs and all the bad press that has been written about vaping, we are already in a dystopian world, where the powerful institutions entrusted with protecting our health and well being, are just another tool to squash and suppress a grass roots movement away from deadly tobacco consumption, and also protecting powerful corporations who peddle overpriced chemicals with laundry lists of side effects while their CEO's rake in millions of dollars a year.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I think I DID read a book like that!
Not sure tho...which one...
upload_2017-1-22_19-31-27.png
upload_2017-1-22_19-34-49.png

upload_2017-1-22_19-37-4.png

If you really think about it, we like to believe that we are in an enlightened age, with all of the info we have just a few mouse clicks away. Then read the deeming regs and all the bad press that has been written about vaping, we are already in a dystopian world, where the powerful institutions entrusted with protecting our health and well being, are just another tool to squash and suppress a grass roots movement away from deadly tobacco consumption, and also protecting powerful corporations who peddle overpriced chemicals with laundry lists of side effects while their CEO's rake in millions of dollars a year.

Reactions: ENAUD

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO

I'm a little more optimistic than you. I still think we will prevail in the end (as far as vaping is concerned).
While not all drugs and treatments have payed off, we have made major advancements in medicine. There are countless people who would have died, not all that long ago, without modern medicine. As far as the laundry list of side effects, there were always side effects, but we were often not told what they were. Yes, it's far from perfect, and I totally agree that profit has gotten way out of line.

Democracy, while more corrupt than it once was, was always a messy business. It's not so much the institutions, but the special interest groups that have gotten so powerful. It's hard for a citizen to have a voice when money=speech.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I'm a little more optimistic than you. I still think we will prevail in the end (as far as vaping is concerned).
While not all drugs and treatments have payed off, we have made major advancements in medicine. There are countless people who would have died, not all that long ago, without modern medicine. As far as the laundry list of side effects, there were always side effects, but we were often not told what they were. No, it's far from perfect, and I totally agree that profit has gotten way out of line.

Democracy, while more corrupt than it once was, was always a messy business. It's not so much the institutions, but the special interest groups that have gotten so powerful. It's hard for a citizen to have a voice when money=speech.
My gripe with the FDA goes back a few years, having the occasional bout of gout, I used to take a med called colchicine, which was an orphan drug, it used to cost pennies per pill. One company exploited this orphan drug laws and got approval for colchrys, basically the same chemical, now it costs many fold the cost of the original formula, making it unaffordable to me. I have no good feelings towards this type of racketeering.

Carlyle Fitzgerald

Dec 17, 2016
Yeah, I was only half joking. I understand why middle America is upset. Their medium wage jobs disappeared. Unfortunately I don't think they're coming back, not as they were at least. Manufacturing products domestically means higher labor costs, and those costs will have to be passed to someone, and most companies are not interested in slashing their profit margins so that means higher prices for goods. The only way to make higher priced domestic products competitive with lower priced foreign products is to raise the price on the foreign products, probably with tariffs. I have no idea how that will turn out, but I will say I've become more interested in learning how to make what I have last.

Sadly, you're probably correct. I'd add that the increase in domestic manufacturing jobs would, at first, somewhat offset increased costs, but only in the places where those jobs were added. If enough manufacturing were added (back) into our job market, a lasting change could be brought about, I think.

I was a coal miner for few years, and I miss the money and security that brought. I'd love to see some of that return to America, because that's what I grew up believing America is. My heart breaks for the younger generations.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
It discriminates fat people. Not everyone is overweight because they overeat and are sedintary.
Exactly.

Most are fat because the lines of good nutrition are blurred.

Nutritious food doesn't claim to be Nutritious or void of bad ingredients on the package.

If your package claims it's void of something detrimental or healthy, chances are it's nutritionally poison.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Rossum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread