pro tank wicking experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

metamorpheus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2013
AZ
So I did a little experiment today. I was reading a thread in another forum for my friend about other uses for the atomizer that I no longer have any personal interest in(as of 2 months). The poster had an RDA and had made a SS wick with another silica wick which wrapped around the well of the base. I got a little curious and rebuilt a pro tank head today. I made 7 wraps of A1 32g kanthal around some 2mm ekowool and added the 1mm flavor wick. This time I made a longer flavor wick and wrapped it halfway around the metal base. It seems to be performing much better and putting off big clouds of vapor :vapor::thumb:.

I have some SS wire rope coming in the mail soon too. Think I'll use the rolling paper trick to prevent shorts and then do the same thing I just did with the flavor wick. I think that will be pretty close to maxing out the pro tank. I generally vape at 5W or lower on a Vamo VV/VW with a 18650 Panasonic High Drain 2250mAh battery. BTW can anyone recommend a rebuildable top fed atomizer that's either SS(preferred) or SS+Polypropylene with adjustable airflow and the ability to make dual coils. I was just about to order an Ithika clone from fasttech when I read that the tank portion was polycarbonate :facepalm:. Why are any of the atomizers, clearos, carts, or tanks made out of that garbage? I like my citrus juice!

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So I did a little experiment today. I was reading a thread in another forum for my friend about other uses for the atomizer that I no longer have any personal interest in(as of 2 months). The poster had an RDA and had made a SS wick with another silica wick which wrapped around the well of the base. I got a little curious and rebuilt a pro tank head today. I made 7 wraps of A1 32g kanthal around some 2mm ekowool and added the 1mm flavor wick. This time I made a longer flavor wick and wrapped it halfway around the metal base. It seems to be performing much better and putting off big clouds of vapor :vapor::thumb:.

I have some SS wire rope coming in the mail soon too. Think I'll use the rolling paper trick to prevent shorts and then do the same thing I just did with the flavor wick. I think that will be pretty close to maxing out the pro tank. I generally vape at 5W or lower on a Vamo VV/VW with a 18650 Panasonic High Drain 22500mA battery. BTW can anyone recommend a rebuildable top fed atomizer that's either SS(preferred) or SS+Polypropylene with adjustable airflow and the ability to make dual coils. I was just about to order an Ithika clone from fasttech when I read that the tank portion was polycarbonate :facepalm:. Why are any of the atomizers, clearos, carts, or tanks made out of that garbage? I like my citrus juice!

Definitely anxious to hear how the SS Rope works on a bottom coil like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread