Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I can't see a ProVape mod come back. They sell skins now you don't have to buy 20 over priced mods so your shirt matches which is what kept them in business.

Some of the market's earliest wraps were ones for ProVape mods, and theirs is not what I'd call a particularly unique scenario. In fact, it appears to be the same for many devices-in-high-regard.

Off the top of my head, and in addition to ProVape, I can think of:

• iHybrid
  • Zen/HOH
  • Reos
  • Billet Box
  • SunBox
  • Dani
  • SvoeMesto
  • Squid (a recent addition, but similar patterns growing)
  • One might even count iSticks & Picos as having built such followings
I'm sure there are others, but I'm still nursing my first cup.

Vapers have shown a propensity to reward vendors they really like with more business, even if that meant changing nothing but a color. If I were an unaffiliated investor, looking for prospects, that might be one of the key traits I looked for, based on historical evidence. It appears to be a common thread throughout the most successful vape vendors to date.

I agree that I don't think they're coming back (although I did wonder), but I'd say it's more their choice than the market's. They could have done many things with the line, and they knew it, but they weren't willing to go those route. That's not a statement of judgment, neither good nor bad, but simply the facts as they were/are.

I'd say they did okay though, all things considered. I doubt they're living on beans & Ramen Noodles these days.

Now, what shirt to wear; what shirt to wear... :rolleyes:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I had seriously hoped that Zen would have purchased Provape. He was the ultimate fan of the Provari. He literally had every color version of the 2.5 Provari and had the pic to prove it. (He was a frequent visitor on the Provape forum here on ECF right before they closed.) He basically designed his House of Hybrid's ZNA regulated mod to be similar to a Provari but with a DNA chipset. He invented the ZenCoat finish that was made famous on a Provari. More than anybody else, he would have done Provape proud.

61495_704418532926024_438547714_n.jpg

House of Hybrids ZNA

feced2bdf8d18bd75e091b8a84495873--electronic-cigarettes-gold.jpg
ZenKote Provari

What about Evolv? Although Evolv (Darwin mod, Kick, and DNA chipset) and Provape were competitors, rumor has it that they frequently consulted one another behind closed doors.

But since the "clues" seem to point to a Chinese buyer, what about a company like Innokin or Aspire? Pbusardo and Demitri have ties with both companies, perhaps they dropped a hint to one or the other that purchasing Provape could be a good thing for them. Already has that iconic name and a relatively new state of the art factory available. One can dream I guess.

(Please, please don't let it be SMOK) :eek:

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I had seriously hoped that Zen would have purchased Provape. He was the ultimate fan of the Provari. He literally had every color version of the 2.5 Provari and had the pic to prove it. (He was a frequent visitor on the Provape forum here on ECF right before they closed.) He basically designed his House of Hybrid's ZNA regulated mod to be similar to a Provari but with a DNA chipset. He invented the ZenCoat finish that was made famous on a Provari. More than anybody else, he would have done Provape proud.

feced2bdf8d18bd75e091b8a84495873--electronic-cigarettes-gold.jpg
ZenKote Provari

What about Evolv? Although Evolv (Darwin mod) and Provape were competitors, rumor has it that they frequently consulted one another behind closed doors.

But since the "clues" seem to point to a Chinese buyer, what about a company like Innokin or Aspire? Pbusardo and Demitri have ties with both companies, perhaps they dropped a hint to one or the other that purchasing Provape could be a good thing for them. Already has that iconic name and a new state of the art factory available. One can dream I guess.

(Please, please don't let it be SMOK)

Nope ... sorry, some of us were willing to pay 'more' not only for the percieved quality but the fact it was USA made.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Nope ... sorry, some of us were willing to pay 'more' not only for the percieved quality but the fact it was USA made.
Not clear about your point. The Provape factory is in Spokane, Washington sitting dormant. I would assume whoever purchases the Provape francise, would own the factory and continue to work out of that factory using USA employees. The machinery is already set up to make Provari's. Granted, corporate decisions might come from China (?) depending upon who ultimately owns it.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Not clear about your point. The Provape factory is in Spokane, Washington sitting dormant. I would assume whoever purchases the Provape francise, would own the factory and continue to work out of that factory using USA employees. The machinery is already set up to make Provari's. Granted, corporate decisions might come from China (?) depending upon who ultimately owns it.

Is it really? Wow.

That's some serious real-estate to be hanging onto. I'd have thought they'd sold that off almost before the doors clicked closed.

Now I KNOW they're not living on beans & Ramens! Good for them. :thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
He invented the ZenCoat finish that was made famous on a Provari.

And remains the by-far best finish in the market, with nothing even close. I carry mine with reckless abandon, and never even need to give it a thought.

Amazing.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is it really? Wow.

That's some serious real-estate to be hanging onto. I'd have thought they'd sold that off almost before the doors clicked closed.

Now I KNOW they're not living on beans & Ramens! Good for them. :thumb:

In 2014, Pbusardo visited the new Provape factory. You can't watch this without being extremely impressed with Provape.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
My understanding is when Provape decided to quit they quit all the way. Sold off all assets including plant and equipment. Lock, stock, and barrel. The value of their name is it gives someone else a jump start when people like us try to re-live the past. But the product they design and make will not be made by the same people. For all intents and purposes it will be a completely different company unless they have the Provari designs and want to make them again (but I don't see that as a winner anymore).

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I love how we are on the great search of "What is it," like in HIGH hopes regardless even though we all know it's gonna not be Provaris, and if anything SOMEWHAT offensive to provaris.

Well, since My contribution has been commenting, I suppose I should have used the ya'll in this instance, especially since it is both one of the best contractions ever invented and can also be the source of high drama and excitement when it comes to spelling it or pronouncing it correctly. Etc.

Anna

You nailed it. There’s no way this is the revival of the ProVari and in fact it will most likely be an affront to what was a solid and universally respected brand in ProVape. Oh well. Such is life.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Im adamant percieved value is actual value, unsurpassed, unequaled by any competition. Cant imagine another hardware
manufacturer with similar stories of usage. My ProVaris have held up under extreme daily use for years! Id read about someone finding their tube ProVari in farm field after at least full year of feeeze, plowing, tilling, when cleaned and fresh battery put in: fired.
Whether made in USA or anywhere its hard to argue we ProVarinatti were paying too much.(employing US states persons and service w/out customs is bonus)
This is age old argument here, prolly archived in PV heaven.
Peace.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

First, I'm not a buy a USA product over an import (Japanese, Chinese, European, etc) just because it's made in the USA. But I do like buying products made 'here'. That was my point. I wasn't tying to be snobbish implying USA makes the best products and foreign products are shoddy.

Also, regardless if the Provape name was bought by a USA interest or foreign interest ... me thinks they are just trying to capitalize on the reputation built up by the original company. I certainly wouldn't jump on the bandwagon of a 'new' Provape until/unless they proved overtime they were up to at least the level of the original company.

Someone else mentioned it, and I kind of recall reading it too ... that 'everything' was liquidated when Provape closed the doors.

Im adamant percieved value is actual value

I used 'percieved' in an attempt to avoid and back and forth about the quality of a Provape product compared to 'other' products. I've got a slew of Provape products some going on 6+ years old still working like the day I got 'em. And they've been daily drivers, I think that speaks a lot about the 'percieved' quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread