Status
Not open for further replies.

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Wow only Peko in Australia! You the man doffy!

... I use to think I was the only person in Pennsylvania with a Peko and then I learned George (Gdeal) lives in PA, so now maybe I guess George and I may be the only ones. And of course G's family. Whom if they use to smoke they probably own Pekos!

-Mark

Rossum also lives in PA

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
And yeah Bob, the paint ran down onto my arm, it's there for life now. Ha

-Mark

I have the same problem I'm afraid[emoji1]

f6f076bceb3b492dd6d43a0cb9d21d59.jpg

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
So I switched the solder lugs and installed the spring. The button is now perfect!
Still having a hell of a time with the 510. All sorts of problems. Maybe the 510 is bad like someone mentioned earlier. The brass ring keeps loosening. If I put the screw far enough down for my atty to screw in properly, it won't fire. If I move it up, I can't screw the atty on. If I screw the atty on, then adjust the screw but turning the nut underneath, the atty gets stuck and turns the whole 510. Right now I have it on there, firing great, but as soon as I take it off, everything will be messed up again. Am I missing something? I will try the 510 I get with my next parts kit and see if it's better.

yes, i know this is eons ago, but i have had this issue with two of the v2.? (18650) from sculpteo. i finally figured out a fix tonite after MANY hours of adjustments and tweaking to no avail.

i found the thinnest o-ring i had that was about the diameter of the 510 and put it on the threads of the 510 before screwing the 510 into the peko cap. this solved my problem of the atty popping off and/or not screwing down.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

junquedujour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2011
southwest misery
hmmm. i didn't try putting the o-ring on the top of the 510, as i had tried an o-ring on the atty 510 connection ... and of course that did not work cuz it makes the space between the hollow screw and the atty even further - yeh, i was at my wits end and willing to try anything.

i put the o-ring around the threads of the classic itself and then screwed it into the cap/shell so it lifted it off the shell ever so slightly. i just have to say, the one that i did this to works amazing now. even the on/off twist function is working more smoothly. i can't make the connection in my peabrain why that *lift* would affect the on/off, but it did.

atty_fix.jpg

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Anyone know what size o rings these are?

If you order from the o-ring store they are listed by ID x thickness so they are 5mm x 1.5mm.
For some touchier atty/FD combinations I have used 5mm x 1mm. These let the atomizer sit a little lower and catch more of the thread. They took a lot of stretching to get on. I have some 6mm x 1mm coming my way.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
I have one set to be delivered TODAY. Whoo. I modified my derringer last night to bottom feed. 6 o clock hurry up.

This will be my first bottom feeder. I love the performance of drippers but could never find a tank that satisfied. If they where pushed to the dripper like performance they would always end up drying out on me. I was eye balling the Reo but I just could never get over the aesthetics, its a warthog. I still want one thought they are sturdy mods.
A vender at vape blast in FT Worth had a Peko customized with wood and I would have bought it but they also made is so that it would only accept the skinny atties. It had a tall cup that would have hid most atties and was unsightly.

I looked into the Pekos afterwards and once I got my next paycheck I ordered one.
This one is one of the prebuilt ones. I ordered the Silver\grey with the black ring. I am impatient and had to get a feeder fast.

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

gdeal

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
( -_-) Ω~
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I received my new 26650 Peko buttons and ring on Monday and have been prepping them to install in my 26650. Should be done with paint and clear coat tomorrow. I would like to add that for anyone that hasn't bought clear coat as of yet, you definitely want the Krylon matte 1311 and not the Rustoleum matte. I will be sanding down the outer finish on my top cap and shell while I have it apart today. The Rustoleum is not a true matte finish as stated on the can and my parts have a glossy shine on them and the finish is also very slippery too. Not happy with Rustoleum... Once I have the new buttons and ring on it I will post pics and some input so far as to the build and performance of the 26650.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread