Proposed Punishment for Provari Thievery ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Old joke, but I always liked it...

This is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.
CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course.
CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!
US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!
CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Even funnier is that the USS Coral Sea was decommissioned and scrapped in 1990. :D

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Old joke, but I always liked it...

This is the transcript of an actual radio conversation between a US naval ship and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. The Radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on Oct. 10, 1995.

US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.
CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course.
CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!
US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!
CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

I've always liked the story, but it's an urban legend.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

I'm not surprised those are all together, since they were on the product pages. When I was looking at the rabbit, across the bottom other people who viewed this item also viewed... and I knew it had to be the reviews. I mean, what does David Hasselhoff have in common with a dead rabbit? Outside of his career being in the same condition?

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I'm not surprised those are all together, since they were on the product pages. When I was looking at the rabbit, across the bottom other people who viewed this item also viewed... and I knew it had to be the reviews. I mean, what does David Hasselhoff have in common with a dead rabbit? Outside of his career being in the same condition?

That's how I was following them too. Sort of like playing YouTube Roulette. Open one of the 'Also Viewed' items in a new tab & just follow the trail. Hit a dead end & go back a tab. It's nice to know I can enjoy rabbit with a glass of Tuscan milk listening to Hasselhoff in my wolf t-shirt. I thought I'd never get to live out that dream.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
That's how I was following them too. Sort of like playing YouTube Roulette. Open one of the 'Also Viewed' items in a new tab & just follow the trail. Hit a dead end & go back a tab. It's nice to know I can enjoy rabbit with a glass of Tuscan milk listening to Hasselhoff in my wolf t-shirt. I thought I'd never get to live out that dream.

The product listing for the Tuscan milk is intriguing.

Product Description
While Milk

Important Information
Legal Disclaimer
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.

Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.

That's an awful lot of disclaiming for a jug of milk.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
The product listing for the Tuscan milk is intriguing.

Product Description
While Milk

Important Information
Legal Disclaimer
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.

Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.

That's an awful lot of disclaiming for a jug of milk.

If you give a mouse lawyer a cookie ...

Seapup

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Virginia, USA
Dumb question? How to you do the line-out like in the above quote? Call me stoopid, I can't figure that one out?

Not stupid at all...

wrap the text you want to "strike through" with start and end Strikethrough BB code tags [s] [/s].

For example, typing this: Call me [s]stoopid[/s]

Will display as this: Call me stoopid

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Dumb question? How to you do the line-out like in the above quote? Call me stoopid, I can't figure that one out?

Not stupid at all...

wrap the text you want to "strike through" with start and end Strikethrough BB code tags [s] [/s].

For example, typing this: Call me [s]stoopid[/s]

Will display as this: Call me stoopid

You can also click on the "Go Advanced" button, highlight the text you want crossed out and click on the strikethrough button. (I made this for someone a long time ago.)

strikethrough.jpg

@Seapup: I didn't know about the parse/no parse tags. Very cool!

Last edited:

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

I'm w/ya... I'm lucky to be able to send an email. I didn't know how either. Computers hate me and so do IT people who try to help me over the phone. "um. Ya. What button do you want me to press? ok, um, where do I find that?" :facepalm: I tried to create a cool signature line to include my quit date and other stuff I wanted to include. You can see how far I got with that *see below*

I hid the answer somewhere in this video. You have to watch the whole thing to find it.

Evil, evil man! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread