Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Not to hijack the thread but I can relate to cars as well and on the vette forums....to get back on subject...preloaded has convinced me to move on with purchases that I was waiting awhile for...another mini-had to go for the white--2 custom high desert vapes tanks, Loki rings,couple stone driptips,etc. I have a couple cool cartotanks but can not for the life of me can get pics to download from my iPad!?! My laptop is "sick-viruses" so any way I need to figure out if photobucket will work and try to figure it out! Anyway, your reasoning makes sense to me as I get bored easily and need to keep my energy level up. I am 4 months free of stinkies, not even a puff, I promise!! And some rewards was necessary!! Nice thread here!:D

Edit...hell I can't even figure out how to get an avatar with my name as it would explain "zbeast08", oh well maybe someone can put in the right direction as I am pretty good with computers but maybe the iPad limits what I can with pics...

Last edited:

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Awesome. I would love to see some pics. And yes, a lot of my fast pace spending/collecting is to keep me engaged in this life and death battle. OK, that sounds dramatic, but whatev's. And as you car builders know, tinkering is pure zen therapy.

As far as posting pics. It's kind of a pain from an iPad but it's doable. I use IMGur. I find that I need to go to the bottom of imgur's page and clik the "full version" link. The mobile version is absolutely blows the failboat.

Avatar from the iPad may be trickier, because of the avatar size limitations. 200 x 200 pixels or 20kb.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
Speaking of which, I received my JoYe drip atty. I read your informative guide again and gave it a whirl. It's a great way to sample new flavors, but I found it a bit temperamental. Like some times only adding a couple drops would result in flooding the outer moat around the top cap of the Provari with juice. And other times it worked just fine.

Also, it's hard to feel that the gurgling is supposed to be normal. But no gurgle = prepare for dry hit.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Speaking of which, I received my JoYe drip atty. I read your informative guide again and gave it a whirl. It's a great way to sample new flavors, but I found it a bit temperamental. Like some times only adding a couple drops would result in flooding the outer moat around the top cap of the Provari with juice. And other times it worked just fine.

Also, it's hard to feel that the gurgling is supposed to be normal. But no gurgle = prepare for dry hit.

You must relax your consciousness and become one with the gurgle and hiss. Let the atty speak to you.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Not to hijack the thread but I can relate to cars as well and on the vette forums....to get back on subject...preloaded has convinced me to move on with purchases that I was waiting awhile for...another mini-had to go for the white--2 custom high desert vapes tanks, Loki rings,couple stone driptips,etc. I have a couple cool cartotanks but can not for the life of me can get pics to download from my iPad!?! My laptop is "sick-viruses" so any way I need to figure out if photobucket will work and try to figure it out! Anyway, your reasoning makes sense to me as I get bored easily and need to keep my energy level up. I am 4 months free of stinkies, not even a puff, I promise!! And some rewards was necessary!! Nice thread here!:D

Edit...hell I can't even figure out how to get an avatar with my name as it would explain "zbeast08", oh well maybe someone can put in the right direction as I am pretty good with computers but maybe the iPad limits what I can with pics...

When you become a supporting member you are allowed a slightly larger avatar. In the meantime, it's pretty restrictive. Even if you have an image perfectly within the maximum size, there appears to be some kind of override that compresses it anyway. You get the clearest image if you bypass the upload function and post the url directly into the text box (with [img tags).

This probably isn't what you had in mind, but I tried to best make use of the allowed size dimensional limits and still (hopefully) capture the feel. One is a gif and the other a jpg. It's hard to determine posting in a thread what the image will look like if used as an avatar, since that feature is where the compression kicks in.

4vpw.gif

qo0x.jpg

Last edited:

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
People have done it.. There was a telescopic made by Kato, but it was limited. Had full instructions on gutting the Vari, and fitting it over. I would have no problem gutting one of mine to place in a 26500 / 26650 (with extension) tube if someone offered a kit. I'm certain plenty of others too. ;)

I'll be damned.. I was looking at Fluid Flasks this morning, and happened to click-on to an item called the PowerPro. There was nothing on the page, so using my Google-Fu, I found the folling vid. I imagine the project is on-hold, or scrapped entirely since they now produce the CyBorg DNA20 mod. It could give the right person with access to machine equipment some ideas though. ;) I like the concept.. but think it could have been done even better. (Like a 26500 + extension)

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
WOW!!! Thanks for that. Disassembly looks surprisingly easy. Obviously the difficult part is building a new home for the internals. This has lit my creative fuse. I'm gonna think long and hard on a custom housing...... Maybe even entertain a twin paralleled 18650, like a double barrel shotgun + trigger.

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
I just stopped by Tasty Vapor to pick up some new flavors. One of which was "Monkey Chunks". Oh Sweet Vaping Baby Jesus! I love it. Peanut butter, banana and a hint of chocolate. Right out of the bottle it's already amazing, and should get smoother after a short steep.

Also when I got home I had some vapemail. The brass Tatroe foot came from a Provarinati friend, and low and behold the brass tube arrived from cigtechs on the same day. It was kizmet. My Bronze Provari vision is slowly taking shape. Gratuitous sunlight pic to capture the bronzy goodness.:D

ReJ3FVB.jpg

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
When you become a supporting member you are allowed a slightly larger avatar. In the meantime, it's pretty restrictive. Even if you have an image perfectly within the maximum size, there appears to be some kind of override that compresses it anyway. You get the clearest image if you bypass the upload function and post the url directly into the text box (with [img tags).

This probably isn't what you had in mind, but I tried to best make use of the allowed size dimensional limits and still (hopefully) capture the feel. One is a gif and the other a jpg. It's hard to determine posting in a thread what the image will look like if used as an avatar, since that feature is where the compression kicks in.

4vpw.gif

qo0x.jpg

Oh crap, how...nevermind, I am about to send you a PM!!

Preloader

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Oakland, CA
So here's a review of the flavors I just got from Tasty Vapor. First off let me start by saying that after going back to TV from a week of MBV tasting.... I will likely give away the MBV stuff. The MBV flavors taste too artificial. I know that sounds redundant considering most all juice flavors are artificial, but I like to at least feel like my taste buds are being fooled into believing that the flavor is authentic.

All juices are 60pg/40vg 24mg nic

1. Monkey Chunks - 4.5/5 Peanut Butter, light Banana, and light Chocolate. Taste is amazing, thick hitting and the aftertaste is very satisfying. My only resistance to giving it a 5 is that the TH is not quite strong enough. It's not underwhelming, but just not quite enough bite to get a perfect 5.

2. Caramel Apple (Granny Smith) - 3.5/5 Was not expecting to like this so much. Good blend of sweet and sour. Very much tastes like Caramel and Green Apple. Again though, lack of TH.

3. Quince - 3/5 Don't laugh but I had to google what Quince was (and how to pronounce it {kwintz}) before I decided to try it. It's an Eastern Sweet Pear-like fruit. A tad sweet for me, but the TH is just right.

4. Candy Apple Pie -1/5 Meh. Confirmation that I dislike Cinnamon. Also serious lack of TH.

Overview..... Monkey Chunks .... It's gonna be in heavy rotation for me, and I hope to find out that I don't get sick of it. Banana Cream Pie was my ADV for about 3 weeks, but finally got a little boring. I see a lot of potential for the Quince, so long as it calms down after some steeping. All of these reviews are straight from the bottle, with no time to steep.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
My favorite vendor is in NC. DDMWorks. Ever heard of them. He is currently building a bigger turbo kit for my Sonic. We are going to squeeze 300whp out of my 1.4L here real soon.

No I have not, I am about an hour from Raleigh...I had all my tuning and port/polish, eyc from a vendor in Raleigh...that hp ou getting is awesome...I just loaded a 3ohm carto in my new privi tank with 5 volts with Boba Bounty juve and it is serious hp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread