provari 2.5 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA
AW's are considered good quality batteries. Since the listed mah rating is more or less whatever the manufacturer decided to put on the label, I wouldn't choose a battery based primarily on the advertised number. I know that there are also some Panasonic hybrids and some Orbtronic batteries that get a lot of mention here on ECF. But, I don't know the model numbers and I don't know if they are appropriate for use in a Provari.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You definitely want IMR-type batteries (high-drain, safer-chemistry) and the button top variety, regardless of the brand.

Provape stresses to use only AW IMR button-top batteries for the Provari. AW has a long standing reputation as one of the more consistant and safest batteries that you can buy. I agree with vangOgh that you shouldn't choose a battery based solely on the mAh rating. There are no standards that manufacturers need to follow as to the rating that they claim. A lower mAh battery of high quality is better than a higher mAh battery of lower quality.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
I have a ..... ton of AW batts, I lucked up and caught a sale on them from Provape (they were cheaper than what most places charge for Efests) when I ordered my Provari. Having said that, I have been useing the Orbtronic PD2900s a lot latley. They out last my AWs almost 2 to 1. I know Provape recommends that only AWs be used (I'm keeping an eye out for the "Duty Car") so use at your own risk.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
ok I know on the website they recommend AW but the actual downloadable manual doesnt. AW seems to have the most consistency with the button tops working.
they are great batteries for quality.
but hands down this is the wickedest battery around for the provari, i have 4 now and go days without charging.
NCR18650PD High Drain Panasonic 18650 2900 mAh Li-ion Battery free shipping from Florida

it doesnt have to be from orbtronics just make sure its the PD model highdrain.

Hippieangst

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Statesboro, GA
ok I know on the website they recommend AW but the actual downloadable manual doesnt. AW seems to have the most consistency with the button tops working.
but hands down this is the wickedest battery around for the provari, i have 4 now and go days without charging.
NCR18650PD High Drain Panasonic 18650 2900 mAh Li-ion Battery free shipping from Florida

Typical story of a vaper...out of stock...:(

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
orbtronics is constantly hammered, lol between us and the flashlight guys we keep him busy. great people and always guaranteed to be A rated batteries.

many sites now carry this battery, it will be green i think without the orbronics label. but has to be the PD i know there is a 2900 without the pd and its not high drain.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
There is two different 2900s that I have seen with out the "PD" ones protected and the other is a flat top. Run time for the PD2900 is crazy long, great folks, you order two they come in fitted foam with a free case. They don't seem to take much longer to charge then my AWs either. If they are sold out, they restock really quick so just keep watching.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA

I have heard those panasonics were nice, if anyone knows of a reliable site that has 18490's please post

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia

Thanks Thrasher. Just my luck though..... OUT OF STOCK. Grrrr.

Leithan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Fort Irwin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread