Protank 1, 2 or 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPeteW

Nov 28, 2013
United States
I have the protank 2 and protank 3. I prefer the protank 2 since I can rebuild the heads easily and get a much better vape. I tried to rebuild the dual heads but it was a bit fiddely and not worth the extra time. The looks of the protank are way better then the aspire. The aspire BDC atomizer is much better then the Protank 3 atomizer. So why not have the best of both worlds. Not sure if this was posted but I did skim the thread. You can get an adapter from Vipervape which will allow the davide to use aspire BDC heads. As far as I know the davide is an exact match to the protank in regards to parts and threads. Todd reviewed this type of product and I found it very interesting. Here is the link to the video, he got his from replacesmoke.com
BCC to BDC adapter & the Beck Adaptor - YouTube

I stopped at the local B&M today and she had the PT3s in stock so I picked one up. I also decided to order the Aspire Vivi, and Aspire Davide, and the PT2 when I ordered my eVic today. I'd like to be able to compare them all just for the hell of it.

FWIW, and I know I am new and I have not had the PT3 long, I can say the PT3 seems to carry a really nice flavor. It really doesn't seem to deliver consistently tremendous clouds or anything (It seems to be hit or miss), but honestly that is of no real importance to me. Right now I have my VV dialed up to 4.3V, and I may turn the screw up a little more later this evening. I also do seem to experience some gurgle with it from time to time. I ensured my coil was set right and checked everything over. I don't really feel either issue is a huge deal to me because the flavor is ridiculously good. Also, this thing is built really well. I am totally impressed with this compared to my old plastic tanks.

I appreciate everyone's input on this, and obviously based on my purchases I did listen to most everyone who contributed to this thread... heck, I think I wound up buying almost one of everything mentioned here...

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
heck, I think I wound up buying almost one of everything mentioned here...

then you got the message loud and clear. you're going to have to try them all to figure out which is your favorite and why.

so many variables to consider that often aren't mentioned when giving opinions. purchasing based on them really is a crap shoot.

i rebuild my coils. i can't have a metal drip tip. i react to them. i also vape cinnamon that ate the glue out of my PT I and am not interested in paying more for a dual coil head i'm going to rip apart before i install it.

my preferred protank is the II. it checks all my boxes and performs great for me.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I vape exclusively using Mini PT 2's. Quick to Clean Dry and refill. I love the form factor. Perfect for my vv3's and MVP 2's.

Yeah, the capacity is a bit small, but It appears that the Mini with the Ego Threading works better than the PT2's an the 510 threads. Less people having issues with the Mini PT2's from what I read.

Not sold on dual coil heads yet. I got a color coordinated iClear 15b with my MVP 2 and vaped it last weekend. Nice smooth vape but not a huge difference than my PT2. Drank juice a lot faster it did. And the replacement heads are double what I pay for the PT heads.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Pro tank 2 with no doubt. I have mine on an evic with rebuild coils. When I am not on my mech I am on my evic with pt2.

image.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Pro tank 2 with no doubt. I have mine on an evic with rebuild coils. When I am not on my mech I am on my evic with pt2.

View attachment 284895

Just to confirm, that mouthpiece in the picture is plastic, right?

I haven't seen anywhere any glass mouthpieces yet.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Ive tried the PT3 vs. Aspire for about a month, using only those two.

PT3 pros : fully disassemble-able, great flavor, no leaking/gurgling, heads last a while.
PT3 cons : Vapor is so-so (but still good).

Aspire pros : Excellent vapor, excellent flavor.
Aspire cons : Harder to fully clean in between flavors, had several issues with gurgling, heads have been very problematic- some have lasted me only 10 minutes!!

Cheapest ive seen for heads is $7.99 for 5 PT3 heads, $9.99 for 5 aspire heads.

Ill always have both, but im using PT3 90% of the time. Its just easy and maintenance free, just works. When I take the Aspire outside the house, im always worried my coil may decide to go to pot.

They BOTH suck up a lot of juice BTW.

One thing to be very aware of- you MUST run these at higher voltages than you would vs a single coil. For example, with the 2ohm PT3 heads, you need to set your voltage as if you have ONE FOUR OHM coil. If you run too low, then you will slow-boil your juice on the head and create lots of gunk quickly. Id run the PT3 over 4.2V, and the Aspire 2.2ohm over 4.5V.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Ive tried the PT3 vs. Aspire for about a month, using only those two.

PT3 pros : fully disassemble-able, great flavor, no leaking/gurgling, heads last a while.
PT3 cons : Vapor is so-so (but still good).

Aspire pros : Excellent vapor, excellent flavor.
Aspire cons : Harder to fully clean in between flavors, had several issues with gurgling, heads have been very problematic- some have lasted me only 10 minutes!!

Cheapest ive seen for heads is $7.99 for 5 PT3 heads, $9.99 for 5 aspire heads.

Ill always have both, but im using PT3 90% of the time. Its just easy and maintenance free, just works. When I take the Aspire outside the house, im always worried my coil may decide to go to pot.

They BOTH suck up a lot of juice BTW.

One thing to be very aware of- you MUST run these at higher voltages than you would vs a single coil. For example, with the 2ohm PT3 heads, you need to set your voltage as if you have ONE FOUR OHM coil. If you run too low, then you will slow-boil your juice on the head and create lots of gunk quickly. Id run the PT3 over 4.2V, and the Aspire 2.2ohm over 4.5V.

So that's the
Kanger Protank 3 with dual coil
protank_3__46907.1386268344.1280.1280.jpg

and the

Aspire BDC steel and glass:

Vivi_Nova_BDC_SS_GLASS_Open_WM__42101.1383195762.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread