Prodigy 3.1 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest

One day, after all of the lawsuits are settled and the risks of stacked batteries are exposed, will there still be vapers willing to take the risk of using this type of device? It seems highly likely based on many responses in this forum.

Is the obsession of addiction clouding the judgment of otherwise rational people? How else would you explain that a person is willing to place a potential bottle rocket in their mouth or within harm's way of their family?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being a killjoy, but it seems to me that if vaping is going to move forward in a positive way that the devices used shouldn't be exposing folks to having their teeth blown out and their face in flames.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Gloria,

You bring up excellent points.

The beauty of America is that we live in a Free Society. Adults can decide for themselves and weigh the risks for themselves (pro's vs con's). Whether a device is/was built for a higher voltage, won't stop an individual from trying it if it fits their fancy. With the multitude of different types of batteries & atomizer combinations available today, a person/user may like to try them.

We, as a company, have decided to suspend sales of 3v battery combinations that can be used for 6v+ applications. This won't stop someone from purchasing batteries from the multitude of other online vendors (not ecig specific). However, we can at least encourage the use of 3.7v over higher voltage applications.

bobthesalesclerk

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
Gloria,

You bring up excellent points.

The beauty of America is that we live in a Free Society. Adults can decide for themselves and weigh the risks for themselves (pro's vs con's). Whether a device is/was built for a higher voltage, won't stop an individual from trying it if it fits their fancy. With the multitude of different types of batteries & atomizer combinations available today, a person/user may like to try them.

We, as a company, have decided to suspend sales of 3v battery combinations that can be used for 6v+ applications. This won't stop someone from purchasing batteries from the multitude of other online vendors (not ecig specific). However, we can at least encourage the use of 3.7v over higher voltage applications.

Great response. I think all suppliers should take notes from altsmoke aand have a warning discouraging the use of stacking batteries in unprotected mods.

sent from my Ice Cream Sandwiched Gtablet

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
Excellent point bobthesalesclerk! "have a warning discouraging the use of stacking batteries in unprotected mods"

Steve....I don't see anything on the Puresmoker website that encourages the use of 3.7v over using stacked batteries for higher voltage. Did I just overlook it?

And based on your posts from 2/20/12, I'm really confused. Are you encouraging or discouraging use of stacked batteries in the devices you sell?

02-20-2012, 11:46 AM #14 (Puresmokder forum)
CaSHMeRe
"Ebay/Amazon should be a good place if you still want to use Tenergy Lifepo4 batteries".

02-20-2012, 04:28 PM #5 (ECF forum)
CaSHMeRe
"we can at least encourage the use of 3.7v over higher voltage applications"

I appreciate your willingness to respond to this issue.

Last edited:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Hey Gloria,

You bring up valid concerns.

I won't tell someone what they can & can't use. I can pull product from the shelves, not sell it, and steer than in the 3.7v direction the best I can, however, if someone asks a specific question, I'd prefer (just like anyone else) they didn't use CR2's or try and use with unsafe CR123's.

According to our Prodigy Page, here are the current Prodigy Specs: We only sell the Prodigy as a base kit or 3.7v kit ... The 6v option is no longer available, nor are 3v (for 6v) batteries & appropriate chargers available.

From PureSmoker.com
Prodigy V3.1

COMPONENTS:
Base Kit:
1 x Stainless Steel Battery Housing (Machined Tube/Locking Bottom Switch & Components)
1 x 510/BUD Adapter
1 x Product Manual (PDF) **Be sure to download this from the User Manual Section!**

Full Kit (3.7v):
* Entire Base Kit PLUS:
1 x SR Atomizer or (5) LR 510 Cartomizers (To Fit The Above Adapter) [Default is an atomizer unless otherwise specified]
2 x AW17670 Protected Li-Ion Batteries (Rated at 3.7v - 1600mAh)
1 x Tenergy Multi Functional Charger

WARRANTY: 6 Month Warranty -- Cross Threading is not Warrantied.

Additional Information:
User Guide: Can be found under Prodigy User Guides on the left hand side of our website.
Dimensions (Without Atomizer):
Length: 105.75mm (4.16")
OD (Width): 18.95mm (.745")
Inside Diameter: 16.93mm (.665")
Weight With Batteries: 3.96 ounces
Finish Option: Satin Stainless Steel or Media Blasted Stainless Steel
Atomizer Connection: 510/BUD Adapter
Compatible Connections: 510 Atomizers, 510 Cartomizers, BUD Atomizers & BUD Cartomizers
Battery Type: AW 17670
Battery Quantity: (1) 17670

Voltage Type: Fixed (purely mechanical)[/QUOTE]
Running Voltage: 3.7v
Amount In Stock: Refer above. This changes daily.
Lead Time: If not on a pre-order, shipping time is between 24-72 hours.
Support/Additional Information: PureSmoker Forum

Last edited:

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
One day, after all of the lawsuits are settled and the risks of stacked batteries are exposed, will there still be vapers willing to take the risk of using this type of device? It seems highly likely based on many responses in this forum.

Is the obsession of addiction clouding the judgment of otherwise rational people? How else would you explain that a person is willing to place a potential bottle rocket in their mouth or within harm's way of their family?

I don't know, maybe I'm just being a killjoy, but it seems to me that if vaping is going to move forward in a positive way that the devices used shouldn't be exposing folks to having their teeth blown out and their face in flames.

Risk versus reward for me.

(1)Lose some teeth or (2)die from cancer.

I'll take door #1.

Last edited:

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
firhill
Risk versus reward for me.

(1)Lose some teeth or (2)die from cancer.

I'll take door #1.

What exactly is keeping you from realizing that there is a third door?

DOOR #3: A safer alternative.

Have you read ANY of the postings by rolygate about the safety issues regarding stacked batteries in unprotected tube mods?

Last edited:

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Excellent point bobthesalesclerk! "have a warning discouraging the use of stacking batteries in unprotected mods"

Steve....I don't see anything on the Puresmoker website that encourages the use of 3.7v over using stacked batteries for higher voltage. Did I just overlook it?

And based on your posts from 2/20/12, I'm really confused. Are you encouraging or discouraging use of stacked batteries in the devices you sell?

02-20-2012, 11:46 AM #14 (Puresmokder forum)
CaSHMeRe
"Ebay/Amazon should be a good place if you still want to use Tenergy Lifepo4 batteries".

02-20-2012, 04:28 PM #5 (ECF forum)
CaSHMeRe
"we can at least encourage the use of 3.7v over higher voltage applications"

I appreciate your willingness to respond to this issue.

Hello Gloria. I just want to say that one idiot who blows his face off with a mod that has no venting and possibly a battery overchaged on the wrong charger does not constitute every single mod seller to start discouraging use at 6V. I have been using my prodigy with stacked lifePo4 batteries for over a year without so much as a hiccup. But the prodigy IS vented, and I check my batteries for voltage directly off the charger to make sure they are not overcharged.

Sorry about my rant, but it felt in the post above like you were giving the fine folks at puresmoker a hard time and I don't like it. These are good people who have made a wonderful mod and deserve a great amount of respect for the time and engineering that went into it.

Also on a side note - Every single mod that I have read about blowing up or melting down has an electronic switch. These switches can fail and do often. If the switch on a mod shorts out and stays "on" it would cause a MAJOR problem and possible meltdown. I believe the 100% mechanical mods to be much safer than the electronic switch ones for this very reason.

Anywho, rant over. Just do not ever stop making that beautiful mod puresmoker!!!!!!!!

CV

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
firhill

What exactly is keeping you from realizing that there is a third door?

DOOR #3: A safer alternative.

Have you read ANY of the postings by rolygate about the safety issues regarding stacked batteries in unprotected tube mods?

Door #3 may not be an option for some as they will not use an ecig without 6V because that is what they like. If not for 6V vaping they may go back to smoking cigarettes instead.

Just sayin!
CV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread