Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
Where is the best place to buy Provari batteries from?
I just tried ProVape and their shipping cost to Australia was huge.
Is there anywhere else?
Thanks in advance:vapor:

Lighthound and Clouds of Vapor are two off the top of my head.

Dunno what the shipping will be like though.

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I've had good service from the guys below

TrustFire TF18650 2400mAh 3.7V Protected li-ion Battery ( 2 pcs )

You can also look at the LiMN, but they are the flat top so you will need spacer magnets to get them to work on the Provari (you can order these from Dealextreme)

AW IMR is LiMN and has a button top. People have been using this in the Provari since it came out, no spacer required. It's the recommended battery to use with it due to IMR having higher current draw capabilities.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I thought you weren't supposed to use TrustFire in your Provari??

I'm not a battery expert but I was told be someone who I think is that you can use Any 18650 3.7v that you want but Three things should be considered.

Protection: A Must Have. So you either get a battery with Protection or you get one that is considered "Safe Chemistry" ie NiMh.

Internal Resistance: If your going to vape at High Voltages with a VVPV that a Lower Internal Resistance lets the VVPV perform better. That is why the AW IMR High Drain Batteries are recomended.

Quality and Testing: Some Batteries are Poor Qaulity and are Only 'Spot" tested if all.

Me. I don't ever use my Provari over 4.3 or 4.4 volts. So I don't see a huge benifit to AW IMR Batteries. And I can pick up more mAh by not using them.

I still buy AW batteries because I believe that they are Good Quality Batteries.

Like I said, I'm not a Battery Expert so feel free to correct me if I have made any Glaring Mistakes.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
I'm not a battery expert but I was told be someone who I think is that you can use Any 18650 3.7v that you want but Three things should be considered.

Protection: A Must Have. So you either get a battery with Protection or you get one that is considered "Safe Chemistry" ie NiMh.

What does it mean if a battery is protected?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What does it mean if a battery is protected?

A Protected Battery is a Battery that has some kind of Built In circuit that doesn’t allow the battery to Except or to Discharge more than a Safe amount of voltage for a given amount of Unit Time.

In short, what it means is if the battery wants to do something that it can’t handle, the Circuit stops things from happening before they get out of hand and the Battery Explode or Catches Fire.

“Safe Chemistry” Batteries have No Protection because they aren’t made of Materials that can Easily Explode or Easily Catch Fire. Ni-Mh Batteries are considered Safe Chemistry.

But Li-Ion Batteries Can Explode and Easily Catch Fire so they should be Protected.

jpracing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Philippines
A Protected Battery is a Battery that has some kind of Built In circuit that doesn’t allow the battery to Except or to Discharge more than a Safe amount of voltage for a given amount of Unit Time.

In short, what it means is if the battery wants to do something that it can’t handle, the Circuit stops things from happening before they get out of hand and the Battery Explode or Catches Fire.

“Safe Chemistry” Batteries have No Protection because they aren’t made of Materials that can Easily Explode or Easily Catch Fire. Ni-Mh Batteries are considered Safe Chemistry.

But Li-Ion Batteries Can Explode and Easily Catch Fire so they should be Protected.

Thanks for the knowledge :)

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
Last edited:

Vintagecharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
Australia
It sounds right to me. Thanks

Internal Resistance: If your going to vape at High Voltages with a VVPV that a Lower Internal Resistance lets the VVPV perform better. That is why the AW IMR High Drain Batteries are recomended.

Quality and Testing: Some Batteries are Poor Qaulity and are Only 'Spot" tested if all.

Me. I don't ever use my Provari over 4.3 or 4.4 volts. So I don't see a huge benifit to AW IMR Batteries. And I can pick up more mAh by not using them.

I still buy AW batteries because I believe that they are Good Quality Batteries.

Like I said, I'm not a Battery Expert so feel free to correct me if I have made any Glaring Mistakes.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the knowledge :)

It sounds right to me. Thanks

No problem.

The key is that the Battery has to have some knid of Protection. Either via a Built in Circuit or that it's made of what is considered Safe Chemistry.

I only buy the AW Brand because they don't cost much more that the other brands out there and they seem to be some of the Highest Quality Batteries I can find.

Seems Silly to me to buy a $200 VVPV mod and then to Cheap Out and try to save $2.39 or so on a so-so Battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread