ProVari: Is it Over the Hill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Hollister,Ca.USA
I read the review linked below which claims that there are new devices that "bests the ProVari in technology" AND "is anywhere from a little to a whole lot less expensive"

Do you agree, and if so please list which make and model you prefer?

I will be watching this thread closely because I intend on buying a new vaporizer. Whatever I choose will be my 8th new vaporizer in the very short 6 months i've discovered this great thing called E-Cigarettes. :)

ProVari: Is it Over the Hill?

Edit: One thing, this article is about a year old.

AND thank you in advance for all of your helpful insights. :2cool:

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
I bowed in and finally bought a ProVari after having bought several other APV's incliding a SID, MVP2, etc. because I needed to see what the hype was about. Since then i have bought 2 more (I like the colors...). Setting for setting I can say the output is more consistent than my other devices and have become my daily vape devices. I still buy other stuff though.

I can't say that you deserve to try it but it's one of those things you have to use before it makes sense. Hopefully Baditude will come in and express this with more eloquence.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Actually about everything that needs be said has already been said:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/5569-13-why-provari.html

If you can find a mod that does what it does as well, is as well built AND has a 4 year track record of doing so, let me know and I will swap tomorrow.

It's not the ONLY mod. But I use mine 99.9% of the time. The only time I don't is when the form factor itself becomes an inconvenience. Such as overnight travelling. Their "all in one design" make my MVP's much easier to travel with and I have my MVP's strictly for out of town overnight trips.

I've read the article you quoted and also the "Why ProVari" Blog I linked above.

Those two pieces should provide you with more than enough information to make an informed decision. I'm bowing out now before it becomes one of the countless ProVari vs the World debates that always seems to occur.

And BTW.. I agree with Miata GT....Words and pictures are never enough. You have to use one to understand. Some had the faith to buy one on their own simply based on the words of others. Other more thick headed people like myself had to actually use on at a Vape Meet to know what everyone was talking about.

Last edited:

LDS714

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
I dunno. They kind of remind me of a Shure SM57 or 58, the all-purpose 'do anything' microphone of the sound reinforcement world. They're good for almost anything - vocals, drums, guitar amps, guitars, propping doors open, rolling dough and hammering nails. Nearly indestructible and if they do break, you send 'em back to the manufacturer for a fast, affordable repair.

Are they the latest, flashiest thing out there? Not even close. Is their look copied the world over at various levels of quality? You bet.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I pretty much summed up what I have to say in the blog that I wrote. There's at least a dozen links to previous threads like this one in that blog, and the fact remains that nothing has really changed in the four years since the Provari hit the market.

There has yet to be a easily accessable, mass-produced variable voltage mod which has the proven over time record for dependability, reliability, durability, consistancy, and functionality of a Provari. Add in the factor of the arguably superior smoother vaping experience and availability of repair service for life.

It's been said many times before, you have to own a Provari to appreciate its finer points.

Why Provari?

Last edited:

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Hollister,Ca.USA
Actually about everything that needs be said has already been said:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/5569-13-why-provari.html

If you can find a mod that does what it does as well, is as well built AND has a 4 year track record of doing so, let me know and I will swap tomorrow.

It's not the ONLY mod. But I use mine 99.9% of the time. The only time I don't is when the form factor itself becomes an inconvenience. Such as overnight travelling. Their "all in one design" make my MVP's much easier to travel with and I have my MVP's strictly for out of town overnight trips.

I've read the article you quoted and also the "Why ProVari" Blog I linked above.

Those two pieces should provide you with more than enough information to make an informed decision. I'm bowing out now before it becomes one of the countless ProVari vs the World debates that always seems to occur.

And BTW.. I agree with Miata GT....Words and pictures are never enough. You have to use one to understand. Some had the faith to buy one on their own simply based on the words of others. Other more thick headed people like myself had to actually use on at a Vape Meet to know what everyone was talking about.

Haha. I'm sorry guys. I've committed the silliest of noob sins and posted a thread without doing an adequate search.

Man, It really seems that everyone and their brother absolutely LOVES this ProVari.

I'm getting one. I just have to pick a color.... Decisions, decisions....

PS and thank you everyone. :)

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
This is a really simple explanation if a provari it still for you. If you are happy with pre-built attys, carts, tank coils ect, that operate in the narrow window of the provari stick with it. On the other hand, if prefer to drop you cash on something that will support rebuilables and future equipment you should look elsewhere.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Haha. I'm sorry guys. I've committed the silliest of noob sins and posted a thread without doing an adequate search.

Man, It really seems that everyone and their brother absolutely LOVES this ProVari.

I'm getting one. I just have to pick a color.... Decisions, decisions....

PS and thank you everyone. :)

I was gifted a slightly used ProVari by a member of ECF a few months ago and I love it.

I also had a Tesla.. when it died in less than a month I took the store credit and put it toward a Polished Stainless Steel Mini...

I like ProVari for the quality of the build and the warranty plus its made in the USA... I now know why people spend the coin on them.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
This is a really simple explanation if a provari it still for you. If you are happy with pre-built attys, carts, tank coils ect, that operate in the narrow window of the provari stick with it. On the other hand, if prefer to drop you cash on something that will support rebuilables and future equipment you should look elsewhere.

My Sophias, Kayfuns, and Igo w work just fine on my ProVaris. In fact, many of us are into rebuildables.

brianeharmonjr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Indiana
My Sophias, Kayfuns, and Igo w work just fine on my ProVaris. In fact, many of us are into rebuildables.

Yeah, I'm the same way. I use Kayfuns and Russians with my ProVaris constantly and they work all day, every day. You don't have to go super-sub-ohm when using rebuildables. If you want quality, consistency, and durability and don't need to go really low resistance it is hard to beat. It may not be the best choice for everyone, but I've tried mechanicals, DNA devices, and other regulated devices, and the ProVaris are my device of choice.

CanIPlayWithMadness

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Hollister,Ca.USA
Thanks again, guys.

Well, I just made a purchase of their red/black ProVari with extended cap. I also ordered a new ProTank 2 to go with it.

Since it has the ext cap this is what it'll look like:

provari_red_black-600x600.jpg

Here's another view:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The vast majority of vapers are not into sub-ohm rebuildable or high wattage vaping. It is this Silent Majority of Vapers which is the target audience of Provape, and they are serving them quite well, thank you very much.

I'm running a 1.1 ohm microcoil in my Kayfun Lite + on my Provari as I type. I'm not into cloud chasing, but the flavor I'm enjoying is every bit as good as any sub-ohm build that I've tasted.

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Thanks again, guys.

Well, I just made the purchase of their red/black ProVari with extended cab. I also ordered a new ProTank 2 to go with it.

Since it has the ext cap this is what it'll look like:

View attachment 327590

Here's another view:

View attachment 327591

Did you order batteries?

ProVape recommends AW IMR batteries... you will need 18490's and 18650's (with the extension cap)

Last edited:

5150Marley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
Shhhh its a secret. ;)
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread