Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Yeah, I wanna glass tank so the Diver can be clearly visible. I've been wanting a Loki tank. But I'll try the Diver in one of my IBTanks soon, once the dual coil carto needs changing. I'll give a review when I do.

You move awfully fast for a sloth.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Just got a Diver.

Now I'm just trying to decide what tank to put it in. Also, does anyone have tips and/or know where I can get extra ceramic cups so I can build spare coils?

Here you go... Free shipping to boot. :) I'm going to grab some for my incoming Sophia. ;) They all take the same cups..

Killer clone Replacement Ceramic cup Killer clone (set of 3) [killerceramic] - $4.89 : Buckys Bargain Vaping, Discount Vaping Supplies

EDIT: You may want to look into some ready-wires too.. The Diver, Sophia, Killer, etc.. all are better (and recommended by the makers) using no resistance / resistance wires.. I get mine from Stormy's..

http://stormysvaporcellar.com/oc_1/index.php?route=product/product&path=98_68&product_id=805

Bucky has some also I think, but I haven't personally used them.

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I watched the vid you linked about the Sophia. Exciting design. Although the review was excruciatingly slow. I wanted to poke that guys eyes out. Felt like he was explaining it to a 4 year old.

That 30 minutes could have been covered in 3 easily.

I had the Diver before.. Nice atty.. :) I was going to get another one before the Sophia came out, but think I will prefer it over the Diver for the additional features. I HATE wrapping my own NR / R wires. Some folks don't mind. Me, I'll take pre-made ones at $9.99 for 50 any day. ;) I use them for my Hercules builds too..

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I watched the vid you linked about the Sophia. Exciting design. Although the review was excruciatingly slow. I wanted to poke that guys eyes out. Felt like he was explaining it to a 4 year old.

That 30 minutes could have been covered in 3 easily.

Are you positive you are a sloth? Perhaps you were adopted.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I had the Diver before.. Nice atty.. :) I was going to get another one before the Sophia came out, but think I will prefer it over the Diver for the additional features. I HATE wrapping my own NR / R wires. Some folks don't mind. Me, I'll take pre-made ones at $9.99 for 50 any day. ;) I use them for my Hercules builds too..

I just received these. I'm a little confused, I thought they would already be pre-coiled. Am I missing something?

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I just received these. I'm a little confused, I thought they would already be pre-coiled. Am I missing something?

They are just the wires... Without those, you would need to have a roll of no-resistance wire, and resistance wire.

Two "legs" of the NR wire then need joined somehow (either by twisting together, or welded with a wire-zapper) to the single piece of R wire (needs to be measured by length depending upon gauge of the wire / resistance (ohms) of the coil wanted) which gets wrapped around the wicking material.

The pre-made wires are already joined together, a set resistance, and way easier to just wrap around a piece of wick and use for a rebuild IMO. ;)

EDIT: These may help: (Although I could never get my wires to tie as easily together as shown.. )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2dJU1CzM4k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plwnUgcvNdE

As I said before, some folks like, and don't mind making their own wires. I'm not one of them. ;) You may enjoy it. :)

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
Are most coils NR/R? It just dawned on me why the NR legs are so important on the Diver. You don't want the legs getting fired up. Just the coil portion.

Now I'm just waiting for the extra cups I ordered to show up and I can start coiling up some back ups.

Thanks TNut.

That's about it... :) Most attys with long wire runs use the NR / R wire. (Odysseus, Ithaka, Diver, Sophia, Killer 705, eBaron Dripper Pro, etc..) Standard 510's 901's, 306's 801's, Kayfuns, The Russians, Taifun GT's, most rebuildable dripping atomizers etc.. use just resistance wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread