Provari V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I might be a bit late to the party on this one, but I did a search and only found archived threads for provari V3.

So, here's the deal.

My local vape shop owner told me today that Provari has a new model coming out (look at pbusardo's Provari tour, he hints that they're working on a new model). The owner told me that Provari is going to be allowing each distributor to purchase one demo/test version of the "new" Provari to test out and give feedback on for 30 days, and if the feedback is good, then Provape will release the new model for retail sale.

Has anyone else heard about this? I've been putting off buying a Provari for a few months now, but if they're coming out with a new one, I might have to buy the V3 (Hopefully it's VW, I like VV but variable wattage is SOOO much nicer).

Thanks for feedback, I want to know if anyone else has heard this or if I'm the first one.

I'll be first in line, you can have the second one :p.

Yeah, I guess there's no definite word out yet on the V3, but my local shop owner said he heard it from Provape HQ that it's definitely on the way, and he's got one reserved for evaluation use. Unless he's full of BS, I think we might see a Provari 3 within a few months.

Lemwise76

Apr 20, 2014
Netherlands
I was going to wait for the 3rd generation but with new regulations set to be in place in october in the Netherlands I've opted for a Dicodes Dani Extreme. It's just taking too long for Provape to release the new model and since it's not clear if the new model can be sold here legally once the new regulations have hit the streets I'm playing it safe.

SINphul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA
I was going to wait for the 3rd generation but with new regulations set to be in place in october in the Netherlands I've opted for a Dicodes Dani Extreme. It's just taking too long for Provape to release the new model and since it's not clear if the new model can be sold here legally once the new regulations have hit the streets I'm playing it safe.

The Dani Extreme is an excellent alternative. Love mine :)

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    There is also the new Provari Dragon model, which is only being sold by Provapes authorized dealers.. IE- B&Ms which carry provaris legally. They had some blems on clearance the other day but otherwise they're not selling them direct.

Just mentioning it.. it could be this dragon model which is the new model, and not the V3. Just putting it out there.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 7, 2014
    Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
    There is also the new Provari Dragon model, which is only being sold by Provapes authorized dealers.. IE- B&Ms which carry provaris legally. They had some blems on clearance the other day but otherwise they're not selling them direct.

Just mentioning it.. it could be this dragon model which is the new model, and not the V3. Just putting it out there.

Nope, 3rd gen is definitely in the works.
    Nothing but speculation as to when it will be out and what will be different.

Given the trend for 30w plus devices (that are also getting cheaper and cheaper) most seem to think at the least it will be more powerful.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md

Nope, Provari Dragon is just one of the LE etched/engraved Stainless tube designs

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA

The Dani Extreme is an excellent alternative. Love mine :)
    Forgive my ignorance, but who makes the chipset for the Dani series? Is it a proprietary chipset?

Glad to see some responses, looks like almost everyone is excited about the V3 Provari.

My local shop owner is aware of the dragon Provari, but said it's something different entirely. He doesn't know when it will be released or what the features are, but he's almost as excited as I am.

I cannot wait to see the V3! I have used my Provari for just about 3 years with absolutely no issues (even after my slight abuse caused by dropping). I trust the company and their quality control and know that it will be amazing. I can just imagine what new features it will have.

Dropping your provari shouldn't hurt it any. When I started getting into VV/VW mods, I was talking with the local shop owner about his Provari, and he mentioned how durable it was. To prove his point, he set it on the counter, then "accidentally" dropped it onto the linoleum floor. My heart stopped for a second, then there was a loud THUD, and he picked it up and said "oops" casually, then started using it again, the Provari didn't miss a beat. I was so impressed I wanted one right then and there, but my wallet disagreed ^_^.

All in all though, the build quality, the looks, and the functionality of the Provari make me want one just as soon as I get an extra $200 - maybe more if the V3 is released sometime soon :D

DreC

Jun 10, 2013
    USA
    What impressed me from watching the walk through was how quality control is involved in every single step. All of that and yet one of the best mods out there is still only $170. Compared to my Hana V3 @ $250 when it came with flaw in the paint, badly done connections, & the plexi window has not been set in place correctly, plus an e-mail to the manufacture never received a response... Mechanicals can be beautiful, but you really have to wonder why a tube (and I have a few, see sig) costs more than a Provari.

What impressed me from watching the walk through was how quality control is involved in every single step. All of that and yet one of the best mods out there is still only $170. Compared to my Hana V3 @ $250 when it came with flaw in the paint, badly done connections, & the plexi window has not been set in place correctly, plus an e-mail to the manufacture never received a response... Mechanicals can be beautiful, but you really have to wonder why a tube (and I have a few, see sig) costs more than a Provari.

I know what you mean, sometimes the top dollar products aren't always what they're cracked up to be. I recently bought a no-logo "chana" from ebay, I love the 30 watts but I refuse to call it a Hana because it's not authentic. It's really nice, I love it, but I don't think I'd pay full price for one. The Provari on the other hand is another story - after watching the walkthrough tour and using one a few times, I'd definitely spend the money buying a real one.

And for what it's worth, I think I'm one of the few people left who won't buy clones of American-made products. I'll buy a Philippine-made clone or Greek or EU-made clone any day of the week, but when it comes to American stuff, if it's got the logo on it, it better be authentic.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 7, 2014
    Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
    If they can get to somewhere around the power range of Dna30 then I will say I will finally mark myself as a potential customer.

And for what it's worth, I think I'm one of the few people left who won't buy clones of American-made products. I'll buy a Philippine-made clone or Greek or EU-made clone any day of the week, but when it comes to American stuff, if it's got the logo on it, it better be authentic.

So howbout American made copies of imported products like a King mod? :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread