Prodigy V1 button issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
I have a prodigy V1 which I have a love hate realationship with , it was my first HV mod and worked great for a year, then the switch went , I had PS send me another one and after 6 months it also died .

I sent both switches in for repair in June and seeing as the switches were not lasting I rarely used it but with the rare use I did give it one switch went in less than a month and now the second switch also .

I'm really not into sending my switches back in for repair if they are only going to last a small amount of time and then have me ship it and pay for repair just to have it fail again , I bought multiple atomizer adapters for this unit and don't want to shell out more money for another PS PV just to have to buy the adapters that I want and such

why can't PS come to a compromise here and either find a suitable solution to this problem and let me be happy or offer a trade in on a new model that doesn't have a major flaw such as this ???

I have sent Steve a few PM's about this over time and not a single one was answered ??? I had a great respect for PS as it was the first E-tailer of ecigs I used and that helped me get off cigs for good , I handed out there business cards to friends and people who inquired about ecigs and brought them business .

Please Casey and the team come to a resolution over this issue as I know there are many others out there in the same boat who probably feel some of the same things .

Have a good day , Tom

Casey@PS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Nashvegas
www.OurSongForever.com
Hi Tom,

Sorry for the trouble with the switches and PMs. All of our PMS fill up super fast, and with 3 forums going on, it can be tough to get to them all. Tickets are always the best way to get a resolution to the issue- during the day from 9-5, I try to get them answered within 2-3 hours (most of the time less), but all are answered within 24 hours.

We did sell a mechanical switch for the V1 to avoid the tact switch shorting issue, but those switches have since sold out, and we don't carry them anymore. Shoot me a ticket, and we'll see what we can do about the remaining switches. (Info@puresmoker.com)

Thanks!

bearscreek

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
TN
My advice would be for you to sell your Prodigy in the classifieds. I guarantee you someone wants it. They are collector's items in a sense. I don't mean any disrespect to PS, but the switch issue probably won't go away. If they had continued to stock the mechanical switches, you might be in better shape (and maybe not). I see no use in a Prodigy if you can't get parts to fix it. If you can get $40-$60 for it, you could get a V3 for not too much more and probably do better with the switch issues.

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I know the tact switches were an issue for sooo many people and can't imagine the amount of aspirin that Casey was taking during that time but she stuck in there and dealt with it the best she could with the materials that were available.

I had one or two tact switches short out and both were my fault. I was using 901's and I'd overtighten it and short the center post. I changed to the mechanical switch for my V1 and have never had a single issue with it since. It's definately a collectors item to me because that was the first mod I purchased within a week of starting to vape and I quit smoking with it.

I bought a couple of the Protege's and never had a tact switch problem. I did upgrade one to the mechanical switch but the one my GF uses still has the original tact switch. She's been using it since the first week they came out without a single incident. *over a year*

I dont think the tacts are good for HV but at 3.7 they seem to do fine. *At least in my experiences*

I'd also say sell it in the classified section and get a V3 or some other device. They sell quickly for $50 - $75 depending on what and how many adapters you may have.

PV design and technology has come a long way over the last year and like any other market, some of the materials (switches, etc) used early on are now obsolete. Look at cars and the computer industry. I once bought an item called a Shark Drive (way back). Within two months that technology had changed and was no longer being produced. I had some serious cash in that thing and it's been in the trash for some time now.

In closing I'd like to say, Casey thank you so much for your kind manner and hanging in there all this time.
You're a real trooper and an Icon to the customer service industry.

We'll take a quick commercial break and be right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread