Will ProVape return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
With the new news about the 2018 date changing to 2022, anyone here think ProVape might make a comeback? I really miss not having a company (USA) to buy a premium vaping device from and am already fed up with dealing with mods made in China, the quality and control is just not there!

Please ProVape...COME BACK!

If this should be placed in a different forum please do so, I felt this was the best place for it though.

Thanks!

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
No.

They liquidated everything and pretty much retired.

But, even if they had a mind to, it wouldn't make financial sense.

The quality of mods has gotten so good, at such a low price point, that there isn't much of a market left for high dollar PVs.

Last edited:

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
No.

They liquidated everything and pretty much retired.

But, even if they had a mind to, it wouldn't make financial sense to.

The quality of mods has gotten so good, at such a low price point, that there isn't much of a market left for high dollar PVs.

There is a market for it. Dicodes are selling well and they are just as pricey as provape was. People don't have a problem dropping a couple hundred or more for a quality mod. You may not and that's fine but t not everyone thinks the same way or has the same taste.

Btw. The quality of Chinese mods hasn't really gotten much better. They are cheap so people just tend to buy a new one and accept the failings. Some have improved but they are no where near the level of provape or dicodes and the ones that come close aren't but $50-$100 cheaper.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Provape products are solid and great devices. It was a shock they closed but it's been said that someone bought their technology so maybe some kind of device might appear. But If that company does not have Provape's commitment to quality and safety it won't be the same thing.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I think starting up a business with only a five year window before you may be forced to shut down is pointless. The FDA has made it highly unlikely that we will see any substantial US manufacturer enter the market with that threat.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
They made a great product, they made a boatload of money, they earned a huge market success and fan base, and they saw the writing on the wall, got out while the gettin' was good. They sold off all the manufacturing equipment and proprietary intellectual property, whatever that means, so best hope is that they sold the shematics and design concepts for their boards and mods and maybe whoever bought that intellectual property will manufacture a product with that information and hopefully product quality control, but I'm not holding my breath...they retired and walked away from the table....game over.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
There is a market for it. Dicodes are selling well and they are just as pricey as provape was. People don't have a problem dropping a couple hundred or more for a quality mod. You may not and that's fine but t not everyone thinks the same way or has the same taste.

Btw. The quality of Chinese mods hasn't really gotten much better. They are cheap so people just tend to buy a new one and accept the failings. Some have improved but they are no where near the level of provape or dicodes and the ones that come close aren't but $50-$100 cheaper.

The quality of Chinese mods is quite a bit better these days.

All those DNA boards out there in relatively inexpensive mods compared to ProVape? They are "good enough" in the words of Zen~ the last time I talked to him.

Not to mention a whole slew of Asian boards which are very, very, good now.

That doesn't mean they are ProVape quality but, you know, generally, people don't much care.

Sure, there is a market for high end mods. I happen to be part of that market myself, but it is not as large as it once was.

Certainly Dicodes are terrific mods, and if I should happen to need something in the near future, that's where I'd head, but
They are not selling anything like the numbers the DNAs are.

Which is besides the point: The question was, whether or not ProVari would return and the answer is, no way, not as we knew and loved them

BTW, all I use are ProVaris.

Last edited:

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Yea I was thinking about going the Dicodes route too but from what I've read with the latest FDA update, the "rules", once implemented won't be as "harsh" as they were when first released last year. I mean the FDA finally admitting that vaping is "healthier" than smoking was a shock for most of us to hear to begin with. I feel much better about the future of vaping now after this.

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I think starting up a business with only a five year window before you may be forced to shut down is pointless. The FDA has made it highly unlikely that we will see any substantial US manufacturer enter the market with that threat.

From what I've read, being forced to shut down because of crazy rules and policies isn't as likely as we once feared just a year ago.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

:thumb:

The difference between now and when I bought my first Provi is such that it would be difficult to express accurately, even on a Likert Scale. Even the cheap stuff is pretty dayum good now (not without exception, but still...).

Besides, the last I heard they were lounging it in luxury somewhere. They'd be crazy to come back now, especially since this is but a temporary reprieve (at the moment). I hope they don't anyway - for THEIR sake, not mine.

We served them well, and they did the exact same in return. They deserve everything they walked away with (at least in my opinion).

:thumbs:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Going easy on vaping as a matter of policy, is not the same thing as vaping being supported by the law.

Having some vape-friendly officials in charge atm is nice, but not the same thing.

The FDA is still the final arbiter as empowered by Congress.

People come and people go.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali

All those DNA boards out there in relatively inexpensive mods compared to ProVape? They are "good enough" in the words of Zen~ the last time I talked to him.

Not to mention a whole slew of Asian boards which are very, very, good now.

That doesn't mean they are ProVape quality but, you know, generally, people don't much care.

Sure, there is a market for high end mods. I happen to be part of that market myself, but it is not as large as it once was.

Certainly Dicodes are terrific mods, and if I should happen to need something in the near future, that's where I'd head, but
They are not selling anything like the numbers the DNAs are.

Which is besides the point: The question was, whether or not ProVari would return and the answer is, no way, not as we knew and loved them

BTW, all I use are ProVaris.

Those Chinese DNA mods are fine when it comes to the board and I steer people to them, but they have issues in other areas. Yihi's last few boards have been good but the good yihi mods run in the $200 range.

Zen said he tried to buy provape but failed to get funding because of the deeming regs and once that failed provape sold off all the equipment, building and intellectual property. They won't be coming back.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
From what I've read, being forced to shut down because of crazy rules and policies isn't as likely as we once feared just a year ago.
Politically speaking, five years is a LONG time. A lot can change between now and then, and there's absolutely no way to guarantee that things will go in our favor. "We" have received a stay of execution, not a full pardon.

That being said, I don't see Provape coming back, although I wish they would. I own several of their products and like them all, and I wouldn't have a problem with spending the money for more of them.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
I don't think Provape will be back on business as they once were. Their choice was a circumstantial one, and circumstances haven't changed much, a threat has become the promise a threat, that's it.
But there is room for hope. Here in the UK, in year 2010 vaping was on the verge of being banned; six years later, the situation has reversed completely, with vaping being recommended by the national health system to pregnant woman and other categories of persons that, for a reason or another, are unable to quit smoking.
The implementation delay in the US is very, very important; it allows for the reversal to happen. It was once called the "politics of the little steps": Somebody provided hope; now, deeds must and will follow; because vapers are backed by the strength of rightness, a winning value in its own merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread