Problem with RN4072

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
UK
I`m a novice to the whole vaping scene, I got a RN4072 last week which I`m generally pleased with, but the problem I have with it is that when I start using it the first 3 or 4 drags are fine with plenty of throat hit & vapour, after that the next drags diminish with little or no throat hit and slightly less vapour, and I usually give up & have a analog!8-o

But when I leave it 30-60 mins or so and go back to it, it`s OK again for the first 3-4 puffs

I`m guessing it`s the cart filler not wicking well? I`m using the pre filled carts that came with it with the standard cart filler I`ve tried putting a new full cart in a couple of times, but to no avail - would I be better off with blue foam / Pyramid tea bags etc?

Or I suppose it could be the Atomiser? I only have the one at the moment until my next order arrives, so I can`t test it with another ATM.

any advice appreciated!!

Last edited:

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
The RN4072 is a great atomizer. Your issue sounds like dry prefilled carts are not wicking the metal bridge or in the alternative, the atomizer lost its ability to wick the nickel mesh and needs replacement. The ususal reason for a failure like that is not keeping the mesh in the atomizer wet enough.

Do yourself a flavor and use blank cartridges and buy e-liquid.

Sun

Triumph

Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
UK
Thanks for the advice sun, yeah I think it must be the carts not wicking, as when I take the carts off the atomiser & the tube it sits in is very moist (I`ve soaked up gallons of e-juice through my fingers when I take it apart I think!!) Though whether it`s getting to the mesh at the bottom or not I couldn`t say.......

I`ll have to get some DIY cart filler I think & have a toy with that to see if it improves performance

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread