Status
Not open for further replies.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Ugh. I just got a USPS alert that my Reo finally went from 60 mis away to 5 mis away and I got really excited that I was going to get it tomorrow...then I realized its a stupid holiday and no USPS :cry:

So my shiny new Reo grand is going to be locked in their stupid mail center, being held hostage, 5 miles from my front door until TUESDAY. No doubt, since it requires a signature it will come before 330 on Tuesday when I will be home from work too :facepalm:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

/rant

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
yeah, they do what they want.. witnessed first hand "notice left" when no notice was left, they just didn't feel like delivering.

at least it wasn't sent FedEx- even if it's at the center early, they won't deliver until the scheduled delivery date.. I've waited 3 days for them to bring something from Portland to my house (20 minutes away!)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
Well that sucks. :(

Our mail person would leave it if I left a note in the box for her. If your delivery person is good like that you might get lucky.

We have some nonsensical rotation of 2 mail carriers.

Im going to try it. LOL. If its the guy he will come before I am here and will probably bring it back by if I leave him a message. If it is the lady she will probably lose it in her truck for a week. Fingers crossed its the mail dude. :)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
yeah, they do what they want.. witnessed first hand "notice left" when no notice was left, they just didn't feel like delivering.

at least it wasn't sent FedEx- even if it's at the center early, they won't deliver until the scheduled delivery date.. I've waited 3 days for them to bring something from Portland to my house (20 minutes away!)

Fedex always messes up my deliveries! My addres is # streetname HTS and there is, about 6 houses away - the same number and name but AVE and Fedex always takes my amazon packages to the poor lady there, who very kindly brings them to me. I call and tell them every time and every time they say they delivered to hts not ave...:facepalm:

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
i dont know that ups is much better, i mean in my experience my usps may be horrible with tracking but they are good on keeping to their days... just really suck on tracking which can drive me crazy... especially delivery day showing it hasnt arrived, biggest pain is no matter what i do i can not really get them to hold anything for me, the post office on post pretty much sends things out the second they get em, they dont have a storage so when the truck arrives it goes out...

ups, they suck imo, had a package that didnt move for a week... havent dealt with fed ex just know i dont like ups...

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
I feel your pain! My Grand was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday but thanks to old man winter and work, I only received it yesterday! But rest assured.....it will be absolutely sweet once you have it in your hands and take that first drag!!!

I am so excited for it - I absolutely adore my mini. :D

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I would even pay ransom for it to be released from their evil slow moving USPS clutches...LOL. Im fairly certain since we got a whole 3 inches of snow my mail carrier just boycotted yesterday. Whatever happened to rain, nor hail, nor sleet, nor snow....

We had some snow and ice here in the South and we didn't get any mail foe 2 days. I was thinking the same thing you said.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
We had some snow and ice here in the South and we didn't get any mail foe 2 days. I was thinking the same thing you said.

I think the new motto should be "if it so much as sprinkles, we dont leave our trucks"

But to give them some credit - at least they dont mix up heights and avenue. lol.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Ugh. I just got a USPS alert that my Reo finally went from 60 mis away to 5 mis away and I got really excited that I was going to get it tomorrow...then I realized its a stupid holiday and no USPS :cry:

So my shiny new Reo grand is going to be locked in their stupid mail center, being held hostage, 5 miles from my front door until TUESDAY. No doubt, since it requires a signature it will come before 330 on Tuesday when I will be home from work too :facepalm:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

/rant
You can waive the signature online at USPS when you track your package look to the right, there should be a link to signup for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread