Status
Not open for further replies.

silentdoom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
MO
So, my first Provari is arriving Thursday!!!! Mini, black, green led. I see most everyone has bought the extender cap. I'm currently using a 650 ego twist, so I'm hoping that the 18350s will give me enough life for a day... I don't want my pv to be longer than absolutely necessary, and it's already not as slim as I'm used to. Please say I won't be disappointed. I bought 2 batteries but don't want to have to keep an extra with me all day :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
An EGO C 650 mah used to get me through a full day or close enough not to matter. Sometimes I'd throw the battery on the charger and grab the spare late in the evening.

A 18500 cell, which is 1100 mah gets me through a little less then a day and a half on the regular Provari. So it definately doesn't last as long mah for mah. I assume it's because I'm vaping at above 3.7 volts.

Mini isn't here yet but I really don't expect to get a full day out of it unless I vape at 3.7 volts.

YKruss

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2009
Springfield, VA
I am getting 4 hours on 18350 using ~3 ml of juice a day with 3.0 Ohms carto at 4.8 - 5 volts, so always a spare in my poket.

Couple days ago I lost the end cap so I order the replacement but for 18490/18500 battery.

Note to myself - never ever change the battery while walking a dog in the dark.

Last edited:

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
never ever change the battery while walking a dog in the dark.

This kind of stuff is exactly why I decided to order a second one. I simply just can't and don't want to go back to smoking. Figured if something goes wrong I'd be hosed. Gave my EGO-C kit away to a friend already and he's now quit as well.

silentdoom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
MO
An extra battery is what? 8$. I guess it shouldn't matter :). I'll just keep a spare at the office and my chargers at home so? Can't wait! I've got a dct and I ordered a few punched single coil dct 1.5 ohm cartomizers from provape to start fresh tomorrow. I also ordered an ego adapter and one for some 808 stardusts I ordered previously by mistake :p I'll update with pics tomorrow.

Has anyone tried the LED "cartomizers" from health cabin on their Provari? I think it would look pretty cool on this, but taste is more of my concern. Ive learned from my most recent order to ask here before ordering...

silentdoom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
MO
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341532391.913075.jpg I had some 808 stardusts that I bought by accident so here's what that adapter looks like. Not my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341532368.099626.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341532368.099626.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 10,365

motox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2010
Poinciana, FL
I have a V2 as well as a mini, and it is a paradox. The mini is SO comfortable to use, looks great, and is the perfect weight for a vaping session. For me (just my personal opinion and experience - yours may be VERY different), it frustrates me because the battery life with the 18350's is just a no-go for me. I vape like a chimney, and am lucky to get 3 to 4 hours off of one little battery. I putzed around with many different configurations - tried single coil cartomizers, tried to use it as an exclusive dripping PV, etc - but still - that damn. blinking. light. :) I know I can use it with my 18490s and the extended cap but then it's just like my regular Provari - except with teardrops carved into it. If I ever get to the point that I can reduce my consumption, the smaller configuration may eventually work for me - but as of now, she is lovingly packed away in my backup drawer - waiting for that day.

If it wasn't such a good looking mod, I wouldn't feel bad about it - but as much as I would love to make it my primary PV, the battery performance is just too much of a compromise. While my V2 performs identically (electronically speaking), the ability to use an 18650 makes it my go-to mod. Depending on your vaping style and volume, the mini with the 18350 may very well be perfect for you. And if it is, I'm jealous :)

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer - just passing along one guys experience with the mini - YMMV.

silentdoom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
MO
Well, after a good 6 hours, Its been performing fantastically! I can't believe I didn't listen to people when they said just buy this one first. I used to not like the look of tanks before, but this pv changed my opinion. I recently purchased a ego twist, and the dial is not anything compared to changing in small increments. It's so easy to tell when it too hot, and perhaps burning. Turn it down, maybe just .1 and perfect!

I don't know if I'm completely excited about cartomizers again. Has anyone here tried the clear ones with the led's and wicks from health cabin? Really think those would look cool on my black mini. Any other suggestions? I don't like the look of the nova. I want a clean design that accents the black and green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread