Primo or Therion 166

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittianm

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2015
Hello all, Currently I am trying to decide what mod to get as a backup for my Traide 250. The two choices are the Therion and the Evic Primo 2.0. The primo appeals to me because of how good it feels in the hand and it is more powerful than I would need. I guess what I am curious about is if the Therion 166 would be comfortable in the hand. I have small hands, and wasn't sure if I should steer clear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SteelDriver

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Hello all, Currently I am trying to decide what mod to get as a backup for my Traide 250. The two choices are the Therion and the Evic Primo 2.0. The primo appeals to me because of how good it feels in the hand and it is more powerful than I would need. I guess what I am curious about is if the Therion 166 would be comfortable in the hand. I have small hands, and wasn't sure if I should steer clear. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Therion fits mine good. I don't have small hands though. But dna is better than any other board also imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: brittianm

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Got the Therion as my first DNA device, and I'm still not happy with it after a few weeks, I'll have to sit and make more adjustments.

It's a wonderful device in looks and quality, but will be my first and only DNA mod as far as I'm concerned, the amount of work to get the settings just right is ridiculous.

I've seen the Primo, lovely device, but issues with V1, so if you go with that one, make sure you get V2. The thing I didn't like was that it's just too small in hand for me.

I decided to go with the Wismec Predator (which I've read that may be using the same chipboard as the Primo but is simply more comfortable in hand, no issues with the 510 reported, larger screen and other items that made me go with it). I'm eagerly awaiting to received it. (but saw it in stores and was able to check it out, would have gotten it, but they only had the kit and I have no interest in the tank that comes with it)

Tintreach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
+1 Therion for performance but I will say it is bigger than all my other devices and HEAVY. By far the best vape I have had on a regulated device to date. I also have the Predator and I have to say my IPV D2 is a better TC device than it. Just not feeling this chip with the stock firmware. Personally I think the Lost Vape/DNA devices are the wiser investment vs anything under the Joytech umbrella.

I just ordered the Epetite for my small, in the pocket, backup dna mod.

Reactions: daviedog

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I decided to go with the Wismec Predator (which I've read that may be using the same chipboard as the Primo but is simply more comfortable in hand, no issues with the 510 reported, larger screen and other items that made me go with it). I'm eagerly awaiting to received it. (but saw it in stores and was able to check it out, would have gotten it, but they only had the kit and I have no interest in the tank that comes with it)

I hope the Predator works out for you. It's a good looking mod, but there have been some 510 issues posted on another forum. The threads are press fit and if you pull up on your tank, like taking the top off of an RDA, the thread part pops right out and stays on the atty. Thought it was a one off until a second poster put up a photo of the same thing with theirs.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I hope the Predator works out for you. It's a good looking mod, but there have been some 510 issues posted on another forum. The threads are press fit and if you pull up on your tank, like taking the top off of an RDA, the thread part pops right out and stays on the atty. Thought it was a one off until a second poster put up a photo of the same thing with theirs.
First I hear of it.

What I've heard is that the 510 pin on the Predator is the best pin they've done in any of their mods so far. (Wismec)

The V1 of the Primo though I've seen a lot of mentions about the pin being a problem, and why they came out with the V2 virtually right away.... (switching both the pin and the board).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I know exactly what you mean but grab a picture and post it there won't be a problem posting the picture.

Copying a photo off another site which "may not be named" and reposted here results in a mod deleting it for "copyright violation". Got me, as at that point it's in the public domain and being used for educational purposes without any remuneration, but I don't make up the rules around here.

It's really not that hard to wander over and take a peek in the regulated mods section with a thread title unkind to Wismec.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Copying a photo off another site which "may not be named" and reposted here results in a mod deleting it for "copyright violation". Got me, as at that point it's in the public domain and being used for educational purposes without any remuneration, but I don't make up the rules around here.

It's really not that hard to wander over and take a peek in the regulated mods section with a thread title unkind to Wismec.
Just PM me the link as I've done a search and cannot find a single reference to a bad 510 for the Predator, and I have no clue to which other forum you're talking about.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

Technically, no.

Just because an image is on the Internet, does not make it public domain. If an image is copyrighted, it can't be reposted without permission regardless of where you find it.

In the case of images posted on other forums, it's a grey area. If the image is originally public domain, than reposting it elsewhere is fine. If the image was originally copyrighted, it doesn't matter how many sites you find it on, you're still breaking the law by posting it elsewhere.

Now, in the case of the site you're talking about, if there's any identifying marks/URLs that would otherwise be filtered on ECF, then yes, we're going to kill it for evading the forum filters, NOT for violating copyright law.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Technically, no.

Just because an image is on the Internet, does not make it public domain. If an image is copyrighted, it can't be reposted without permission regardless of where you find it.

In the case of images posted on other forums, it's a grey area. If the image is originally public domain, than reposting it elsewhere is fine. If the image was originally copyrighted, it doesn't matter how many sites you find it on, you're still breaking the law by posting it elsewhere.

Now, in the case of the site you're talking about, if there's any identifying marks/URLs that would otherwise be filtered on ECF, then yes, we're going to kill it for evading the forum filters, NOT for violating copyright law.

Oh, I knew there was some reason why but didn't realize it was related to the identifying mark that ends up in the corner of pictures there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread