Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Sweet, UPS retrieved my Sculpteo order, polished black at normal resolution. It looks pretty cool. Note: The black isn't murder-black, it's a bit purple/blue/charcoal something. It might darken up when I 1311 it. Have to run out to the store real quick, it's ISO alcohol we want to use to prep for paint, right? I'll be able to coat it some tonight if so.

My black Freakshow Mini should show up tomorrow. (Lucky accident, I initially wanted SS but Chowderhead shipped me a black one because I didn't respond the day he asked about it). So... suggestions for a black delrin drip tip for the FSM? I don't need anything special besides delrin and a pretty wide bore to keep up with the airflow.

If I can get it coated tonight I can leave it in a car in the sun tomorrow to cure (makes a great paint curing oven if you don't mind the lingering smell in your ride) and the atomizer should be here at 17:00 local so I *might* have the time to build it tomorrow night.

The driptip I have is from cavapes... "Derringer driptip" from mink machine. Its press fit, and a tiny bit taller than praxis. Looks great on everything, and not too expensive.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
8b7e21457cdc40d322bba7f141ac3ed4.jpg

Looks so badass

I love the looks of that murdered one with that black Freak Show on it. Gotta get a black FSM to go with my first Peko which I'll paint all black. It's a V1.1 and it's been functioning flawlessly since I built it. Now, it's dirty because I didn't even take the time to paint or even seal it. Now, I have to do a good cleaning and paint the sucker.

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I love the looks of that murdered one with that black Freak Show on it. Gotta get a black FSM to go with my first Peko which I'll paint all black. It's a V1.1 and it's been functioning flawlessly since I built it. Now, it's dirty because I didn't even take the time to paint or even seal it. Now, I have to do a good cleaning and paint the sucker.

If you notice the silhouette in the background, that's my murdered out cat (she really is all black). She wouldn't pose for the picture, though.
I like the all black ALOT. I can't make up my mind about the Derringer to cap... copper on the black looks so classy, but a black top looks good also. Too bad the clone caps don't fit.

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
Cool Henry Etta, that's exactly what mine is going to look like. Right after I buy this drip tip? CAVAPES | Mink Machine | Drip Tip | Derringer | Praxis That's the one, right?

OK, gotit. acetone not alcohol. I haven't touched the outside of my print either but it got delivered to someone else originally and they opened the package, the ziplock looks molested so I don't know if I want to spray it and have dude's fingerprint right in the middle. I guess I could just go for it a little bit and inspect for blemishes, the acetone should make short work of that Krylon 1311. I'm not even sure if my can is still viable, it's probably 6 years old if I can even find it.

edit: the surface and the Krylon 1311 are both very forgiving. As long as it's clean I think that stuff will work fine. It smells of toluene and if you're not familiar, it's like half of the prep right in the paint.

Last edited:

Henry Etta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Minneapolis, MN

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
LOL!

personally, i have had muchMUCH smoother prints from sculpteo.

Good to know. Hope my Shapeway prints look as good as the pictures I'm seeing here!
Have an all black coming as I did not want to paint, not my forte and very ocd when it comes to finishes.So by what I gather so far I just need to wash hands, handle parts as little as possible, spray with Krylon, get out the Loctite super glue gel, build eternals, fill bottle, slap my Nuppin' on her and I'm good to go!

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Sorry if this has been asked before, but what size is the tubing used to fit over the vented screw of the 510 connector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1/16" inside diameter 1/16" wall thickness. Tygon or silicone tubing is the best. It is a tight fit and takes some stretching to fit the screw. That is good since it prevents leaks. I have used both the coop tubing and some from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FOWGDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SeanMoore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
United States
EDIT: Don't need the part, livewire is mailing me one.

Hah! This thing is turning into a real project, missing parts and all. I finally have all the packages at my house and it feels like I've taken apart my jeep the week before the big trail ride and now I need some stupid little part that keeps me from putting it back together with the cool new modification.

Turns out I'm missing the "short solder lug" that connects at the switch side to the "large solder lug". I put in an email to the livewire mods support address but I'll just put a feeler out here too: anyone got one of the little short straight sided lugs available for sale? I could circle it in the pic gdeal has in the build doc if there's any confusion.

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Hah! This thing is turning into a real project, missing parts and all. I finally have all the packages at my house and it feels like I've taken apart my jeep the week before the big trail ride and now I need some stupid little part that keeps me from putting it back together with the cool new modification.

Turns out I'm missing the "short solder lug" that connects at the switch side to the "large solder lug". I put in an email to the livewire mods support address but I'll just put a feeler out here too: anyone got one of the little short straight sided lugs available for sale? I could circle it in the pic gdeal has in the build doc if there's any confusion.

Where did you get your parts from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread