The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

PRO-RINGS : As of 2013 (year-end)√

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by qorax, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    So far it's a mystery - that just appeared on their website like 2 days ago, and nobody has one yet!!
    Mine's on the way...

2. Arch

Arch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2014
    United States
    I feel like this Pro Ring would look great with IBT Carto-Tanks with stainless steel end caps. Hmm.

Innovape M1

3. Train2

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Yeah - that one's on my "want" list. LOL

4. MissLiss

MissLiss Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2013
    Colorado
    I totally just jumped and bought the new ring on the Provape site - I'm hoping it works with my KFL+
    Will post when I get it...so excited!

5. IceCreamMan

IceCreamMan Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2014
    Wilmington, NC
    SvoeMaesto tapered ring with the Kayfun lite V2

[​IMG]

6. Glenn_K

Glenn_K Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    The new ProVape ring looks great, but I just can't my head around paying $36 and change for international shipping for a small item like this.

It looks like the only option available at this time for these Kir Fanis/GR-modders rings is polished SS version with a dimple pattern. Shipping to Canada is very reasonable (under $10 and under $6 for two shipping choices via EATA = Greek national postal service = two weeks +/-). I just ordered one.

FYI both Bomb Vapor links are DOA at the moment.

-- Glenn

7. qorax

qorax ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2013
    Brampton, Canada
    B/Vapor, it seems, is no more making the rings.

As of now I think the Sotong 'Slotted' Ring is our best option. Everything could be flush mount without any worries of air-flow. At $20 (or $18) Shipped it's also well priced especially for us in Canada*.

8. drummerskey

drummerskey Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I saw this yesterday but I have a polished Provari and a polished Kayfun so I thought it would look odd in the middle of it.

9. Glenn_K

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    Interesting development, I emailed ProVape to ask whether any shipping alternatives are available -- for smaller things, some vape places will put the item in an envelope, and ship it through the regular mail (no tracking number, of course).

ProVape told me that there is an option to do this, and the shipping cost is very reasonable. I don't want to post the contents of ProVape's email -- which was sent to me personally -- but if you're not in the US and like the sound of this, it's worth checking out. After two or three weeks of vaping with that non-flush look, i've just ordered my 2nd ProVari ring today.

-- Glenn

10. Ibrahim Prophet

Ibrahim Prophet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2012
    Between 47% & 99%
    So, ProVape FINALLY got into the business of making a beauty ring for their own device!!! It's about-damn-time. I have a Tatroe ring and base, btw. May get the ProVape ring next time I order something from them.

11. TheKiwi

TheKiwi Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm curious as to whether toppers with non-adjustable 510 connections will work with em tho. The provape site explicitly states that you'll need to do adjust the 510 somehow to ensure connection with the cap on.

HOLY CRAP ITS 8 BUCKS WITH FREE SHIPPING?!?! What a deal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. naturecannon

naturecannon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Oregon City, Oregon
    Ya and I only ordered one ( recieved it today). Stupid move on my part since i now own 2 Provaris

QUick pic with Full Russian
    0305141806d.jpg

13. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    Some will fit with no adjusting. ($8 provape ring).

My Kayfun clone is fine and so is my Nautilus Clearo. Aspire Nova Clearo style needed more of a pin pull, but Aspires have been known to have that problem.

I like that I can put a nova size "topper" on it and the pro-ring is not flopping around. IMHO that size "topper" is also the best looking, due to the multiple air vent marks.

14. Train2

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Got my ProVape ring today, too - sorry can't do pix right now!!
    Here's my notes:

- it's brushed. Wasn't clear on their site, but as you can see in others' photos - it's brushed. For ME, that's good! I was hoping it was NOT a perfect match for a Satin provari, cause my provaris are black...

- the airflow notches work - a unique solution, kind of a different look. Maybe not "elegant," but functional (some may say "like a ProVari"!). But if I'm using a Kir Fanis tank, I may prefer a Kir Fanis ring. Or even a Kayfun Cone for the taper.

- It's NOT tall. Pretty close in height to the "Kayfun Cone" (which spins under my Russian - ...) - which means with a few of my tops, you can spin it. But not a wobbly spin - it's pretty CLOSE to a snug fit... But it's not REAL short - I DID have to adjust the post on my Russian to reach. Lower than a Loki ring. So it's an in-between height.

Summary - it's CRAZY that all these rings (ProVape, Loki, Tatroe, Kayfun, Kir Fanis) ALL have slightly different heights - and so there's no single ring (well, maybe a Hippo) that we can use for a variety of toppers. And no single carto/atty setup that will work with a variety of rings.
    I guess it's nice to have a selection, but heck - I'm now starting to get confused on which I like with which.
    Might have to try a Hippo V2 and ditch some of my "not usually" rings.

15. Glenn_K

Sep 29, 2013
    Toronto
    Looks like there's more selection available with the Kir Fanis rings as of this morning. Yesterday there was the polished version only, but today there's unpolished as well (still with the dimples that mimic the pattern on the slope of the ProVari mini top ring). I'm hoping I can change my order to 'unpolished.'

I think this ring will work well with my favourite 22 mm Genesis-style rba.

-- Glenn

16. Gonzi

Gonzi Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2014
    Marietta, GA, USA
    I just received my Loki ring yesterday. I've been waiting for Provape to release a proring and now that I wasted money on the IBtanked one, without reading that it was only meant for the 22mm carto tank and nothing else, I broke down and payed $25 shipped for the Loki. It looks great, but it sucks that I didn't see this at Provape for $8 till after I bought 2 dif prorings! Just my luck I guess. At least the Loki looks great, but would've loved this one to match the finish in my R91

17. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So true. I think I've got it down to a few rings that are must haves. I think you are on the same track. ;)

18. darkgear

darkgear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Cingulum Compleo is in stock in SS brushed and polished if anyone was waiting.

updated list

Rings
    Atmistique Hippo v2 AFC SS and Brass
    Loki Lab Pro-Ring
    Tatroe Cone SS and Brass
    Kir Fanis ProVari Rings
    Kayfun PV cone
    Bombvapor Pro-ring SS and Delrin Removed from their website. Maybe no longer made?
    IBTanked IBTpro 22
    Innovape Beauty ring
    Sotong ProVari Ring - from Vaporwall
    StattQualm SQuape Provari ring
    abcvaping Provari Ring-Pro Beauty Ring
    Vaperfexion V-COLLAR TRIM RING
    ProVape ProVari Tank Ring

19. Sugarfoot

Sugarfoot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    One Step Beyond
    Received ProVari Tank Ring yesterday, 2 days from order. Fits well,spins with my KFL+ cone,but not loose. As stated before, $8,such a deal!

20. p.opus

p.opus Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    I just purchased mine today for my Kayfun 3.1ES. Also bought an Ego Adapter should I ever want to vape from a Protank Mini or Iclear 15B.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.