Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Trump did talk about getting rid of regulations during the debate. Gary Johnson thinks Aleppo is the fourth Marx brother.:eek:

Trump thinks there are 12 articles in the Constitution.

Let's not go there.

Vote your conscious. I'm 100% comfortable with mine.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just correcting what your link says.;)
We should all be informed voters.:thumbs:

Understood but one-liner shots are probably best left at the door, particularly if you're supporting a candidate who has changed positions more than Linda Lovelace did back in the 70's.

Turnabout is fair play. :thumbs:

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Never said I was voting for anyone. Just clarifying that the statement in the link is wrong.
Edited above so there's no bad feelings though.
People seem to get all huffy about people changing their mind but I think it's great as long as you do the right thing at the end. Better to change your mind then do something stupid right?

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Never said I was voting for anyone. Just clarifying that the statement in the link is wrong.
Edited above so there's no bad feelings though.
People seem to get all huffy about people changing there mind but I think it's great as long as you do the right thing at the end. Better to change your mind then do something stupid right?

Lead me to that part, please. I'm honestly having difficulty finding something I'd categorize that way ("Wrong").

I'm going to leave the 2nd part alone because Mr. T., much to my own dismay in fact, has simply provided more material than the aforementioned Marx Brothers.

Sad days...

Back to the point, what exactly are you considering to be wrong about the link? I may just be missing it.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Its in the letter.
I cant paste it but it says.
In the first debate voters listened to two candidates dance around the American economy.What you'll never hear from those candidates is how the economy is being killed by excessive regulation.

He certainly hasn't made the National Register a major topic, that's for sure, but since he's fired off such a variety of stances, it's entirely possible he's mentioned it.

On the other hand, the Johnson/Weld ticket has made it one of their major campaigning issues and is now officially the first to speak up on the topic of vaping (specifically).

To be dead honest, I'm surprised by that fact. Given the 9-10m voters at play, I fully expected Trump to come out loudly for it, and I'm going back six months or so. That he did not literally floored me. Of course, given what we now know for certain about him, that being he's much better at talking than he is a reading up on things, it all makes sense.

Reactions: Katdarling

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Advocating anything that looks like smoking would probably hurt a mainstream candidate. Libertarianism requires a little more thinking, plus its candidates are desperate.

vaping and its situation is a great example of the problems of government regarding the loss of freedoms and powers running amok. This aligns most with libertarians. Trump might be interested in the business angle but otherwise I'm not hearing him saying that's what's wrong with gov't. Clinton might be willing to shift the economic burden towards the government but keep all the regulations?

I've voted Libertarian the last 3 elections. I recommend it over your head exploding or pulling all your hair out.

nomore stinkies

Gee, Who did that?
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 23, 2014
    IL
    My most important topic is the supreme court. I want a Scalia. I have decided that "they" don't give a darn about the benefits of vaping. They just want to tax something, anything. Here comes the sugary drinks AGAIN. I deplore this government. No morals, no values. They'll do anything, say anything to get you to believe they care, then they take your vote and slam the door-never to be seen until the next election cycle. Oh in those 4 years they'll send you a form letter thanking you. Enough is enough. Vaping is the last thing they care about. Cynical? You bet.
    I've heard alot of policy from Trump. And I tend to agree with him. People who pledge to a particular party tend to seek out that party's agenda and policies. My guess is that we usually don't explore the other party's agenda quite as much as our own. So our information would be limited regarding the opposition.

Reactions: DPLongo22

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    My most important topic is the supreme court. I want a Scalia. I have decided that "they" don't give a darn about the benefits of vaping. They just want to tax something, anything. Here comes the sugary drinks AGAIN. I deplore this government. No morals, no values. They'll do anything, say anything to get you to believe they care, then they take your vote and slam the door-never to be seen until the next election cycle. Oh in those 4 years they'll send you a form letter thanking you. Enough is enough. Vaping is the last thing they care about. Cynical? You bet.
    I've heard alot of policy from Trump. And I tend to agree with him. People who pledge to a particular party tend to seek out that party's agenda and policies. My guess is that we usually don't explore the other party's agenda quite as much as our own. So our information would be limited regarding the opposition.

I'm not an expert, but people keep saying this and seems stupid to me. Those that say it are anti-Democrat (I think), and yet court judges seem to me one of the only uses for liberals. Not only that, Scalia should be replaced by an Obama nominee or lots of congresscritters should be out for not doing their jobs. Surely what they're doing is unconstitutional?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I'm not an expert, but people keep saying this and seems stupid to me. Those that say it are anti-Democrat (I think), and yet court judges seem to me one of the only uses for liberals. Not only that, Scalia should be replaced by an Obama nominee or lots of congresscritters should be out for not doing their jobs. Surely what they're doing is unconstitutional?

SHOULD be, but precedent was set in reverse fashion, and for a much longer period.

Convention of States (Article V) may be our only chance to straighten this mess out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread