Problems with evods and pro tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyEllen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Grand Rapids
So basically, at any point of the day any one of my 5 evods or both of pro tanks will start to gurgle. Is it possible to flood them? I usually have them sitting in a cup hold with the bottom facing down or if not on a battery there in a case facing the same way. I can take a spinner or my evic clean the condensation of the battery terminal and throw one on it and its already gurgling. What's the deal?

i figure I can kill 2 birds in one thread since there essentially the same tanks .

TyEllen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Grand Rapids
With the ProTank, I just refill it, blow through it and remount it. If there is juice in the connector, I'll wipe that out.

I had the same thought the first time that it happened so I blew thought the mouth piece and moisture came out but I could tell it wasn't cleared so I kept blowing on it (no pun intended) but by the time I noticed I had blown half a tank of juice out the bottom and onto the counter. Is that supposed to happen?

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
So basically, at any point of the day any one of my 5 evods or both of pro tanks will start to gurgle. Is it possible to flood them? I usually have them sitting in a cup hold with the bottom facing down or if not on a battery there in a case facing the same way. I can take a spinner or my evic clean the condensation of the battery terminal and throw one on it and its already gurgling. What's the deal?

i figure I can kill 2 birds in one thread since there essentially the same tanks .

I have been ranting about Pro Tanks gurgling and leaking for the last 2 months. All I get back is.. Oh my Pro Tank is the best thing since sliced bread. I have 2 of them. They both vape fine until the juice gets down to about a half a tank. Then.. its all over. Gurgling and leaking all over my batts. It is my thoughts that the tiny little "O" ring at the very bottom (not the larger plastic one just below the wicks) is defective. It is the only thing I can figure would alow the liquid through to the batt. I have bought and replaced the heads more than one. Still the same problem. I, like the op, am at a loss as to what can be done to fix the problem. I would welcome any suggestions..

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
It happens mostly when you get too low on juice. I try to never let it go below 1/3 or 1/4 tank. Just about any system will gurgle eventually.

I have been using various clearos for almost a year now. Never had a gurgling or leaking problem with the Vision CE5 rebuildables or the Vivi Nova Minis. I know many swear by them but I have really had issues with the bottom fed coils. I want to like them because the concept seems logical and I would much rather vape out of a glass tank. My experience has been that all the time wasted cleaning wet batts. and recleaning and drying the Pro Tanks (at least mine) is not worth it. I can pick up CE5 and vape away. Actually, the lower my juice gets in the CE5, the more and better it vapes. IMHO ... ;-)~

Bawn

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
boynton beach, FL
I have been using various clearos for almost a year now. Never had a gurgling or leaking problem with the Vision CE5 rebuildables or the Vivi Nova Minis. I know many swear by them but I have really had issues with the bottom fed coils. I want to like them because the concept seems logical and I would much rather vape out of a glass tank. My experience has been that all the time wasted cleaning wet batts. and recleaning and drying the Pro Tanks (at least mine) is not worth it. I can pick up CE5 and vape away. Actually, the lower my juice gets in the CE5, the more and better it vapes. IMHO ... ;-)~

ya the protank has its down falls. i havent experienced any leaking yet...if it didnt have such a large air hole it would make it a tighter draw that would pull more juice into the wick. the wick just cant keep up on my vamo no mater votls i set it at. i can set to 3.5 and it wont burn but whats the point. using 2.0ohm head.

Last edited:

TyEllen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Grand Rapids
Most of the time they are not issues at all for me. Just more so annoying. So what do you guys recommend in place of evods and pro tanks that are the same sleekness and durability. And maybe someway of making these a little less annoying.

I guess I should have added I'm looking more and more into high end tanks so suggestions there would be good if anyone has any.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
I'll always use the vivi nova's. Love them things. Wonder where is the best place to buy a CE5?

Tnash Here is where I get mine. http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?pag...color_plus.tpl&product_id=1206&category_id=39 They are called Vision V3s but they are the CE5 long wick rebuildables. You may want to google V3s and CE5s to see if you can get them cheaper. I like their Customer Service. No matter where you get them. Make sure they are authentic Visions with the Vision logo. They also are available in dual coil. I have not tried them yet but will soon.

TyEllen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Grand Rapids
Have had similar problems with certain juice. Add a piece of 1.5 or 2.0 (od) wick on top of the coil. The wick is being overwhelmed by the juice and is getting into the air tube.

I was just thinking about that and how I took 1 of my wicks out. Maybe I should put one back in and see how it goes.

I'm getting down to abut a 3rd of a tank right now and it's working flawlessly though. Frustration station.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
ya the protank has its down falls. i havent experienced any leaking yet...if it didnt have such a large air hole it would make it a tighter draw that would pull more juice into the wick. the wick just cant keep up on my vamo no mater votls i set it at. i can set to 3.5 and it wont burn but whats the point. using 2.0ohm head.

Hey Jtracc, thanks for the response. I am cleaning (again lol) my Protank as we speak. I bought a bunch of 2.4 replacement heads but one thing I have not tried is the 1.8 head that came with it. I may screw that on and see what happens. All I have is spinners and twist batts. (well, one gripper) but I cant wrap my head around that airy draw. I must admit if I draw super slow (not compatable with my Adhd.. ;-) I get tons of vapor but daum... I like a tighter, more cig like draw. Again, any suggestions are welcome. I would like to like this Protank. So far its a C to C- .

TyEllen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2013
Grand Rapids
Bottom coils will get a bit of liquid on the battery contact but shouldn't leak anywhere else. As for the airy draw make sure your setting it at 9 - 9.5w for a 1.8ohm head the vapor production gets rid of the airy draw. Vivi nova minis are great but the bigger vivi novas leak out the bottom seal due to a design flaw.

It's was the way they were designed to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread