Status
Not open for further replies.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Guys I don't think George removed the prints for spite. But i would have done the same since coming back as a registered supplier would makes me think to start on a clean slate and think it all over again.

He gave us a lot of freebies in terms of design and wealth of information and help. It is just fair for him to think it over when someone forces you to become a seller. IMHO.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Hi everyone! I recently traded for a livewire mods built gdna and I got it today. I read the document that came with it and I'm using LG he2 batteries positive down and I can't get the mod to work. I've tried multiple different batteries and taken the spacer off to make a better connection but It won't turn on at all. I've contacted the seller and livewire but in the meantime is there anything you guys recommend trying before I have to send it to someone?

Pics would help. Could be the deans connectors aren't seating, have CA or other substance on them, bad board, bad fire switch, broken wiring connection, etc. Do you have a multimeter? What is your level of experience with electronics and or modding?

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Guys I don't think George removed the prints for spite. But i would have done the same since coming back as a registered supplier would makes me think to start on a clean slate and think it all over again.

He gave us a lot of freebies in terms of design and wealth of information and help. It is just fair for him to think it over when someone forces you to become a seller. IMHO.

While I can't speak for G, I have reason to believe that it has to do with the fact that this is a modders mod and now has no support from him here on ECF. Would any of us want our name attached to something that someone without the modding experience necessary can assemble incorrectly or someone with modding experience that gets defective prints or parts and without support from the creator ends up having a bad experience? The question just asked is a prime example. Not only is G not here, but hundreds if not thousands of posts and pictures by G & DJ that might help this person find the answer are permanently (from what I understand once that button is pressed by a moderator there is no cache to put them back) gone so we have to start from basically scratch. :-x

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
While I can't speak for G, I have reason to believe that it has to do with the fact that this is a modders mod and now has no support from him here on ECF. Would any of us want our name attached to something that someone without the modding experience necessary can assemble incorrectly or someone with modding experience that gets defective prints or parts and without support from the creator ends up having a bad experience? The question just asked is a prime example. Not only is G not here, but hundreds if not thousands of posts and pictures by G & DJ that might help this person find the answer are permanently (from what I understand once that button is pressed by a moderator there is no cache to put them back) gone so we have to start from basically scratch. :-x
I think you nailed it there. That's a good valid point!

strongdad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
TX
Pics would help. Could be the deans connectors aren't seating, have CA or other substance on them, bad board, bad fire switch, broken wiring connection, etc. Do you have a multimeter? What is your level of experience with electronics and or modding?
I've built a peko before but no experience wiring or soldering. I've contacted livewire and they are walking me through it by email. The mod was working when it was sent to me a few days ago and the connections look normal. If I can't get it working I'll send it to livewire. Really unfortunate that gdeal and dj are no longer here. Thanks for the replies! I was hoping it was something obvious that I overlooked but I'll send it back to the guys that built it.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA

that makes some sense, but considering you can get the printed parts + parts bag from live wire, it still wouldn't solve the potential problem you're referring to

Engineer

Jun 2, 2014
Toronto
CrfBnxo.jpg

oZkMbF4.jpg

Got it together for the most part. I guess this is the last GDNA4.2 to be assembled?

I have the LWM hardware kit, which came with 4 o-ring, but the assembly guide didn't really give me a good understanding of where they get placed?
Can anyone point me in the right direction for it?

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
that makes some sense, but considering you can get the printed parts + parts bag from live wire, it still wouldn't solve the potential problem you're referring to

Someone buys from Livewire you should get support from Livewire, just like any other place that sells stuff. If for some reason the problem goes unresolved (not implying it would) their gonna be unhappy with G?

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
So I didn't do my due diligence and don't remember the price of sculpteo's gDNA 4.2 printed parts + the livewire kit. Is that number close to the current $150?

Here's hoping they get some colors soon. I want one in black and one in orange.

I have one in my cart still. $100 from sculpteo.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Reactions: SkinyFatMan

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
So I didn't do my due diligence and don't remember the price of sculpteo's gDNA 4.2 printed parts + the livewire kit. Is that number close to the current $150?
I don't recall LWM's parts kit pricing, or Sculpteo's pricing either, but IIRC during the original v3.1 coop people calculated what the mod cost all-in and IIRC, it it was $175-$180 for everything. Yes, that included a DNA30, but those were also at very good (separate) coop pricing, so $150 for everything except the DNA does not seem very far off at all.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC

Here's hoping they get some colors soon. I want one in black and one in orange.

Kinda doesn't matter what use to be, the price is the price now, contact Livewire, as it's the only game in town

Thanks ECF

peenie

Verified Member
Sep 8, 2013
Saint Augustine, FL, USA
Parts kits were less than $40 and full prints were ~$80 on sculpteo (before shipping). I know cause I finally snagged a dna40 in Mike's last run, and in the course of a day or two I could no longer get parts from Sculpteo :(

If you count in shipping it's really not too much of a markup for a "for-profit". I'm disappointed that I didn't act a bit earlier, but I still bought a kit! My Peko really needs a friend!

Edit: if I remember correctly when I ordered 3 Pekos from Sculpteo in December shipping was like $17...So it's not far off at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread