The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari V3

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by l36b, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. roosterado

roosterado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2014
    willmar MN
    Its about 3 to 6 volt and 3 to 20 watt. Same button 6-7 colors. Oled screen reversible for lefties-5 boost settings much more oh flat top removeable replaceable 510 connection

2. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    The folks that vape with regulated devices for the sole purpose to replace smoking are going to outnumber the high watt cloud chasing vapers for years to come.

For vapers like myself ... a Provari topped with a Kayfun is pretty much the end of my vape quest ... it's all about the juice for me now.

I am totally satisfied with this level of cloud and flavour ... it totally blows away any smoke or flavour someone could get from smoking.

3. vlodato

vlodato Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    I own 2 provari and generally use at least one a day. I think the inability for the DNA devices to down regulate is a major drawback. I didn't expect the P3 to due 30+watts but to say the reason they limited it was for safety is a bunch of non sense. As long as the battery can handle it 10 watts is no safer than 30 watts. If it is then someone please explain how so.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

4. dr g

dr g Moved On ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    Source on dna50?
    the dna20 is still available the same as it ever was and I doubt there is a lack of capacity anymore with the new deal in place. if someone wants them they can get them.

heck if you look at the new board in phil's video it says dna 20 v2 or something like that.

Safety is not only in the batteries...

5. tc1

tc1 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Well sure ... the majority of market share belongs to the ciga-like / ego-style pvs. When I say regulated device ... I'm speaking about APVs and not the aforementioned.

I dunno ... I just wish the P3 would at least go to 30 watts. @30 watts with 6mg nic I can be perfectly satisfied. @20 I'd have to bump up my nicotine again and I don't really want to do that. That's primarily why I don't use my Kayfun. With 6mg nic I vape the crap out of a kayfun ... lol.

There's always the option of keeping both 6mg and 12mg at hand but that's kind of a pain ....

I just feel like Provape alienated a segment of their potential customers on this one. People who moved past the V2 (lower wattage devices included) and went into rebuildables who are now looking for a higher wattage regulated vape.

6. tc1

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    In Phil's Evolv videos I thought they mentioned that their DNA20 production machines were running for Innokin .... I could be wrong. As far as the DNA50, there are whispers around the farm about that one (I believe they even hinted about it on Phils videos).

7. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    To the surprise of no one Pbusardo was the first ever. ever. ever. ever. to come out with a video on the P3 today. The styling looks more like Sigelei than Provari and that's a good thing. It's also bigger than Provari and the same size as the Sigelei V5. Lots of nice gizmo features but I don't think I'll be buying one. It will do 3-20W on one battery so that's a good feature at a price point of what will be way over $200. :laugh:

8. dr g

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    right but that's not to say they couldn't restock or fill an order.

hm, i'm pretty plugged in on evolv stuff and i haven't heard dna50 one at all. temperature control is the word from phil's video. but i guess this is OT for this thread.

9. freeatlast!

freeatlast! Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2013
    Kansas, USA
    I don't see anything I need or want on the P3. Happy with what I have! (Thank goodness!!!!)

10. roosterado

roosterado Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2014
    willmar MN
  11. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    And understood. I had similar feelings when DNA 20 came out after a very long wait.

12. HwyApostle

HwyApostle Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Bottom line for me is I have a mod that can do 50 watts (sx350 chip), I have mech mods with safe batts, I can coil what I want.
    I still reach for my provari 2.5 all day long for my all day stable vape. I will be getting a P3 because it continues that stable, works every time mentality I reach for every day.

Is it perfect? of course not, no mod is.
    Is it for everyone? Of course not, no mod is.
    It is that simple.

13. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Looking at the P3 from the Pbusardo video and from the viewpoint of a Sigelei V5 user, I like the P3. It has that familiar Sigelei flat top look. I like the new top cap design, the floating 510 pin and the fact that interchangeable battery tubes will be available out of the box. That's almost as good as having a telescopic tube. The OLED screen display is fantastic and I would no doubt like the new menu features. Will I ever buy one? Mmmaybe. Let's see how the price drops after they start selling it online at Provape. My two Sigelei V3s (one is 16 months old) and the V5 will probably still be working then so it would be a vanity buy.

14. lumberjack

lumberjack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2012
    TX, USA
    If the device allows the configuration in its VV mode, 6 volts at 5 amps is 30 watts (with a 1.2Ω coil).

There should be plenty of room to play between 20W and 30W in VV mode, unless I'm missing something.

EDIT: I had to dig through their Facebook page for the answer: "There are dual limit checks. If it's over 20 watts or greater than 5 amps it will limit the power."

So... 20W it is.

15. Funk Dracula

Funk Dracula Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Earth
    Okay Nostradamus... years to come eh? :D

Show me the Youtube reviewer these days who isn't demonstrating a new product that shines to the high wattage platform seemingly every other review?

It's kind of sort of what a fast growing amount of vapers clearly want.

Cheers

16. WillyZee

WillyZee Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    Yup ... years to come.

The average vapers are never gonna cloud chase ... the average vaper is someone just looking to quit or replace smoking.

Not everybody wants to build and race cars ... most people are content with driving from A to B in a regular car.

Not everybody watches YouTube either.

17. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    midwest
    It is fascinating to me that neither Provape nor Evolv seem to be in any sort of rush to hurl themselves aboard the moar power, moar better train despite the fact that both companies have more than enough technical expertise to do so. Provape and Evolv would be, by far, the two companies that I would most trust above any others to keep a high power vaping device that is held next to one's face reliably safe.

Provape has made it clear that they are not interested in pursuing hot trends nor building for the minuscule power junkie market so I'm baffled why people are unhappy when they follow through with what they have said.

18. Funk Dracula

Funk Dracula Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 7, 2013
    Earth
    Who told you high wattage vaping was only about cloud chasing, and not also about a massively effective nicotine hit that packs density and flavor, and much more closely mimics a real cigarette hit?

Hmmm? :D

True. But if you're not into making up your own make believe statistics, and trying to keep tabs with what is actually coming out from vaping manufacturers, the reviewers are a pretty good barometer, no? It's not like they are hiding a secret stash of new and up and coming "normal devices" in their closet. High wattage isn't a fringe cloud chasing contest thing anymore, it's kind of become a "normal" and expected option.

Cheers

19. tc1

Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Evolv has been pretty aggressive when it comes to power. It really didnt take them long to go from 12 watts to 30 watts when you consider they source materials state side.

I mean ... this isn't China ... where a single factory can go from producing microwaves to lawnmowers nearly over night.

Just because they aren't producing a chip every 3 weeks doesnt mean they aren't aggressive. It's cost prohibited here in the states to do that ... simply not possible.

20. dr g

Mar 12, 2012
    Paradise
    Especially when you're not copying someone else, or using outdated technology!

On another note, I wonder if Provape is paying Evolv to license their patent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.