Status
Not open for further replies.

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
Looking forward to a 3.0!
The only thing that kept me from a ProVari was the one-button menu system and its coded display. Even my Speak 'N Spell could display alpha numeric characters correctly, I'm sure we still have that technology today.
When I'm vaping, I like to continually make small adjustments to my voltage, and the ProVari makes it a process. I could live with its other issues (no reasonable pass-thru, cost, etc) I would have no problem buying one.
Till 3.0, I am happy with my eVics display and controls.

thebong24

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
Please explain!

Nicer if they have mechanical mod coz they have nice quality build on the ProVari...this means not mechanically button... a full body mechanical mod...u dig? Like a FULL MECHANICAL!:) on the body of a ProVari...I repeat no wires no fuzz just FULL MECHANICAL...got it :banghead:

sent from mars

thebong24

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
Looking forward to a 3.0!
The only thing that kept me from a ProVari was the one-button menu system and its coded display. Even my Speak 'N Spell could display alpha numeric characters correctly, I'm sure we still have that technology today.
When I'm vaping, I like to continually make small adjustments to my voltage, and the ProVari makes it a process. I could live with its other issues (no reasonable pass-thru, cost, etc) I would have no problem buying one.
Till 3.0, I am happy with my eVics display and controls.

Trust me I first had that issues too (when I dont have my ProVari yet) but once u got it in ur hands the button is really not that bad...its intuitive...

sent from mars

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Sorry, no I don't get it. Provape's FAQ section.

Q: Are electronic switches better than mechanical switches?

A: Yes. Properly designed electronic switches can last much longer than a mechanical switch. Modern electronics are built for long life and high reliability. An electronic switch can't get corrosion or scorching on its contacts like mechanical switches often do. Finally, electronic switches offer additional safety features that are unavailable with mechanical switches.

Nicer if they have mechanical mod coz they have nice quality build on the ProVari...this means not mechanically button... a full body mechanical mod...u dig? Like a FULL MECHANICAL!:) on the body of a ProVari...I repeat no wires no fuzz just FULL MECHANICAL...got it :banghead:

sent from mars

thebong24

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas

A: Yes. Properly designed electronic switches can last much longer than a mechanical switch. Modern electronics are built for long life and high reliability. An electronic switch can't get corrosion or scorching on its contacts like mechanical switches often do. Finally, electronic switches offer additional safety features that are unavailable with mechanical switches.

Ok to explain it to u again... my original post is it would be a lot nicer if they will make a full mechanical ProVari to compete woth some mechanical out now... I know what safety between electronic and mechanical I know the difference of the 2 since I mtself own both... what I just trying to say is it would be nicer if any case they will make a mech mod...understand?

sent from mars

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I understood your post, but I was just pointing out Provape's stance on mechanical. I seriously doubt they would ever be interested. They also wouldn't be interested in a screen that shows puff counts and what not like SOME people insist on!

Ok to explain it to u again... my original post is it would be a lot nicer if they will make a full mechanical ProVari to compete woth some mechanical out now... I know what safety between electronic and mechanical I know the difference of the 2 since I mtself own both... what I just trying to say is it would be nicer if any case they will make a mech mod...understand?

sent from mars

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

sent from mars

I get it, but that doesn't seem to really be Provape's thing. They are into electronics, even the Provape1 is loaded with electronics and it's nothing more than a glorified BB. Not that it's a bad device, Provape just likes to incorporate the safety features into their builds.
I think their logic is "If you want a solid mechanical mod, buy one, if you want the safety features we provide, buy from us."

SRusackas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
San Diego, CA
Hahaha nahh id love to have the evic in my collection but I just have too many. ..prolly in the future ;)

sent from mars
Agreed! I could not ever be hardware monogamous.THeres too much good stuff out there. APV's are turning into a mood thing for me now. Pick the one that suits the mood. Sometimes I want fiddly. Sometimes I dont.
Thank God for vaping. Analogs were so boring.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan

I would agree with their answer, except the "yes" part. There are three advantages of mechanical switches:
1. They are possible to clean in case of corrosion
2. They are possible to replace in case of scorching
3. As far as ecig switches go, it's easier to create an "overkill" switch. Most mechanical switches used in mods have contact areas tens of times bigger than required.

I realize that Provari switch is likely much better than the $3 horn switches I've taken apart. Their contact areas were similar to a finishing nail. That is sufficient to handle 12v at 5amp. VMod's mechanical contact is about 1/4" in diameter.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I'm not faintest bit interested what Provape brings out next, as they are a low-innovation and status quo based company. Joyetech are the guys to watch. The eVic has only been out for a few months and is already by leaps and bounds the all-time APV top-seller.

Sorry, I didn't read the rest of this thread but just had to say this about the quote above. THAT is the funniest statement I've ever heard in the 3+ years I've been vaping! Too funny!

thebong24

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
I would agree with their answer, except the "yes" part. There are three advantages of mechanical switches:
1. They are possible to clean in case of corrosion
2. They are possible to replace in case of scorching
3. As far as ecig switches go, it's easier to create an "overkill" switch. Most mechanical switches used in mods have contact areas tens of times bigger than required.

I realize that Provari switch is likely much better than the $3 horn switches I've taken apart. Their contact areas were similar to a finishing nail. That is sufficient to handle 12v at 5amp. VMod's mechanical contact is about 1/4" in diameter.

I second that

sent from mars

thebong24

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
I get it, but that doesn't seem to really be Provape's thing. They are into electronics, even the Provape1 is loaded with electronics and it's nothing more than a glorified BB. Not that it's a bad device, Provape just likes to incorporate the safety features into their builds.
I think their logic is "If you want a solid mechanical mod, buy one, if you want the safety features we provide, buy from us."

I have a solid mech mod I even have 3 2.5 and 2 minis... I guess u just dont get my point... what the heck I still want wifi on my ProVari so I can browse while vaping on it!

sent from mars

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I think Sawalight, and myself both get your point. We just politely disagree with it.

I have a solid mech mod I even have 3 2.5 and 2 minis... I guess u just dont get my point... what the heck I still want wifi on my ProVari so I can browse while vaping on it!

sent from mars

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas

sent from mars

I think Sawalight, and myself both get your point. We just politely disagree with it.

This!
It would be intriguing for sure, but we've got Legacy's, GG's, Caravela's etc already, how do they improve on that? Make the switch easier to take apart maybe? I dunno, to me it's like if Faceless came out with a VV Ihybrid, man, can you hear the purist screaming over that?

thebong24

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2011
Las Vegas
Thats why its my own opinion and u dont have to agree with it but what to agree if ure just dreaming there will be an airtravel with a car than in the land? So if someone says 'if' there is no point to it but thats just 'if' simple as that and it doesnt have to be realistic... u have to be open minded if u want to be in the forum not thats because u disagree of something we all know its not gonna happen... the other one pointed out switches I pointed out full mech the other one points something different geezh if ure smart enough then read it well before commenting... its like u got nothing nice to say then dont say if u can back that up then do ur research... I know what is ProVari and the safety that they have and I dont need any advice for that...I know what full mechs r capable r for...ive been vaping for the last 4 years and I dont need anyones help... if I must ill out a thread or ask anyone else....u dont have to copy and paste information or to educate me about device like this... by the way this thread is an 'if' and 'what' would they be adding on 3.0 if possible... so u get my point now? U dont agree then all u have to say is u dont agree...understand? Simple as that... now...LETS VAPE!:beer:

sent from mars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread