Provari 5 days old not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received my provari 2.5 last Monday and used it until Thursday with no issues. Have a pro tank 2 on it. It was working great and I went to refill it and suddenly no vapor. There is power as the led lights up but no vapor is produced. I have no error codes and the Ao check says open so obviously it is not connecting the circuit to the protank.

I cleaned the connections and even put on a brand new protank and coil as well as a new battery.

I contacted provape and they said they know of an issue with the rubber sealing rings in the protank preventing a connection to the provari.

Anyone else having this problem? I'm feeling rather upset at the dollar amount spent on the system only to not have it work consistently. I mean my cheapo ego knockoff works more consistently than this!

Does anyone have a fix or can recommend another tank or clearo to use with the provari?

Im in a chain vaper so I don't think the 510 atty will work for me.

Any my help or suggestions are highly appreciated.

skex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Austin Tx USA
The Coil in the protank actually screws into the base. if it isn't screwed in completely and properly then the post won't stick out far enough to make contact and it won't make a good connection. I actually managed to get mine jammed up to the point where it took pliers to disassemble. should be a pretty simple fix just take the bottom cap off unscrew the coil, screw it back in being careful to avoid cross threading and then reassemble.

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
If the above suggestions don't work, you can try to pull the bottom pin on the coil out a bit so it can make contact with the 510 connection of your Provari. Take a small pick or a paper clip. Put it into the hole in the pin and pull it up a little bit. This should help the head make contact with the connector. Hope this helps.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
Is the Protank the only head you've got? Noting that you are not getting any resistance reading gives credence to a bad connection at the tank. If you got anther device try that to make sure, but I 'll give odds that its the tank.

Does the center pin on the Protank look recessed into it's 510 connector? If so, try to pull it out a bit so that it is at least flush or slightly protruding.

Strongbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Corona, California, United States
I had a similar issue, and was extremley frustrated until I realized that the contact on the atomizer wasn't touching the contact on the provari. The Provari saying the atomizer is "OPEN" means it's not making a good contact.

Are you using a beauty ring? Sometimes this causes this issue... you need to adjust your contact on the pro tank

I don't have a pro tank to check it... but can you screw adjust the bottom contact on those??

Last edited:

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
Curse that grommet... Yes Provape is right, Kanger needs to figure out a better way to allow give on the heads, There is a white grommet/insulator that has a dual function on the head, It's first function is to hold the coil leads, The second is to allow give when attached to a device.

Provape is aware of the zero airflow issue, and tells you not to tighten it down all the way, what they don't know is the airflow is also blocked by that same grommet, they think it is the flush fit to the device.

Anyway, so when you tighten it all the way down to the device and then back it off to allow airflow it can sometimes trap that center contact post up inside the base because of the grommet expanding.

Then when you back it off it will fail to make contact after because it is being held up inside, Try wiggling the contact post back out and then only tighten it down till it will fire the coil...(I would try this first to be sure it's the issue before doing this next part)

Ok, so... what you can do to fix this is shave the head. Get a vice or pliers and compress the head "VERY LIGHTLY" then shave the bulging grommet flush, This will allow better air flow and fix the stuck post issue.
After this it can be tightened snug to the device with no more airflow issues or stuck posts... Kill 2 birds with one stone, Just don't get over excited when shaving that grommet, remember it is an insulator for your coil ends.

Have fun and vape on!!!

After thought, Don't twist or completely pull that contact post out, It can be a pain to get it back in without knocking the leads loose... and if you twist it, it could possibly cross the leads inside and short it out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread